“Very nice staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed at this Red roof two other times. The staff was not great those other times and I told myself I wouldn't stay there again. Well I find myself going through that area and needed to stay somewhere.

I was pleasantly surprised at being treated very nicely when I asked for change of room because of location. Unfortunately the room was musty as the AC seemed to need to be cleaned out. The smell of mold kind of hit me as I walked in. The rug had stains on it and the bed was old and too soft. But it was just one night. I had to leave at 4am so it was a quick place to lay my head for the night. The overnight front desk staff was very nice.

It would be nice if the hotels that allow dogs would have bag stations for people to pick up after their dogs. I always carry them with me, but obviously other people do not. It would be nice if everyone just picked up after their own dog so my dog doesn't step in their mess...yuck

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Wilke-Barre Red Roof Inn. We appreciate when customers take the time to tell us how we can better serve them. I was happy to hear that the desk staff made you feel comfortable and welcome. I am sorry, however, that you experienced an odor issue, and your room did not prove to meet Red Roof Inn standards. We take customer feedback seriously, and this issue will be addressed immediately. I would hope that you would give us another try the next time you visit the area. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

They gave me a handicao room, which they said was the ony roon availavle. The nice part is the bathroom is all on unit, tolier sink and shower. Neither drain worker right. The room smelled like a litter box from the heat. Musty and sour smell. The bed linen was very worn out. I recommend not staying there

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing to express your concerns about your recent stay at this facility. I'm sorry that you experienced an odor issue, and that your stay wasn't as pleasant as you had anticipated. At Red Roof Inn we constantly strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms, at a competitive price. Please be assured that this was not the typical Red Roof experirnce. I urge you to give us another chance to meet your expectations the next time you are visiting the area. We look forward to seeing you again.
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in, our room had not been cleaned. The housekeeper was working in the next room. She contacted the front office right away, had our room switched, offered to go get our new keys, and waited to see if we had everything we needed. Wonderful service! Down sides, though: no amenities. Granted none were advertised, but even in budget hotel rooms you expect at least a hair dryer or coffee maker. No fridge or microwave, either. The free wi-fi in all rooms apparently did not reach ours. No breakfast was included, and there was coffee in the lobby, but life is too short for powdered creamer -- I went out for coffee instead. The room and bedding were clean, but the tub drained so slowly that by the end of a quick shower, the water was up to my ankles. There was mold on the wall where it meets the tub, an area maybe six inches long and three inches wide -- not just a little on the edge. Overall, I do not think I would return here.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your recent stay at the Wilkes Barre Red Roof Inn. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations, and can understand your disappointment that your tub drain was slow. We take feedback from our guests very seriously and these deficiencies are addressed as soon as they are brought to our attention. Also, there are several amenities avaliable at this hotel by request, such as hair dryers and micro fridges. Thank you again for expressing your concerns, and I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a stay that is truly enjoyable.
wilkes barre
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Choose red roof because of good reviews. Stay was nice for the price, very comfortable,could use an update. But the stay was fine CHECK INN was great, stay was comfortable, however when it came to CHECK OUT I was checked out by a Jen she was very ignorant and it was just uncomfortable she kept trying to check me in when I was telling her i needed to be checked out I couldnt understand what she was saying to me she just seemed confused and also to worried about what everyone one else was doing and talking about.

Room Tip: Like I said its a nice place hopefully youll be able to avoid the non-sense and just get a normal ch...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Let me first say thank you for choosing to stay at Red Roof Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that your room was clean and comfortable. I am very sorry, however, that you experienced an issue at check out. Please know that this is not the normal check out experience, and I am very sorry that the GSR was distracted during your departure. Please rest assured that this issue will be corrected, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to provide 100% satisfaction during your next stay.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This RRI is in a pretty ncie location, has been fully renovated and has nice staff. It would have been a totally enjoyable stay if the management were invested in cleaning--both the interior and exterior of the hotel. Even though everything was new in the rooms, neither the sheets nor bedspread felt clean, the rugs were already getting that "yuck I don;t want to walk without my shoes on" feeling and the shower curtain had mold on it. The outside of the hotel was the worst--ground in filth, cigarette butts littered around, and even garbage laying around on the lawns and parking lot. If the management got the staff to clean--scrub the wooden stairs and landings and pick up the garbage around--and clean the rooms better washing things like shower curtains, this would be a great place to stay. Oh well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our facility. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations this time. I would like to assure you that this is not the typical Red Roof Inn experience. We take pride in providing our guests with a clean and comfortable room, and maintenance works very hard to keep up with the litter and trash sometimes left behind in the parking lot and driveway. I would like to invite you back in the near future to give us an opportunity to serve you better.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went back again, mainly because of the low price, the rom was ok last time, and they accepted animals. This time up the room we were placed in smelled horribly of smoke that was trying to be covered up with an orangey-scent type of spray... I could not handle it, as I am allergic to cigarette smoke. We were moved without a problem, but it was not a great stay. Pick as your last resort in the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel again on your return trip. I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your second visit, even though you were quite satisfied during your first stay. Please rest assured that we take every guest comment seriously, even though it may not always be what we want to hear. Again, thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.
troy,ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre since we were traveling with our grand dog.

This hotel was perfect , my request for 1st floor was granted, nice clean room ,bed was very comfortable , the young girl at check in was so nice.

There was no extra charge for having a dog which was so nice. Plus we all had a great night sleep.

So if you need a pet friendly hotel stay here .

Room Tip: first floor is handy for taking out your 4 legged family member
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at this location. It is our goal to provide a comfortable room for all our guests, including the 4 legged ones. Although it is not always possible, we try to accommodate guest's requests whenever the room location is available, and provide quality service to all our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing Red Roof Inn..

Been to Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena? Share your experiences!