“Great pizza but something missing” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 242 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Pizza
Duryea, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great pizza but something missing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was alerted to this restaurant by a friend who raved over their pizza. Good point....pizza is delicious, one of the best in the valley. We managed to receive a coupon reward for $25 so my wife and I and her sister and her family went for a lite dinner. It's NOT in Wilkes-Barre but in Plains, PA. Same old miners' era bar room, nicely kept as friendly to the patrons. Dining room, however, seemed disjointed, even though we had called twice re our reservations. They said they didn't have them but gladly seated us. Waitress was on her A game, excellent to the point of even reviewing the bill with us before we paid. Pizza excellent with a capital E. Plenty of food, served piping hot, but they simply need to spruce up and work on the dining room and staff. Will definitely go back again....wouldn't miss the pizza....and hope to see some improvement.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mooresville, North Carolina
“won't be going back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant was one of my families favorite places to eat.We have since moved away but when we visit the area about twice yearly , we go there .We have noticed a progressive decline in the quality and quantity of food and also very poor service.This last visit was the worst yet .I ordered the scallops .It was less than half the amount I usually received.The portions of the other meals was also skimpy .I was still hungry after I finished my dinner so I went for the bread basket And the bread was terribly stale.With all the other great places to eat in the region skip this place.Things do change, unfortunately this old favorite of mine has changed for the worse.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, PA
“Great Place! Used a Restaurant.com Coupon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I bought a restaurant.com coupon for $4 - Good for $25 worth of food & drinks.
No week end restrictions - Also good for drinks.

We went with another couple...1st Friday after Lent started in 2012.
6 minute wait to be seated...Told pizza wait would be 75 minutes...

We ordered other items.
I had Minestra(sp)Spinach W/Beans sauteed in garlic and olive oil -Crusty Itl Bread Excellent!

I had the Steak sandwich...Again Excellent! Same Crusty Itl Bread...

Great Place - We will be back

Visited February 2012
lancaster pa
“Still Excellent after All Those Years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Used to eat pizza here in the 1970's when I lived in Plains Twp., stopped back this summer while visiting and I'm glad I did. It has the same small town atmosphere, great service and the pizza if anything is better. Louie does it better than his Dad and that's saying quite a bit!

I visit the W-B often and will make a point of returning to Dominick's. Decent parking, nice clientele and did I mention the Pizza?

• Visited July 2011