After driving around the US of A for 1.5 months and never staying at a Red Roof Inn not on purpose; it just turned out that way), I admit I was a bit skeptical—especially given the low price of $40 for two with taxes the day before CHRISTMAS EVE. I was expecting some seedy stuff, usually reserved for the very, very low-rated Super 8s or something of the sort, but what I found instead was a really brilliant value for a great price. And the person at the front desk couldn't have been nicer, not only giving me the top floor (I love that) away from the highway (I love that even more), but also proffering a handful of restaurant menus, as he noticed we'd been traveling for quite a while based on a) my home address b) my haggard face and c) my probably audible stomach.
We did walk past a steaming, nasty turd on the outdoor stairs—the Red Roof Inn is pet-friendly (hooray!) but perhaps should be less people friendly (boo!), especially when they abuse the obvious privilege of not even being up-charged for having an animal in the room. And this is how you're going to do the RRI, stranger? On Christmas Eve? For shame!
Aside from that, which obviously is not going to be a standard (or at least I hope), the room was awesome—especially for $40. We got a very comfortable king-sized bed, an actually usable desk (if one were to be there on business, this would truly be a suitable accommodation for once), a mini-fridge, microwave, working wireless, and a CLEAN, MOLD-FREE SHOWER.
I highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a decent motel in the area—even if you're traveling on I-80. It's not very far, in truth, and is the best deal for miles and miles and miles. Who wants to shell out serious cash while in the middle-ish of PA anyway? No one , that's who. I hope other motels in their chain are as excellent, because I will definitely be a repeat customer.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Hotel
- Red Roof Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre
- Red Roof Inn Wilkes-Barre
- Wilkes-Barre Red Roof Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Fareportal , Agoda and Venere so you can book your Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.