“Inexpensive, comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Arena

You added Econo Lodge Arena to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Arena
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1075 Wilkes-Barre Twp. Boulevard, SR 309, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Morristown, New Jersey
“Inexpensive, comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed for 1 night when I was out in Wilkes Barre for some business. Got there earlier than I usually do, around noon, so I was worried that I couldn't check in until later. Not a problem at all, checked me right in and got a great rate through a highway hotel flyer. 3rd floor smoking room was big, with a comfortable bed, desk, and TV. Also had a microwave and a mini-fridge. Had a room facing the highway - barely could hear the road noise, and it doesn't bother me anyway so not a big deal. Bathroom was clean and sufficient. Only complaint was that the toilet ran constantly, but they had a room repair request form that I filled out so they could fix it for the next guest. Internet was decent (1mb speeds) TV had plenty of channels. Breakfast was fine, waffles, bagels, cereal, OJ - nothing crazy but enough to get you going. Overall was impressed on how clean and well maintained the entire property was, for a "discount" chain. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Eastchester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our 4th time in 6 years and every time we have stayed at this hotel, we have been pleased. From the lobby staff to the room cleaners, every one was friendly or helpful. Very clean. The breakfast assortment has a good selection of breakfast items along with the local paper (Times Leader) as well as the Wall Street Journal. Staying there 10 days between the end of September and the beginning of October, it was fully booked. Lastly, not expensive. A good choice if visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Roxboro, Qc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife, our 2 children and I, stayed for one night on our way to Florida from Montreal. The room was very clean, bedding and bed covers very clean (we take covers off first thing anyway), fridge and microwave clean, bathroom very clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Obviously you can guess that cleanliness is important to me. The staff was also very nice. Great deal for the price. (The next place we stopped at was a notch higher in rating and yet was not as clean). The hotel is close to the highway and is easy to get to with restaurants near by. I'm rating the location as very good because it is very practical but it is not "scenic" location.

The only complaint I may have (and it was minor) has to do with some noise from the room above: We were on the second floor and when the person upstairs got up at 5:45AM we could hear every footstep creaking from above (I think they may have a wooden structure between the 2nd and 3rd floor -- not sure).

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms may not be as noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Clifton Forge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed two nights, one going north and one on the return home. both times we were treated with friendliness and helpfullness. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Thank you staff for a job well done.

Room Tip: Saw the most beautiful full rainbow out the back side of the hotel upon checkin. Made out stay even...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Before writing my review, I took the time to read some of the other reviews. I agree with most of them. The motel is conveniently located, clean and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. It's a great deal for the price, safe and quiet. The continental breakfast provided is much more than most places have, and coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies are available 24/7. There is a computer available for guests to use, as well as wi-fi in your room if you have a laptop. There is a laundry room on the 2nd floor, as well as a fully stocked kitchenette for guests to use if they feel like cooking. Also, I have a dog, and she has been very happy and welcome here. This is not my first time here, and I totally recommend this Econo Lodge to anyone who needs a clean, safe, quiet, dependable place to stay on a moderate budget. It's great for a one night stay, or a longer one, like me . . . .

When I came here last month for the first time, I had no place to go. I was basically homeless, having recently moved out of my house because I could no longer afford the rent. (I have been unemployed for two years, so I have been on a tight budget) I left when I found other living arrangements, but that didn't work out, so here I am again. But my point is, the staff here, Carol and John, Carolyn and John, and everyone else, has made me feel like this is my home. They have been so nice and understanding, so accomodating, so friendly that it has made a very difficult time for me a much easier one. They didn't have to do it. It's not in their job descriptions, but they did it anyway, because they are good people, well-intentioned and caring. So that is why I recommend this Econo Lodge - this staff goes the "extra mile" to make sure you are happy and have an enjoyable stay here. Long after I leave here, I will remember their kindness and professionalism. And I will consider them my friends.

As for the bad reviews, all I have to say is that has not been my experience. I have never smelled cigarette smoke, or found a room dirty (I've been in 4 of them!). My room has always been spotless, and the furnishings are fine. This is the Econo Lodge, not the Hilton. If you come here expecting lavish accommodations: 1. You would be paying a lot more per night and, 2. You don't understand the name of the chain!!

If you do find anything wrong, please don't hesitate to tell the staff. They can't fix it if you don't tell them. Nobody's perfect, but they come pretty darn close!

Room Tip: Pick a room that's at the end of the hall, so you're away from the elevator and laundry room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

the hotel and room and breakfast were good. easy off and off highway, discount to restaurant across driveway was nice, eggs in hotel I think were a couple days old. would stay again if traveling thru state

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This Econo Lodge is right on SR309 and easy to get too. The rooms are very nice and the hosts are pleasant. For the price it is an excellent choice. The breakfast is minimal, but if you have visited an Econo Lodge you know that is the norm. There is a Perkins right below and a few fast food places within a short walk. The major stores and restaurants are only a couple miles away, including a Sam's Club, Cracker Barrel and many more.

Room Tip: Tae King Rooms are a good deal.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Arena? Share your experiences!