“Worth it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Host Inn All Suites Hotel

You added Host Inn All Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Host Inn All Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   860 Kidder Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 (Formerly Host Inn and Residential Suites)   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Room was spacious although there was a mild "odor" we really couldn't identify..otherwise, VERY CLEAN! Stayed during an unusually warm weekend and AC didn't function but fan ran to help circulate the air. Was able to keep the window open all night. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

In a word, this hotel is great value for the dollar, especially if you are traveling with 2 persons or more.

To be frank, I had no idea the hotel existed while surfing Tripadvisor at the restaurant in front of the entrance. Large spacious rooms, great open shower, fantastic hot tub. The breakfast, to be fair, was very average, but for the price it was a great deal overall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The staff was friendly. The room was a comfortable size. The free breakfast was great. BUT…the parking lot was very crowded with too many hotels sharing the same space. The pot hole at the entrance almost took the bottom of our car off. Even though the room was 'clean,' the smell of nicotine in the NON-SMOKING room was sickening. It permeated the air and everything about the suite. We were told that it was definitely a non-smoking room but it's proximity to the smoking section saturated the room. If you stay here, make sure you request a room FAR AWAY from the smoking section. We had to wash everything that we brought into the room when we got home to get rid of the lingering smell. Too bad, because the hotel was decent.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, ask for a room FAR away for the smoking section.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Madawaska, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Clean Room (really a suite) 4 rooms
basic kitchen
sleeper sofa, desk, tv/dvd, dining table in another room,
bedroom with tv
bathroom
There is a continental breakfast, a pool, and a fitness center.
Good Service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Grabbed the coupon book for Pennsylvania on my way North and found the Host Inn through that. It's behind the Quality Inn/TGIFridays. The price was good and there was enough parking. Got into my room and was amazed. It's basically a one bedroom apartment with a small working kitchen. My view was of the valley below, so there was plenty of privacy and a great vista. It's is pet friendly, but I did not hear anything. The rooms are very clean and quiet and the space is very large, so no one is crowded (we were two adults and two kids). Great find, friendly staff, will stay here again if ever I'm in the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lori F, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.
Fair Haven, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We booked on Expedia so not sure of what ya get until you get to hotel. This place was just beautiful. it is behind TGIF so you have to look close for it but worth the look. Lovely Staff from morning till night. Met 7 different ones during our two night stay. has a seperate computer area,hot breakfast,and rooms have full facitities!. seperate bedroom and Kitchen. NO noise from other rooms, thought must be sound proof. didn't even hear another door close or slam.
Laundry basket in room as well as safe. Will look for Host again and again. Linda G.

Room Tip: Just ask for want you need or want, Marie,Suet,Anthony, any of the staff will help you get it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at The Host Inn when we went down to Wilkes-Barre PA for his company Christmas party. It was pretty easy to find, not far off the main highway. It seemed just off a main road through the town, however I couldn't see it from the street. Once you pull into the lot take a left past friday's restaurant and another hotel, it's almost hidden in the back.
There were many people staying for parties that night so they had filled up the room we booked and we got a free upgrade to the jacuzzi suite! It was amazing. I love the jacuzzi, we will have to book that room next time. There is also a fireplace, a flat screen television, a full kitchen with full size fridge, oven with stove, dishwasher, sink, toaster, coffee maker, cabinet space with dishes, everything you could need. The room had more than enough storage space and included an iron, hair dryer, plenty of towels, an in room safe, and bath and body works soaps and shampoo. There was a desk in the room which had books on hotel and local information and a small table with two chairs for eating meals. I know this hotel also includes a general pool and jacuzzi, but I did not get the chance to use those.
The staff was very pleasant and seemed to try to be as helpful as they could while doing
everything with a smile. Even though the hotel seemed to be pretty booked up I never had to wait on line during check in, check out, or when purchasing from the little shop in the front. I was also grateful they had an ATM on site. I liked the lobby area and the dining area. The christmas decor and fireplaces really gave a warm welcome. This hotel also included a free breakfast buffet in the morning between 6:30am and 9:30am which had cereal, oatmeal, bagels, sausage, bacon, eggs, make your own waffles in original and blueberry, milk, orange juice, coffee, these are just the things I remember there may have been more. We also used the hotel shuttle to go from there to and from the Christmas party at a local catering hall. There was quite a bit of snow and the driver did a great job of getting everyone where they were going safely and comfortably.
The only issues I had were, the fireplace was difficult to work. There wasn't any on or off switch as we would expect. The desk seemed to get this question a lot and told us we had to make sure it wasn't too warm in the room. We turned the heat all the way down and in the middle of the night the fireplace sprung on for a while and then shut off again. I guess it comes on automatically when it gets cold? This was confusing. Next, the chairs had large stains on the cushions. I flipped them over and the other side seemed better. Also, not really an issue, but most hotels I stay at have soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. This hotel only has soaps and shampoo. Although, I really did like the bath and body works scent. Luckily I had lotion in my bag anyway. None of the issues were major. Overall, I had an incredibly pleasant stay. I definitely plan on staying here again anytime I am in the area and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Host Inn All Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!