“YEEEEAAAAA!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
North Plainfield, New Jersey
“YEEEEAAAAA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

After a many years living/traveling in the south, I can say with confidence: These guys know what they are doing. They could rival some prominent southern BBQ joints. It was so good, I wanted to bottle the smell. :-)

This is the real deal, folks. Tender meats, smoked correct. Well seasoned & savory. Large portioned sides. Very reasonable prices.

If you don't find what you're looking for here, you really don't know what you're looking for. I've been let down by numerous places in the past, but this is certainly some of the best BBQ the NE has to offer. In addition to great food, the casual restaurant-style seating is clean & comfortable (as opposed to the common "take-out style" approach). The staff is courteous & attentive, though not intrusive.

If there was any downside, it's the bottled sauces. The meats need no additional flavoring (again, because they are done correctly), but the sauces were a bit average. I might bring up a batch of my own, on my next visit.

Check out their creative menu as well. Lots of great ideas, in addition to above-average BBQ.

Seriously, Get Here.
Absolutely made my night.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Larksville, PA
“Best REAL BBQ in the Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Got to say, this has got to be the best bbq going in the Wyoming valley. We love the sauces and we never have to wait long for a table. Service is excelent and freindly. We also love the way they are not afraid to try new recipies.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashley, Pennsylvania
“Not the best in town anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

So when the first opened we all went BBQ crazy and ordered all the time at work, they it spread and we all took our families to experience real BBQ in Wilkes Barre PA, not funny. Hubby who was just back from Alabama says "no way!" And here were the problems when we went in. No parking, so we circled, waited, and then walked. The portions were appalling. Sides were a tiny scoop equal to 2 tablespoons. $2- $3 each, and nothing southern or authentic about it. Nothing like grandmas, or anything else tasty, not worth leaving the house. The Brisket that I ordered was cold and when I wanted it heated the server disappeared, I had to take it to the window myself and ask. When the same plate was returned to me, it actually had less on it than when I handed it over to him. So the food is average at best, not a real downhome BBQ spot, prices too high for what they give, if food, service, or value can't bring you in, there's nothing left. And now that there's another BBQ joint in West Pittston, I have a feeling more smokers will be fired up!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Tasty BBQ in nepa.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Overall this was a nice find in downtown Wilkes Barre. Started off with some smoked wings which had a very good smoke flavor. Had them with buffalo sauce and that could have been a little hotter. I think it was cut with butter making it a mild sauce, but I guess if you don't want to overload the smoke with hotness anyway. Then we had a pulled pork sandwich on a roll, which this was decent. The pork also had a good smoke flavor and was very moist. Also had a pork BLT sandwich on grilled Italian bread. To us this bread didn't really work for the sandwich. The Maer's sauces were more of a liquid-type sauce rather than a thick sauce. This made the Italian bread get soggy real fast. The sandwich fell apart in no time. Had to finish eating with a fork. Had the fries as the side for both and they gave a very generous portion on both platters. Overall we enjoyed our lunch but they could probably make a few small improvements to put this place over the top.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lee, NJ
“Delish BBQ in PA!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Who knew amazing BBQ in PA? Yes! First off even though they don't have a liquor license they served us local pumpkin ale! I agree with most of the reviews here, the chips with dry rub were fantastic. The brisket was very fresh and tender. I had the homemade baked beans and Mac and cheese. The Mac and cheese was amazing. The sweet and hot sauces were just as good. A must go in Wilkes-Barre.

• Visited September 2013