We spent an extended period of time at the Host Inn due to temporary work in the area. The first thing I will say is this hotel would be excellent if the ownership was willing to put some money into updating a thing or two. TV's and towels/linens would be the first area I would suggest improvement.
Every room is a suite (extended stay type), so you'll be equipped with a kitchen no matter what.
The location is excellent, right off of 390 and 83. Directly across (walking distance) from the Wyoming Valley Mall. TGI Fridays is attached to one of the sister hotels, and there are plenty more restaurants within minutes of driving.
The laundry is expensive, $2.00 per load. When you are staying here for an extended period it gets to be a bit much.
The staff is all excellent, from the moment we got there to the many months after we left they were wonderful. If we needed anything at all they were extremely helpful.
One of the reasons we choose host was because they accept pets. There is no great area to do dog walking around the property, however there is a courtyard near the Quality Inn and a dog run at the side of the hotel.
If you don't mind the sound of the highway, request a room that faces the valley. The views are spectacular from the second and third floor!
All in all the Host Inn was perfect for our short term living arrangements and we enjoyed our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an all-suite property. We have full kitchens with a full refrigerator, microwave, dish washer, garbage disposal, stove(with oven), all of your utensils and pots and pans. It has a separate bedroom area and living room area. You can close off the door and have separate space. Our rooms are either 1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds with a pull out sofa. There is a dining room table as well as a work desk and DVD player in the living room. We have an indoor pool and hot tub, 24 Hour Fitness Center and a patio with BBQ grill. We are on the complex with TGI Friday's where you would receive a 10% discount. We also serve a hot complimentary breakfast 6:30-9:30am(10am on weekends)(omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon, yogurt, cereal, fruits, oatmeal etc). Our boardroom is 800 sq ft and it overlooks the valley with a large balcony. We are also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Host Inn All Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Host Inn And Residential Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Residential Inn
- Host Hotel And Residential