“Great place after a long day of travel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315

You added Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
South Bend
“Great place after a long day of travel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

You're always on guard when staying anywhere out of town - there are plenty of horror stories out there about hotels. This was not one of them. At the end of a 10 hour driving day, it was a pleasure to end up here for the night. Bonnie, the front desk clerk, was very pleasant & unlike some places, didn't seem like you were bothering her to check in.

The room I had was a single queen room, and was the perfect for me, since I was travelling alone. It might have been a little tight sleeping for more than onc, since the bed was in a corner up against the wall, but like I said.. for me, it was perfect. The bed was comfortable (again, for me, but being such an individual preference, you'd have to make your own decision), and had plenty of pillows. It was nice to have the big tv & dvd player in the room, as it made relaxing easy. I didn't have a need for the kitchenette on this trip, but everything was there & ready to go if you do. Bathroom was clean, with plenty of CLEAN towels (again, the horror stories lol)

The only minor things I had were it appeared the housekeepers hadn't dusted a few things in there for a while, (little things like the bedside table & accessories) and the wall mounted thermostat didn't work. Neither of which would really detract from this place in general. Being humans, things get overlooked occasionally, and since the controls worked on the AC unit itself, I was still nice & comfy.( A side note - the AC unit was actually pretty quiet, unlike some you can't hear yourself think over..always a plus) I would have mentioned it when I checked out, but at 4:30 am, my head was still in bed. Also on that note, the girl that was working the front desk when I checked out (earliness kept me from getting her name also) was equally as pleasant & helpful as Bonnie was earlier.

The location of this hotel was within a couple minutes of just about anything you needed. I would have no problem staying here again. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: As it was mentioned by others, even # rooms are on the highway side, but honestly I really didn'...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
My staff and I would like to thank you for the kind comments you have made about our hotel and our staff. It is important to all of us, that each guest feels that they are in a genuinely caring and friendly atmosphere and that each room meets and exceeds your needs.
Someone, like yourself, who has spent too many hours on the road, should be able to settle in to a hotel that is comfortable, with people who are welcoming and helpful. Any less and we fail at our jobs.

So, again, we thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Once you find this hotel you'll be glad you did! It's tucked away on a hill but close to all the shopping as well as one mile from the casino and close to the arena as well. Rooms are well equipped and I have had two separate stays here of about 4 months each. I cannot say enough about the staff and how friendly and helpful they are! Tom, Bonnie, Kaitlin, Mark, are wonderful and Tracey and Dawn in housekeeping made sure we had everything we needed. Others were wonderful too but I didn't catch all their names. The bottom line is this hotel has everything you need for a comfortable stay. Lots of parking and a coffee/muffin bar for breakfast. Laundry and exercise room on site. If I had a negative it would be laundry area could be bigger but it's adequate. I will definitely be back when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for the very kind and generous review. The staff and management of this hotel was so happy to have you as our guest. It was truly our pleasure. Sometimes, the hardest thing about this business is to see our guests say goodbye.

We all look forward to seeing you and yours back with us again.
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and have never had a bad stay. The staff is always warm and welcoming. It's nice to be greeted with a smile even if you're only walking through the lobby. Among all the usual amenities, nice sized rooms, clean bathrooms, complete kitchenette, I really like the AC/heating system. It's controlled by a thermostat on the wall, allowing you to set the temp where you like it. When you've stayed in a room heated by a roaring over-sized hair drier that only has low and high settings you appreciate this.

It's also nice in the spring/fall that they actually have windows that open!

Tom and his crew do a wonderful job at making your stay a pleasant one!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel face away from the interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
First, let me thank you for the glowing review you have posted and, also, let me thank you for being a loyal guest. Providing for each and every guest is essential if we are to provide a worry-free, productive and pleasant stay. And, if we expect our guests to return. We are so glad that we are able to provide this for you and will continue to strive to do so in the future.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said? If you are up in the Wilkes-Barre area for a while and looking for a great place to stay, choose here! The people who work here are AWESOME!!!! Helpful, caring and quick to answer any question or give you clean towels, dish detergent or coffee packets with a smile! (and they're not creepy and spying like some long-term stay hotels I've stayed at)

The hotel is clean and easily accessible to shopping and the highway. The continental breakfast with coffee in the morning is a nice perk along with an assortment of DVD movies you can borrow available at the front desk (which I have taken advantage of quite frequently). Flat screen TV and DVD players in the rooms! It has made our stay here feel like "a home away from home."

Don't worry if you are looking for a place to stay with a pool, because the hotel next door has a pool you can use for a day rate!! And there is a trail you can hike located off the parking lot along with a barbeque area with a gazebo/picnic furniture and an area to walk your pet AND your pets can stay here too!!! I could not be happier with choosing to stay here. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
From the staff and management of the Extendedstay Deluxe Hotel, Thank You for the glowing review you have posted. Every day we strive to provide the best service and a comfortable atmosphere so our guests feel they are among friends. It is very satisfying to here that we have provided just that, and yes we love our pets. They too are an important part of the family and we enjoy having them stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

If you like all the comforts of home without the work, Extended Stay hotel in Wilkes-barre is where you want to be. After having been here for months, I consider this my home away from home. I could stay anywhere but this is where I choose to remain.
What I've liked the most is an o stall feelingof unpretentiousness. From the simple, no foo-foo decor to the genuinely caring staff, the atmosphere is one of comfort and familiarity.
Its hard to find, in any service-oriented business, a staff that is either not put off by a request and are overly friendly. Sometimes staff are lacking in concern or just simply cannot meet your needs. Not so here. Any requests have been met with the staff's desire to fill them, promptly and cheerfully. What's unusual is to get this response from any given employee of this committed staff. Excellent device is the norm here.
My room is comfortable, clean and quiet. If there is a guest next door, im usually unaware of it. Having a mini-kitchen keeps in step with that homey feeling. Although, I would rather forgo the provided dishwasher for an oven. Everything I need is here- no daily chore in the search for eating costly, hum drum restaurant food. This also reduces expenses. Add that to already reasonable rates and you've got an excellent value! The mattress is not as comfortable as it could be but current ongoing renovations may change that. My room had not yet undergone updating. It didn't really seem to need it. There was not much evidence of wear and tear.
The location of this Extended Stay was a little tricky to find. But what opened up, at the top of the hill, was a gorgeous view overlooking the valley of Wilkes-barre.
This is a pet-friendly hotel. Which, as an animal lover, I know can be a challenge to find. My normal travels are usually a compromise of having to stay at a low-budget motel that has a number in the name of its title. This time there is no compromise. I get my clean comfort, caring staff, as well as the companionship of my four-legged friend.
At first glance, I didn't see the" friendly" in pet-friendly. The location is surrounded by asphalt parking- which is ample, even large enough for tractor trailers. An elimination area is provided but small. There is also an area to socialize protected from the elements by a gazebo complete with barbecuing.
This next feature is a big one for me. The adjoining property is about a 5 acre rolling, wooded area complete with a flowing river and wildlife. A path has been provided making for easy hiking. It took me a while to realize this natural beauty was there and available to me. There is no sign marking the trail nor was it verbally communicated to me.
Its easy for me to say that my visit to the Extended Stay Deluxe hotel in Wilkes-barre, P.A has been, in all categories, an excellent experience and I highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed November 2012
Tom C, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for the glowing review of our hotel. My staff and I sincerely appreciate the remarks you have made. It has been our pleasure to provide for you and we look forward to providing the same level of service in the future, for you and for all our guests.

Again, we thank you.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We travel a lot and being made to feel at home is very important to us as well as the service we receive from the front desk and house keeping. The front desk staff are very helpful and friendly and always greet us with a smile. We have been here for 3 weeks and plan to stay here through December while my husband is working in this area. Our room has everything we need for our stay away from home. I love that I can cook daily and not have to go out to eat everyday. It is also great to have bedroom separate from the living and kitchen area and is set up like an apartment. Microwave, DVD player are included. I would recommend Wilkes Barre Extended Stay Deluxe and will look for other Extended Stays when we travel. Locate close to shopping and restaurants. Also has a gazebo and BBQ area for guest.

Room Tip: I have enjoyed being on an upper on the end quiet and floor is overlooking the tree's as they a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Wilkes Barre - Highway 315. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The staff here is excellent. The hotel itself is tucked away on a hill overlooking the surrounding area. The rooms and hotel itself are very clean. And unlike most long stay hotels I've stayed in the past they include a gym and LONG continental breakfast between 4 and 10 am. I very much enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the highway, it's is unnoticeable with the windows shut but if you enjo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315? Share your experiences!