“Clean, spacious and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315

You added Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Media, Pennsylvania
“Clean, spacious and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband, adult daughter, grandson and I stayed over a Saturday Night at this property. We arrived approximately at 1am and found the property to be clean, spacious and comfortable in the 2 queen bedroom suite. The complimentary breakfast was marginal but enough for a quick bite. The times from 6-9am was limited for us due to our early morning arrival. Check out at 11am is also earlier than most noon checkouts but a request to stay until 12n was quickly granted. EMMA, at the front desk in the morning, was a blessing! She went out of her way to be helpful with our emergency special needs, with great kindness. She is truly an asset to your company!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Judy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the customer service the entire staff provided you at our hotel, especially Emma. As well, I am so happy to read that you found your room to be clean, spacious and comfortable. I will be sure to share all of your remarks with the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights on a family visiting trip. It was my first time staying at an extended stay type of hotel. We were very pleased with the service, the staff could not have been nicer. It was great having a kitchenette and the room was more then adequate size wise. The beds were fairly comfortable but of course as expected not good as home. The hotel is up on a hill a bit off the the highway which made me feel safer and noise was not a problem. Will plan on staying there again on my next family visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service and the friendliness of our staff.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I travel a lot, U.S. and over seas, Asia , Europe , been in many hotels. For a Medium Size hotel chain so they say almost 700 locations. I expected a little more. The only reason I stayed at the hotel, is because it was pet friendly.
The halls smell from smoke and cigarettes ,and I stayed on a no smoking room. I asked for ice , no ice in the whole hotel, nothing. I was told you can make the ice in your room. Fine, if the ice maker had a start, but no ice and you know how long it takes to make ice .
The rooms where clean and the staff was nice., but just expected more for 200.00 for a two room suite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Edwardsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is suc a terrific hotel! The staff is awesome........Emma, Mark, Bonnie, Kaitlyn, Dave, Brian, Tracy and Dawn make you feel welcome and part of the family. The rooms are beautiful and the service is amazing!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room isa jewel!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the glowing review of our hotel. My staff and I sincerely appreciate the remarks you have made. It has been our pleasure to provide for you and we look forward to providing the same level of service in the future, for you and for all our guests.
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As a traveling nurse, I've stayed at a lot of different hotels and apartments. But while staying at the Extended Stay in Wilkes-Barre PA, I had a wonderful experience. The staff was always more than accommodating and they were always willing to help with whatever I needed. I stayed there for 2 months and the whole experience was very comfortable. It was very easy to get clean linens and I never has any issues with noise or disturbances from the rooms around me. It was also nice that they had a kitchenette, pots, pans, dishes, and utensils for me the use. The DVD player was another great addition. It was a great place to call my home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the very kind and generous review. The staff and management of this hotel was so happy to have you as our guest. It was truly our pleasure. Sometimes, the hardest thing about this business is to see our guests say goodbye.
South Bend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

You're always on guard when staying anywhere out of town - there are plenty of horror stories out there about hotels. This was not one of them. At the end of a 10 hour driving day, it was a pleasure to end up here for the night. Bonnie, the front desk clerk, was very pleasant & unlike some places, didn't seem like you were bothering her to check in.

The room I had was a single queen room, and was the perfect for me, since I was travelling alone. It might have been a little tight sleeping for more than onc, since the bed was in a corner up against the wall, but like I said.. for me, it was perfect. The bed was comfortable (again, for me, but being such an individual preference, you'd have to make your own decision), and had plenty of pillows. It was nice to have the big tv & dvd player in the room, as it made relaxing easy. I didn't have a need for the kitchenette on this trip, but everything was there & ready to go if you do. Bathroom was clean, with plenty of CLEAN towels (again, the horror stories lol)

The only minor things I had were it appeared the housekeepers hadn't dusted a few things in there for a while, (little things like the bedside table & accessories) and the wall mounted thermostat didn't work. Neither of which would really detract from this place in general. Being humans, things get overlooked occasionally, and since the controls worked on the AC unit itself, I was still nice & comfy.( A side note - the AC unit was actually pretty quiet, unlike some you can't hear yourself think over..always a plus) I would have mentioned it when I checked out, but at 4:30 am, my head was still in bed. Also on that note, the girl that was working the front desk when I checked out (earliness kept me from getting her name also) was equally as pleasant & helpful as Bonnie was earlier.

The location of this hotel was within a couple minutes of just about anything you needed. I would have no problem staying here again. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: As it was mentioned by others, even # rooms are on the highway side, but honestly I really didn'...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
My staff and I would like to thank you for the kind comments you have made about our hotel and our staff. It is important to all of us, that each guest feels that they are in a genuinely caring and friendly atmosphere and that each room meets and exceeds your needs.
Someone, like yourself, who has spent too many hours on the road, should be able to settle in to a hotel that is comfortable, with people who are welcoming and helpful. Any less and we fail at our jobs.

So, again, we thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Once you find this hotel you'll be glad you did! It's tucked away on a hill but close to all the shopping as well as one mile from the casino and close to the arena as well. Rooms are well equipped and I have had two separate stays here of about 4 months each. I cannot say enough about the staff and how friendly and helpful they are! Tom, Bonnie, Kaitlin, Mark, are wonderful and Tracey and Dawn in housekeeping made sure we had everything we needed. Others were wonderful too but I didn't catch all their names. The bottom line is this hotel has everything you need for a comfortable stay. Lots of parking and a coffee/muffin bar for breakfast. Laundry and exercise room on site. If I had a negative it would be laundry area could be bigger but it's adequate. I will definitely be back when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012

We all look forward to seeing you and yours back with us again.