“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 Wilkes Barre Township Boulevard, SR 309, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Sarasota, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Our yearly trek home from Florida must include a stop at this hotel, friendly service, excellent breakfast, good amenities. We enjoy a meal and a glass of wine in the very inviting bar and that's an excellent feature of this hotel. Who want's to get back in the car to find a restaurant after driving all day!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on our yearly trek north. Easy on/off I-81. Very clean, inexpensive hotel with one of the better breakfast buffets even had organic green tea! People at front desk were very friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed the hot chocolate chip cookies they offered on our return from dinner.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor which I don't normally book because I am afraid that I will be k...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We planned our "Snowbird" treck northbound with the idea that we would spend a night here. We had stayed over a year ago southbound and wanted enjoy the facilities again. We were not disappointed. Easy access from I-81.

A welcoming greeting and a fast and easy check-in, Good, clean, well appointed and equipped rooms at a reasonable price. The hotel has a small pool and exercise room as well as an on site pub.

Check it out you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stay often at Comfort Inn, but this one was not what we expect of that chain. First, the person at the reception was one of the most unpleasant I have ever met in the business. Although we do not smoke nor do we have a pet, we had to endure a lecture about people who say they do not have pets and they do and the pet urinates all over the furniture, then it was about smoking from people who say they do not smoke and they do and it went on and on...we did not leave because we were tired. The pub advertised was close. We heard noise from customers until 3 in the morning. Also, that chain advertises an accessible room, but the one we had was far away from that: the door of the bathroom opens the wrong way and is on a "spring", so it would be very difficult for an handicap person travelling alone to use it. The bathroom itself was OK, the shower was accessible, there was a bench provided, but the toilet was too low. Also, there was carpet in the room and very little space between the furniture. The breakfast was normal for that chain. Thankfully, we had to stay only one night.

Room Tip: Not recommended for an handicap person.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnandSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Chantal, I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience at our property. Its not like the front desk to lecture guests about pets and smoking. At check-in we inform guests that we are smoke free and pet free period. I'm very sorry you had this experience. I will speak to our guest representative and find out what in the conversation with you would cause such a lengthy response. As far as our handicapped rooms are concerned, there has never been a complaint regarding the positioning of the door. Our property had many types of accessible rooms including hot tub rooms that have ample space. I would like to discuss this situation with you further so if you can call me or email me so I can resolve this with you. I cannot locate your reservation in the system. I'm thinking that it might be under another name. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel within the last year. Thought I had reviewed it previously, but I guess not. First time I had no issues and likely would have given it a 4, but after this last stay I found it to be no more than average. My room this time was on the first floor at the end of the hall on the back side of the hotel. There was highway noise from I-81 all night, there was hallway noise from the door to the stairs to the upper floors opening and closing until the wee hours of the morning and the next morning the noise from the shower/toilet from the room upstairs which was so loud and extended that I thought my room was under the laundry room. Also found the bed to be uncomfortable and the room temperature difficult to regulate to a comfortable temperature. Good points: pleasant staff; small restaurant/pub on-site which was very welcome that night as I didn't have to go back out in the sub-zero windchill to get dinner. As I mentioned previously, I stayed here before and don't recall these issues. I believe I was on an upper floor at that time, also it was a late arrival on Sunday and early departure on Monday so maybe there was not enough time for the average side to show through.

Room Tip: upper floors, away from entry doors, away from back side that is along I-81
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ComfortInnandSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We really appreciate all your honest feedback, I'm happy to see that we left a good impression the first time that you decided to come back and stay with us again. We appreciate your business and all your kind words regarding our staff and our property. After reading your review I can understand your frustrations regarding the noise factor on the first floor. Generally, most people that stay in these rooms request them due to the proximity to the lobby and pool. I let people know that they are a bit noisier than a room on a higher floor. I'm very sorry that you had this experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know the positive as well as the negative points regarding your stay so we can continuously improve the quality of our services and provide an exceptional experience for our guests.
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was a very reasonable priced hotel. It came exclusively with an indoor heated pool that had color-changing lights on the bottom deep end part of the wall. There was a nice little exercise room. Also, there was a night bar room lounge if one wanted to relax and go have a drink. There was also a free ice machine for the use of guests as well. Bath rooms were conveniently located on the ground floor level as well. The rooms were very nice and spacious. They were very clean and well kept. The beds were very comfortable and there was an abundance of nice pillows. The all-you-can eat breakfast the next morning was fabulous as well. A great selection and variety which is included in your stay. I would definitely recommending anyone who is travelling and visiting the Wilkes-Barre Area to stay here. Had a great time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was the 2nd night of our 4 night journey from Eastern Canada to Florida. Planning well ahead, we took advantage of the 30% off promotion offered by Choice hotels which gave us a great room at a bargain price. We had previously stayed at the hotel next door but this one looked a little fresher and we decided then to give it a try next time. That was a smart choice.

The hotel is conveniently located, clean, comfortable with friendly staff and prompt service. The room was well appointed with all the usual perks and the hot breakfast was what we have come to expect from Comfort Inns. As I mentioned in a previous review of another Comfort Inn, the choices are much greater than found in my kitchen at home and the quality is just as good. The bonus, of course, being that there are no dishes to do.

The Perkins Family Restaurant on the other side of the parking lot is a boon to the road weary traveller and the discount was nice, as well.

In a word, this hotel is NICE!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!