“Good place in a Blizzard” 4 of 5 stars

Casino Package
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Good place in a Blizzard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Dec 26 and there is a blizzard right behind us, Pulled into the parking lot just in time, very easy to get to from the highway. Nice clean, modern,friendly and relaxing place. Lots of "stuff" close by Wal-Mart, resturants, etc etc. The beda are super comfortable and our room was spotless. Very good staff here, they really wanted you to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the comments! We are glad you got out before the blizzard hit, Wilkes-Barre is known for their snow! We have lots of great amenities that can be done in house when the weather is bad. The indoor pool, whirlpool is 24 hours. We also have a Wii gaming console, and board games on hand to pass the time. Additionally, room service is available so you do not have to leave the hotel.
We would love to see you again and hopefully warmer weather!

Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while we went out to visit Wohegan Sun for the weekend. It offered the best package to stay and play amongst surrounding hotels (the Sunsational Package). The hotel couldnt be cleaner and more relaxing to stay. Great pool, bar/breakfast area, and a nice technology center if you need to jump on the Internet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments! We understand there are alot of options for travel and we are glad you chose us! I understand how great it is to get away for one or two nights and just relax. If you decide to break away again we would love to be there for you! Safe travels and fun work till we see see you again!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very impressed with our stay at Hilton Garden Inn. It is located in a central area, not far from downtown, airport or the arena. Restaurants are in walking distance. If you forgot to pack anything a Wal-Mart is located in walking distance as well. Perfect place to stay for a weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback, we loved your title of the comments! We understand there are alot of options for travel and we are glad you chose us. It was our pleasure to assist you in your travel arrangements. If you should need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. We would love to see you again.
Safe Travels!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visiting on business and encountered a very friendly and helpful hotel staff and manager. When there was a very minor issue with my use of the shuttle, the manager stepped forward to assist me. This was very appreciated and indicative of the spirit of helpfullness at the property. I am a Hilton Diamond and found this particular HGarden to be one I will re-visit if I am back in that community.

Room Tip: Just make sure the staff knows your preference, they will go out of the way to make it work for you.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful compliments! We love feedback and want to improve. It is our mission to make this your home away from home. Please feel free to let us know if we can make your stay even more enjoyable the next time.

Safe travels until then!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nites. Hotel is very nice ....clean... Fitness room small and only 3 pieces of equipment. Staff at front desk not all that attentive. When I arrived, the clerk was more concerned with carrying on a conversation with the other staff then helping check me in. I asked for a recommendation for a seafood restaurant one evening and they brought out a binder of menus which has not been updated in some time. I looked over the 10.95 breakfast buffet but passed. Not too much variety and the eggs looked overlooked. There is a great Starbucks right out front in the next parking lot. I guess this is a hit or miss location Hilton location.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Megan R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with the accommodations and service. I am embarrassed with the customer service you were given and want you to know this is not customary of our hotel. We will be sure to work with our front desk staff to ensure that this issues is not repeated.
I would also like to know what we could have added in our breakfast area to make it more inviting. We have been working on providing a better variety and quality and your comments will help. Thank you for your review and we hope you will give us another chance.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

it was very difficult to find the room and calling the hotel was no help. I am from out of town, so I was not familiar with this area, but I would hope the hotel staff would be able to help. I thought that also the price was not very competitve for the sevices that are provided, which are very few.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I would love some clarification regarding your comments on the service and accommodations you were given. I would like to know if you recall the front desk agent you spoke with so I can use this as a training opportunity. Were you able to stay with us for the evening and if so, did you have an issue with the guestroom cleanliness or bedding package? Please let me know so I may better assist you. Thank you
Nags Head, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. This time around, it was for New Year's Eve. While it's nothing fancy, it's the tops for convenience, cleanliness, and customer service. The hotel is literally right in the parking lot of a shopping center with a wine & spirits store (PA thing), a Walmart, a Japanese restaurant, a Red Robin, and a host of other shops. There's an abundance of parking and the best thing was for New Year's Eve they shuttled us over to the Mohegan Sun Casino and picked us up at the end of the night. It was a second time and we will definitely be back when we're in the area. The convenience of the location to the Mohegan Sun Arena, downtown Wilkes Barre, and the casino and the pleasant staff are top notch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback! We love our location and the many places around us. The Mohegan Sun Casino is famous for their year-end celebration and I am glad you could experience it! We do hope to see you before December! It is our mission to make your stay memorable and I am glad we were able to provide that service. Please feel free to let us know if you need us for anything! Safe travels!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre? Share your experiences!