“Very good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Arena

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Arena to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Arena
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1075 Wilkes-Barre Twp. Boulevard, SR 309, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and i stayed here one night while passing through Wilkes-Barre. The gentleman on the front desk was very friendly and changed our room to the front of the hotel on the first floor when I asked for quiet. It was too! He could not provide a map of the area but did print out directions to downtown and offered a couple of suggestions for a restaurant. The hotel has clearly been in place for a long time but is still clean and fresh. The room was well equipped and the continental breakfast was quite satisfactory. Very good value for a budget hotel.

Room Tip: First floor at the front for quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello Tony...
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Econo Lodge Arena.
I was thrilled to hear your visit was pleasant and comfortable for you and your wife.
If you are ever passing through again, I hope you will stop again for a visit.
Until then....Thank you again.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Staff was friendly, bed comfortable, everything VERY CLEAN, nice, would recommend to anyone!

Bathroom fixtures were free from rust (a pleasant surprise), towels and sheets soft, floor clean, carpet in great condition, everything was very very nice.

Breakfast was wonderful as well. Lots of options! Fresh bagels, waffles, English muffins etc, with a "roller" toaster, yogurt, fruit, a big crock pot full of either grits or oatmeal, fruit and coffee.... couldn't ask for more, all offered in a very nice room with a few tables avail, all away from the front desk which added a nice element of privacy.

Room Tip: Very near highway exit, with a Perkins next door. Bring your room card and they will knock 10% off y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I cannot THANK YOU enough for the positive feedback and the wonderful comments about our hotel.
Those 5 stars really make me smile.
Just knowing you feel that strongly about your experience makes the day to day life around the hotel worth every minute.

Thank you again...you made my day!
Vero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our room was clean, quiet and pet friendly. Our room was on the first floor on the highway side, and, surprisingly, it was still very quiet. And the price was right! Easy access off the highway and back on the next day. Great restaurants and night life in downtown Wilkes-Barre if you're so inclined -- only 5 minutes away. Breakfast the next morning was very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
EconoLodgeArena, General Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello Nancy,
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments about your visit to our hotel.
to receive your kind words of praise.
Feedback from our guests whether positive or negative is an invaluable tool to maintain our award winning status.
We especially love getting the positive and all those great stars!
Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Barboursville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our tour group stayed here and what a warm welcome we felt upon driving up. Our group name was on their sign outside. On the right as you walk in the door is the hospitality room. A beautiful huge sheet cake with our name on it was waiting for us. The staff was so friendly. Our room was immaculate. No odor and nicely decorated. A goodie bag was placed on the counter to take on our trip. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioner was quiet. The one problem we had was our room was next to the hospitality room and at 4 AM someone was scooching the chairs around on the floor. It was very loud and woke us up. Yes, I would stay here again

Room Tip: Don't stay next to the hospitality room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
On behalf of our entire hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were
to receive your kind words of praise regarding your groups visit to the hotel. We truly enjoyed having you as our guests and hope you will visit us again.
Your feedback regarding the noise from the chairs will be addressed with our night auditor. I'm sure he was setting up breakfast at that time of the morning. I am so sorry your sleep was disturbed.
Once again, thank you.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our fourth stay at this hotel. As always, the front desk staff was courteous and made us, as well as our pet, feel welcome. Check in was quick and painless as I had made reservations beforehand. Our "pet" room was very clean and there was no odor present. Two double beds in the room, TV, microwave and fridge. Beds weren't the most comfortable, but for a one-night stay they would do. They serve a continental breakfast, but there is also a Perkin's Restaurant next to the hotel. We ordered dinner from there the evening we arrived and went over to pick it up when it was ready. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Our regular guests are our backbone and we truly appreciate your kind remarks.
We're committed to your satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Again, let me thank you.
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm a hotel snob. Not that I need it to be 5 stars or something but I have a bit of phobia of hotels so I do my research ahead of time. I just needed a place to sleep for about 4 hours prior to catching a flight out of Avoca. I didn't want to dump a lot of money into such a short amt of time, so when I saw the great price and positive reviews by others I figured I could give it a shot.

First off, the girl at the desk was SUPER nice. Not overly friendly or bubbly but just efficient and made you feel welcome. Nice touch to receive some locally made milk chocolate for being a rewards member, even though I forgot it in the fridge when I left this am. :( The bathroom was spotless as was the rest of the room. The TV was old but I don't watch it so it was no big deal to me. I'm not sure if the room is outdated or just not a modern/contemporary style like so many others. It had lots of pinks and greens and light colored wood. Regardless, it was clean and well maintained. The bed was just okay. I've slept on worse and better. This isn't a pillow top or anything. Just a plain old bed. I bring my own sleep sac so I didn't have to deal with the sheets or pillows---I can't give any input on those. But, I didn't see any bugs so thats a plus. Oh, and a BIG plus for me was they had fitted sheets on a King sized bed. Drives me nuts when they use flat sheets to dress the mattress!!! The towels were really anywhere near the fluffy side but, again, I'm fine with that. The shower was wonderful. Great pressure and temperature. Definitely helpful in waking up at 320am. I could hear the ppl in the hallway, however I was also going to sleep quite early so it wasn't really like they were being rude. And once I turned the AC on I heard nothing but the AC. I did get a wakeup call...phone was on the other side of the room so I couldn't just pick up and hang up. I guess thats a good thing because it got my butt out of bed, but it was really loud and annoying at 320am. So, I doubt highly I'll ever have to return but if I do, I'll most definitely come back. Just keep in mind its intended to be a good economic choice and you won't be let down. If you want a good clean sleep and wonderful shower than this is a great place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi Sarah...
Thank you so much for the outstanding review of our hotel.
Comments such as yours gives all of us here at the hotel reason to come to work day after day.
Most times we only hear complaints and it does my heart good to hear that your stay was as pleasant as you described.

Once again....and again a BIG THANK YOU !
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Based on reviews on Trip Advisor I booked my week long stay. On arrival I was greeted and promptly checked in. My room was very clean with all the comforts of home, the bed very comfortable. The microwave and fridge is a great bonus, not to mention the continental breakfast. This place is everything and more.

• Stayed September 2013
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel.
I must say, it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to tell other travelers about it.
We truly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Been to Econo Lodge Arena? Share your experiences!