“Center of the Wyoming Valley” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain

You added Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Wildflower Drive at Route 115, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-9791 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Cape May Co., NJ
“Center of the Wyoming Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I travel for personal pleasure. The Best Western Plus East Mountain has been home base for several trips as I visited and photographed homes, schools churches cemeteries and historic places- family sites from Scranton to Berwick. East Mountain Is in the center, very close to routes I-81, I-476, 309, 115 and 11. It is a pleasure to return to the Inn and get a relaxing deliciousmeal- morning, noon and evening, I have enjoyed the evening lights across the valley; I have watched snow transforming the view.

Room Tip: Being able to schedule for a three-day promotional rate is a strong plus.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
SylviaD41, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Glad to hear you have enjoyed your past stays here with us. It has been our pleasure. Yes we are very close to all major highways. Right off I-81, Route 115 and the PA turnpike 476 is right up the road. You are right about the views. The view from one of our top floors when the snow has just fallen is amazing. Thank you!! Sylvia Decker, Best Western East Mountain Inn & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Uxbridge, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

All positive attributes of this hotel were overshadowed by the uncomfortable beds. If you can get over that, the hotel is a good, clen, no frills property. Good for our overnight stay on the way down to va.

• Stayed February 2012
SylviaD41, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't like our mattresses. Most of our rooms do have new pillow top mattresses. Thank you again!! Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed one night and for the most part I enjoyed my stay, especially for the great rate that I was quoted. The room was large and clean. There was a very faint smell of I think it was mold that I smelled when the room heated up at night. It wasnt enought to really bother me or for me to complain. The hotel's free buffet was enjoyable. Check in was quick and efficient. Finding the place was very difficult. After typing in the hotel address in my gps I ended up in a residential area. I went to the hotel website and an address for gps devices was listed and I was only 2 miles away. I should have looked at the website carefully. My only complaint was the size of the bath towels. They were closer to the size of a hand towel. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Regarding the smell of the heater. The winter is our slower time so all the rooms don't get used as often. This maybe why the smell accrued. We will be renovating more rooms soon in the fall/winter. We would have gladly moved you to a different room if you had wished. Yes we do have a problem with our address for GPS. Our mailing address of 2400 East End Blvd. doesn't work in most GPS machines. 600 Wildflower Dr. Wilkes-Barre PA 18702 will get you to us. We are trying to get this problem resolved but have been having some issues. Sorry you had a problem finding us. We are working on it. Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites
Essex Fells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

The Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites in the Wilkes-Barre area was a perfect stop for an overnight stay. Atop a hill, the hotel was easily accessible from T. It was located within three minutes of the Mohegan Sun Arena and within five minutes of the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs. It had a very nice indoor pool and jacuzzi area that opened early (6am) and closed late (10pm). The hotel had a hot breakfast buffet, another plus. The bed was clean and firm, the room was well lit with ample lighting sources for reading. The lobby was spacious and the desk attendant was extremely friendly and helpful. My only two complaints; a toilet bowl whose seat cover refused to stay up (a menace to us guys) and the remote for the TV was missing. Otherwise, a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are sorry about the seat not staying up and the remote missing. I will speak to my maintenance and housekeeping managers about these two issues. Thank you, Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I enjoyed my stay 2 weeks ago and will stay again. Friendly service, clean beds, excellent breakfast buffet, and quiet rooms. Not the biggest on Best Western, but this one sure knows how to do hospitality the right way.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SylviaD41, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Wow!!!!! Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope you will stay with us again soon. Thanks again........Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The hotel is located on a beautifully landscaped hilltop overlooking the Wyoming Valley. When I stayed there in the 90's with my young family, it was really pristine, and especially fun because of the indoor pool and spa tub. According to the local news, it's due to get a $3 million update, so I'd love to go back when that happens. The lobby is clean and bright with the floor to ceiling windows on both sides. The desk help, breakfast servers, bartender, and maids are very friendly and helpful. The small gym is decent and not at all crowed, even though the hotel was filled. Every room seems to have a great view. My grown daughter and I stayed in a spacious double room that had 2 beds, a chair and ottoman as well as a desk and office chair, and there was still room for us to move around. The closet and bathroom were ample for our weekend needs. I could see how someone looking to stay at a 4 or 5 star hotel would find fault with the outdated decor of the older tiled bathroom, guestrooms and lobby, but for anyone who needs a decent place to stay with all the amenities, this is it. Maybe I wouldn't have been as happy if I paid full price, but it couldn't be beat for the hotwire price! Oh, yes, and the breakfast buffet was sufficient with fresh hot scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, pastries and fresh fruit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We have just completed our renovations of our whole 1st floor. Which includes all new equipement in the fitness center. The two restauntants have been redone and the lobby with all new furniture and wallpaper though out. I hope you can stay with us again to see the new changes that we made. Thank you, Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites.
Lehman, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Recently I visited the East Mountain Inn and Suites, and was pleased with the overall state of the hotel. The room I had was moderately clean and spacious, but nothing fancy. I do have to say it was better than an average hotel. The lobby was very large and clean. There's a nice indoor pool, and a decent sized "grand" room forweddings/meetings/conventions...etc....
Most of the staff was pleasent.

I would have rated this a "5 out of 5" because I highly doubt you'll find a nicer place to stay when visitng Wilkes-Bare/Scranton...but finding a way to the parking lot was horrendous. First I tried making a left turn off of the busy 4 lane highway...however the constant stream of on-comming cars made it impossible. Then I tried the alternate way to the parking lot....which was driving through a seemingly "private" lane through several apartment complexes. Several times I wondered if I was going the right way, but was finally relieved to see the tiny sign pointing towards the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain? Share your experiences!