“Awesome hotel with awesome staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
“Awesome hotel with awesome staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My children stayed here for almost 2 months while visiting my husband who was working in the area. This was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in, and absolutly the nicest staff! Stephanie, Emma, and the rest of the staff were awesome! They were always friendly and more than willing to help answer questions... Several times Stephanie searched the Internet to find information for me. They were also wonderful and kind to my 6 and 3 year olds. They really made this hotel feel like a home away from home! I would encourage anyone looking for long or short term accommodations in the Wilkes-Barre to stay at this hotel! Thank you Stephanie and Emma for making us feel at home so far away from home!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had an awesome stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, especially Stephanie and Emma. It is great to know that they were helpful and very friendly. I will be sure to share your remarks with them and the rest of our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jamesville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here recently and it was our first time staying with this chain. It was not bad. Our favorite part of the hotel was the shower, it was awesome! The price was right and the location worked for our trip to the casino nearby. The breakfast was more like a snack, but the coffee was good. The room was clean and big enough for a night but I think it would feel rather small if we had to stay for any extended period of time. The hotel building is a bit dated, but maybe they will work on updating rooms and bathrooms as time goes on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and our location. As well, I am pleased to know that you truly enjoyed your room, especially the shower.

Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

we recently stayed 12 nights. staff were great, rooms were great, location was great, but as you used to have a choice of smoking/non smoking, we think you should have a choice of pet or non/pet, My spouse had a terrible allergic reaction, swelled legs, rash all over her lower body. We checked on cleaning supplies used, we stripped the bed and slept using the comforter as our blanket. We finally found out there were 2 huge dogs in the room next to us, it was an adjoining room, to late to change rooms. we slept in another hotel our final night and she started to recover. Just be advised, if you have animal allergies, to check before you stay, we will from now on. We had stayed in this hotel at least the last 12 years and never had a problem. They now have new management.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your spouse had a terrible allergic reaction to the dogs located in the adjoining room. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wlb@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I survey roads for a living, working all over the U.S., living out of hotels for 8 months of the year. I stay with a wide range of brands, such as Hyatt, Comfort Suites, Marriott, Holiday Inn, depending upon work location/availability etc. I've also stayed in many Extended Stay Americas, Best Westerns etc.

This hotel has been a real 'find'. So much so that I have now extended my stay twice, despite increased travel time for work, from an original few days to approaching 3 weeks. The only reason I'm leaving is it's time to fly home to California.

Hotel is freshly decorated, extremely friendly staff (special mentions to Emma and Bonnie, nothing is ever too much trouble and always dealt with a smile). Room layouts are unusual for ESA, a bit more like a 'Candlewood Suites'. This is a good thing. Well equipped, spacious rooms with good storage space. Full size fridge freezer, ice-maker within. Seemingly new carpets throughout and I believe the whole hotel is now non-smoking. Fantastic! There is a small, but well equipped, exercise room. In house laundry, as is expected in an ESA. Outside there is a seated gazebo, small dog walking area along with several BBQ/Grill pits. Plenty of parking.

Basic, 'grab and go' breakfast. Regard it as a bonus rather than expecting a actual 'breakfast'. One really nice touch, and very much appreciated, is that coffee appears to be available all day. Regional managers please take note, this costs relatively little and goes so very far in the 'goodwill' stakes. This is one of the little things that goes so very far in raising ESAs game in the hospitality industry. Let's see this nationwide asap....

Without a doubt, this is by far the best ESA I have stayed in. If they were all this good, this corporate traveler would use ESA far more often.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of our property! I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service level at our hotel. We pride ourselves on making this hotel a "home away from home" for our guests. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband, adult daughter, grandson and I stayed over a Saturday Night at this property. We arrived approximately at 1am and found the property to be clean, spacious and comfortable in the 2 queen bedroom suite. The complimentary breakfast was marginal but enough for a quick bite. The times from 6-9am was limited for us due to our early morning arrival. Check out at 11am is also earlier than most noon checkouts but a request to stay until 12n was quickly granted. EMMA, at the front desk in the morning, was a blessing! She went out of her way to be helpful with our emergency special needs, with great kindness. She is truly an asset to your company!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Judy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the customer service the entire staff provided you at our hotel, especially Emma. As well, I am so happy to read that you found your room to be clean, spacious and comfortable. I will be sure to share all of your remarks with the team.

austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights on a family visiting trip. It was my first time staying at an extended stay type of hotel. We were very pleased with the service, the staff could not have been nicer. It was great having a kitchenette and the room was more then adequate size wise. The beds were fairly comfortable but of course as expected not good as home. The hotel is up on a hill a bit off the the highway which made me feel safer and noise was not a problem. Will plan on staying there again on my next family visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service and the friendliness of our staff.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I travel a lot, U.S. and over seas, Asia , Europe , been in many hotels. For a Medium Size hotel chain so they say almost 700 locations. I expected a little more. The only reason I stayed at the hotel, is because it was pet friendly.
The halls smell from smoke and cigarettes ,and I stayed on a no smoking room. I asked for ice , no ice in the whole hotel, nothing. I was told you can make the ice in your room. Fine, if the ice maker had a start, but no ice and you know how long it takes to make ice .
The rooms where clean and the staff was nice., but just expected more for 200.00 for a two room suite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Been to Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315? Share your experiences!