“Loved the Host Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Host Inn All Suites Hotel

You added Host Inn All Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Host Inn All Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   860 Kidder Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 (Formerly Host Inn and Residential Suites)   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
NJ
“Loved the Host Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

I stayed at the Host Inn, last weekend and it was perfect! My nephew graduated from Wilkes University and this hotel was in a perfect location. It is five lights away from the Wachovia Arena where the graduation was held and a 7minute ride to Wilkes University.

The Host Inn is in the same area as the Holiday Inn and a TGIF's so at night if we needed a "drink" or a bite to eat we just walked over to TGIF's. There is also many fast food places to get something to eat, and a couple of malls within 5minutes from the Host Inn. This hotel is in a great location!

The room I stayed in was a two room suite, kitchen, living area with pull out sofa, and a separate bedroom. The bathroom was spotless! Very clean hotel indeed.

Each morning the hotel offers a Continental Breakfast in the lobby area with plenty to choose from.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for a hotel in this area, don't think twice, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your response. Our hotel is centralized at a great location and I'm glad to hear that our hotel fit well with all of your needs for that particular weekend. Thank you again and please visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

We are from Pittsburgh PA and our son and his family are from Albany NY. We met here for a weekend. The place was great. We each had a suite. Both were very clean and comfortable. Our son has an infant and a dog. Both were welcomed.
Saw the pool but didn't use, looked nice. The breakfast was nice and had all that we needed. The staff was very friendly. We are already talking about our next time we will meet there again.

• Liked — Roominess
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hello and thank you for your response. From my experiences and the feedback I receive, Wilkes Barre is a great half way point for many travelers. Thank you for your positive feedback and hope you visit soon.
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

I was really bothered by the VERY busy intersection it is located at, not to mention a highway behind it...

They seemed to make an attempt to "look" like a chain, but you are better off staying somewhere else quiter and collect some points.

• Liked — TGI Fridays connected
  • Disliked — Location
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you are aware of the location
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and apologize for the highway that sits behind the hotel but there are area's of the hotel which are quieter than others. Because of the prime location, at times the intersection can be quite busy depending on time of day. We offer the same amenities as a "big chain" hotel but if you intend to travel to Wilkes Barre again, please visit us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2005

We arrived late in need of a place to stay, and the staff were terrific. We had two children, one with special concerns. The room was very clean and beds comfortable. The kitchen and rest of the suite was exactly as promised in brochure. All supplies were present and sparkling.
The staff again was attentive and helpful during our stay.
The pool and hot tub were very clean.
We would stay here again:)

• Stayed November 2004
, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hello and thank you for your response. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If you ever travel to Wilkes Barre again, please visit us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

I found this place when referred by The Holiday Inn in front of it which was sold out that night. I had a two room suite with everything I needed and then some. I wish I brought a steak to cook in the kitchen area, that was nice suprise. I went down to the hot tub & then borrowed a DVD from the front desk to use with the in room DVD player. (awesome!) I didn't want to wake up, but I'm glad I did, I had a nice breakfast in the morning. The staff was friendly and this was the most worry free stay I have ever had.

• Stayed February 2005
, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hello and thank you for your response. Its great to hear such positive feedback and hope to see you return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2004

Hotel is a little hard to find and not best location (tucked in behind Holiday Inn), but otherwise excellent value. Clean and comfortable with friendly staff. Includes kitchen, separate bedroom, pool, managers reception with wine, beer and snacks and full continental breakfast (waffles are only hot item). All in all excellent and great value for corporate rate paid (89$).

• Stayed January 2005
, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hello and thank you for your response. We are tucked behind a Holiday Inn (which is now a Quality Inn) but this makes us a hidden gem. Please visit us again.
Delran, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2004

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Wilkes Barre, Pa. and it was largely due to the wonderful people who reside there and to the excellent accomodations provided by The Host Inn. I had a luxurious room, replete with jacuzzi. The staff could not have been better, especially Nancy, Mike and Stephanie. Service was second to none. Anyone traveling in this wonderful region of Pennsylvania would do very well to book this particular hotel. I know I will do exactly that on my next trip to this very lovely area. I cannot say enough about what a great hotel this was! Thanks to the Host Inn for making this the great trip it was. I was afforded every amenity, and was graciously allowed extended checkout, to boot. This gave me the opportunity to spend more time with the great people I went to visit.At the risk of stealing a line from Toby Keith, let me say, with alacrity, "I loved this hotel!!"Sincerely, A Very Satisfied Customer, Kathleen ( Bunny) Brown Hewko

, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hello and thank you for your response. We appreciate the positive feedback and if you're ever in Wilkes Barre again, please visit us.

Been to Host Inn All Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!