“Good place to stop for the night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 Wilkes Barre Township Boulevard, SR 309, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Boston area
“Good place to stop for the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Comfort Inn Suites in Wilkes-Barre. it is a basic hotel but has just enough to make our stay nice. They provide a nice continental breakfast which helped keep the cost of our trip down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnandSuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. We strive to make all our guests happy. We are part of the Choice Hotel Franchise and must provide a breakfast that is approved by them. I have to say, that this is the nicest complimentary full breakfast buffet Choice has come up with. Thank you for taking notice and taking the time to write such a nice review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Babylon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife broke her kneecap at a local restaurant and I had to rush her to a hospital and then get her home for emergency surgery. When I went back to the hotel to cancel the rest of the reservationbefore our trip home I missed the cancel time by one hour and I was charged for the next night. I then told them to hold the room since I paid for it and I did not want them to make extra money off of my dilema. I contacted the manager and he said no refund and he stated the staff was very compassionate and caring. I would never stay in a Comfort Inn again since all they care about is the money .They have not been trained to care and show compassion or offer any kind of help! Terrible money hungry management !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Here at the Comfort Inn & Suites we pride ourself with treating our guests the way we would want to be treated. We sincerely hope your wife is doing well. We only held onto the room at your request. You asked us to hold it in case your wife wasn't able to make the journey home. We do not run our properties with money as our driving force. We are a family run property that puts our guests needs first.
Woodbridge, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Everything was wonderful for a one day stay. Room was smallish but clean and bathroom smelled great. Collette at breakfast was welcoming and didn't rush us. Right off the highway. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting some friends and stayed here this past Saturday night. I wasnt sure what to expect because its a very small area but it was very nice. The room was very clean and the staff was wonderful. They let us check in a little bit early which was nice. The pool area was nice as well. Not huge but a nice area to hang out in and take a swim. Saturday night as we were going out for the evening, they had freshly baked toll house cookies at the front desk we couldnt resist taking. Will stay there if we are in the area again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Green Brook, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My 18 year old Son and I stayed at this hotel saturday and sunday to be close to Ricketts Glen State Park. We were very satisfied with the service. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. We will stay here next time we visit the area.

Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

In planning our trip to PA, we researched all of the motels/hotels in the Wilkes Barre area. We were surprised at how expensive some them were. (We had an unhappy experience with the Days Inn there 2 years ago and did not want to repeat that.) Not wanting to spend a fortune, we booked 2 rooms at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights. When we arrived and saw that the Inn was right next to the highway, we were concerned about noise. However, our rooms were on the front side of the building and other than the occasional parking lot noise, it was quiet.

When we checked in, the front desk staff was very pleasant and even gave us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The bed linens smelled very clean and fresh. Internet access worked just fine. The shower was nice and hot. My only complaint about the room was the amount of light coming in at the top of the window curtain. Most people probably wouldn't be bothered by it, but I ended up putting towels at the top to block the light.

The breakfast was excellent, and the woman (Collete?) who kept everything stocked and clean did an outstanding job.

There is an indoor pool, which we did not use, which looked clean but the room it's in was very hot and humid. Apparently there is no AC in there and it felt like a sauna.

Overall, we would highly recommend the Comfort Inn and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front of the building. If you're on the back, stick to the lower floor...
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Using our GPS, I called a variety of nearby hotels one evening as my husband and I were driving east. This hotel had the best rate and was closest to the highway so we didn't waste time driving around. Toni, the front desk manager, was very friendly and offered a very competitive price. The room was clean and quiet, and we appreciated the decent WiFi and free breakfast. I have not stayed in Comfort Inns recently, if ever, preferring other brand name hotels, but this stay opened my mind to the whole chain. The price was significantly less that Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express, but the quality of the hotel was on par. Well done, Toni!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!