“Surprisingly, pleased.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Arena

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Arena to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Arena
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1075 Wilkes-Barre Twp. Boulevard, SR 309, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Frederick, Maryland
“Surprisingly, pleased.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm a hotel snob. Not that I need it to be 5 stars or something but I have a bit of phobia of hotels so I do my research ahead of time. I just needed a place to sleep for about 4 hours prior to catching a flight out of Avoca. I didn't want to dump a lot of money into such a short amt of time, so when I saw the great price and positive reviews by others I figured I could give it a shot.

First off, the girl at the desk was SUPER nice. Not overly friendly or bubbly but just efficient and made you feel welcome. Nice touch to receive some locally made milk chocolate for being a rewards member, even though I forgot it in the fridge when I left this am. :( The bathroom was spotless as was the rest of the room. The TV was old but I don't watch it so it was no big deal to me. I'm not sure if the room is outdated or just not a modern/contemporary style like so many others. It had lots of pinks and greens and light colored wood. Regardless, it was clean and well maintained. The bed was just okay. I've slept on worse and better. This isn't a pillow top or anything. Just a plain old bed. I bring my own sleep sac so I didn't have to deal with the sheets or pillows---I can't give any input on those. But, I didn't see any bugs so thats a plus. Oh, and a BIG plus for me was they had fitted sheets on a King sized bed. Drives me nuts when they use flat sheets to dress the mattress!!! The towels were really anywhere near the fluffy side but, again, I'm fine with that. The shower was wonderful. Great pressure and temperature. Definitely helpful in waking up at 320am. I could hear the ppl in the hallway, however I was also going to sleep quite early so it wasn't really like they were being rude. And once I turned the AC on I heard nothing but the AC. I did get a wakeup call...phone was on the other side of the room so I couldn't just pick up and hang up. I guess thats a good thing because it got my butt out of bed, but it was really loud and annoying at 320am. So, I doubt highly I'll ever have to return but if I do, I'll most definitely come back. Just keep in mind its intended to be a good economic choice and you won't be let down. If you want a good clean sleep and wonderful shower than this is a great place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi Sarah...
Thank you so much for the outstanding review of our hotel.
Comments such as yours gives all of us here at the hotel reason to come to work day after day.
Most times we only hear complaints and it does my heart good to hear that your stay was as pleasant as you described.

Once again....and again a BIG THANK YOU !

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Based on reviews on Trip Advisor I booked my week long stay. On arrival I was greeted and promptly checked in. My room was very clean with all the comforts of home, the bed very comfortable. The microwave and fridge is a great bonus, not to mention the continental breakfast. This place is everything and more.

• Stayed September 2013
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel.
I must say, it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to tell other travelers about it.
We truly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel with very pleasant staff. Fridge and microwave in room. And a bonus full kitchen room on second floor for those who would like to cook. Although fine for one night, I would see if they have a room with newer flat screen TV for a longer stay. Location is good off interstate for easy on and off. Plenty of shopping (mall TJ Max and Kohl's) close by and also fast food as well as sit down restaurants. Room prices are good, but I used Choice Rewards points and thought that number was a little high for an Econolodge. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind remarks about our hotel and the high scores.
Whether positive or negative our guests feedback is a great tool to improve your overall experience.
We hope to see you again and maybe earn a 5 star rating in your eyes.

Once again....thank you!
Groveland, FL, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited Wilkes-Barre and stayed at this Econo Lodge. I found the room sufficient and the breakfast adequate. The location was great for dining and shopping. A nice room for the price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for the kind remarks about your visit with us.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Bristol, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Have stayed other choice properties in area, but after reading reviews and obtaining better price, decided to try Econo Lodge. So glad we did was only one night stay. From check-in to check-out, great expeience. The beds were comfortable, room and bathroom clean. Is set far enough back from road so no excessive noise. Morning breakfast average, servered in pleasant room. Staff friendly! Added touch tea also available with coffee in room, not important to me but impressed other couple traveling with us. Will definetly stay again. Is right off 81 and not far from casino. Parking also good, well lighted, felt safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for offering your positive comments about our hotel.
I am thrilled that your stay was a positive experience.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.
I will certainly share your feedback with our staff.

Once again ...Thank You and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the need to go to Wilkes Barre for business unexpectedly and discovered that almost every hotel was booked to the roof. I was not willing to pay $200 for some of the available rooms and booked instead with the EconoLodge @ the Arena.
- The property is not much to look at from the outside since it is basically a parking lot and the hotel
- The desk staff was helpful and efficient
- The rooms were immaculately clean
- The decor was downscale but well suited for the budget minded traveler - the decor was similar to other Choice hotels in the rooms
- The halls were utilitarian with fluorescent lights in the ceiling
- The sink was immediately inside the door which was odd but gave you more space in the room
- The management wanted feedback in writing on your departure concerning your stay and had a contest with prizes to encourage your participation
Overall I would return again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear George,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for your insight on your recent visit to our hotel.
Your feedback was very thorough and I know it must have taken some valuable time and I truly appreciate your input.
Most of all I am thrilled that you mentioned you would return to us again.
Guests, such as yourself, are invaluable to our business and the hotel business in general.

Once again...THANK YOU!
Verplanck
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great value, rooms are clean and comfortable. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Son loved the rubber duck. Will definitely recommend to people traveling up and down I-81. Lobby was welcoming and a great meeting place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at Econo Lodge Arena, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel.
All comments, whether positive or negative are extremely important to us. We take each and every one seriously in order to provide each of our guests with the best possible experience.
I hope you will visit us again so your son can add to his duck collection.

Been to Econo Lodge Arena? Share your experiences!