“should have taken my own advice” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 242 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Somewhere, USA
“should have taken my own advice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

There weren't many choices on the first Friday in Lent. Came back here for dinner against my prior review's advice. That'll be the last time. They have a blackened whitefish feature. I ordered it without the onions and peppers. It came out plain (and sorry looking). I said it was supposed to be blackened and the waiter thought I said plain. I never said that word. But he would take of it. Two minutes later the same fish comes back with seasonings sprinkled on it. I was hungry and didn't want to wait longer. Turns out the fish was cold by then, too. Picture included. My wife and son didn't care much for their fish 'n' chips either. Overall paid way too much for a very disappointing meal. It's even going to be a while before I go back for breakfast.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

White Haven, Pennsylvania
“Raw pancakes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

On arrival I attempted to purchase a pie from the bakery. This took 4 staff members. One of which is the manager. It was Saturday at 11:00am. We were being seated at a dirty table, I opted for the clean one near by. The place was not busy. The manager had already mentioned she had sent 2 staff home early. I ordered pancakes. They smelt so good. It was just what I had been craving. I was surprised how mushy they were, since I do not add syrup. I was chatting with my spouse, so I had not really looked at the food since it was set in front of me. The texture was getting creepy, I looked down to see the batter dripping from the pancakes onto the plate. After finally getting the waitress to assist me, all she had no other say was." I'll take the cakes off your bill. I mentioned this event to the manager on the way to wash up. Her reply was," the pancakes are not made with any eggs or milk, so you will be fine.". Really? Good to know. What the heck are they made with??. My feet will do the talking, I would tell be here again. I will also be happy to share this awful experience with others. No, food was substituted for the pancakes.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Throop, Pa
“Not tasty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Portions were small and tasteless. Wife had chicken pot pie. Breakast may be different and worth a try. Service was friendly and courteous. Very child friendly if interested in a sopt to grab a quick meal before or after shopping, movie or attending an event at the arena.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cape May, New Jersey
“New and Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn and noticed the sign indicating they were newly remodeled - a staffer indicated they had been re-openned for a week. The facility was excellent - clean, spacious, good furnishings. The waitress was excellent. It was uncrowded and service was very prompt. She even talked me into some take-home cookies that appeared on the table in a flash. Access from the main highway was easy at a traffic light and back street. Food was very tasty and we would go there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Forty Fort, PA
“Great food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Their bannana cake is delicious. Also the soups, that they offer, are great.
Their baked goods are great to go.

Visited March 2013