“Not Fancy but Everything You Need” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315

You added Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Hope
“Not Fancy but Everything You Need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I just needed a place to stay in the middle of a long road trip. For a very low bid price, I decided to give it a try. The room was not fancy or super new, but it was clean and nothing was broken. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room had a fridge, oven, and microwave, as well as a DVD player on the TV. Free DVD's were available at the front desk.

The staff very nicely changed my room to a double when I checked in. If I hadn't wanted to do that, the process would probably only taken 2 minutes. As it was, check out took less than 30 seconds!

The hotel was a little tricky to find at night, and the view and surroundings are not attractive, but for my purposes, it was great value for the money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My parents and I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Wilkes Barre for my son's graduation from Wilkes University. From the very beginning of the reservation process, they were extremely helpful. Our plans changed a bit, and the people at the front desk were always gracious and accomodating. Each time they saw us, they asked how the graduation went & congratulated us. Bonnie at the front desk is a mother hen to everyone - I hope the hotel management knows & appreciates what a gem they have in her.

Our room was very spacious - a one bedroom for my parents and a pull-out sofa bed for me. It was your average sofa-bed - not the most comfortable - but served the purpose. We had a kitchen with everything except an oven, which made it great for helping my daughter-in-law prepare food for the graduation party. The bare essentials are in the kitchen area, so I was very glad I had thought to bring along mixing bowls, spatulas, knives, etc. The bathroom was roomy and CLEAN, which is always a big point for my Mom & me. We had 1 issues with the toilet, but a quick plunge & everything was back to normal.

I was very pleasantly surprised that it is as quiet as it is considering it's basically a residence for long-term guests. We had 1 night when the guys across the hall were a little rowdy, but it was Friday night, so I couldn't complain too much.

Overall, this was a wonderful experience with a great staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

We booked a last minute trip to see the Scranton Yankees over the July 4th weekend. We originally booked a 1 bedroom suite but when we arrived they said they computer had overbooked that room (they actually left a message on my machine at home too) and we were put into a room with 2 double beds. While we didn't receive what we wanted, the room we were given was more than sufficient for our needs and cheaper.

We were pleasantly surprised at how clean the hotel and rooms were. There isn't daily maid service but if you're only staying a few days that shouldn't really matter. It was not by any means a luxurious hotel experience but we saved a lot of money by choosing a great hotel that served our basic needs. While the hotel was booked, there wasn't much noise from the neighbors. The staff is very friendly. There is a bagel/muffin station and coffee in the morning.

It's about 15 minutes away from the stadium and right down the street from the casino. Scranton was surprisingly a great destination for a short trip with a young family. See Steamtown NPS.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Newington, Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

Excellent hotel. Very clean, comfortable and friendly. By poking around on thier website, I found a way to get a cheaper price on the room by clicking on promotions.

• Liked — Clean !
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

Just wanted to write a short review to exrpesss how pleasantly surprised we were last weekend with the Extended Stay Deluxe on Rt 315. Rooms were spacious. The front desk staff member Bonnie was extremely nice and attended to all our needs. She even upgraded our room to two double beds because there were three of us (two adults and a child). She had videos for the guests and my daughter was able to take one out. The room was clean and was equipped with a kitchen. There was fresh coffee in the am along with a light breakfast (i think they serve more food during the week). I have stayed at Extended Stay Hotels before, but this one is by far the best!

Stayed June 2008
schuylkill haven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

I was able to check-in 2hrs early with no hassle . Very close to
Mohegan Sun and downs. Great italian restaraunt across the street in plaza . Lots of locals and very cold beer. The only thing i would suggest is bring your own pillow. They were child size and no comfort. I did save a lot of money compared to the Woodlands next door.(which really isn't in the woods it's alongside a highway).

Stayed May 2008
Manager-PWY, Manager - WLB at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Wilkes Barre - Highway 315. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Additionally, you can always book the best rate on nearly 700 hotels across the U.S. and in Canada on our website. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2006

Candlewood Suites WIlkes Barre is a wonderful place to stay.
I arrived ahead of my husband by a day, and was very tired. The staff at the desk was very kind and informative. I was hungry and the Cupboard where you could get food and take it to your room was perfect. Then I got to the room. Wow! It was spotless, huge, had a full kitchen and a comfy recliner, and a great bed. I could not have been happier! One lady in particular at the desk helped make this stay perfect. She knew lots of info that made our life easier while we were in the area, and was pretty much our travel agent as well. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would reccomend it to anyone!

• Liked — Comfort and Hospitality
  • Disliked — Not a thing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315? Share your experiences!