“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1067 Wilkes Barre Township Boulevard, SR 309, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
New York
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is my go to place every time I'm in the area. I have stayed here about fifteen times over the years. I have family in the surrounding towns. This hotel is well maintained and it shows. The rooms are clean neat. The staff is very pleasant. Also, it's pretty quiet for having I-80 right there. They have a pretty good complimentary breakfast and a lovely indoor pool. When I'm not visiting with relatives, I drive a mile to the right and it's literally a shopper's paradise. Any kind of restaurant or retail store imaginable is here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We arrived at this hotel during a winter storm driving from Ottawa, ON, Canada. After about 8 hours on the road in storm conditions from Binghamton, NY we needed a refuge. We had picked up a Room Saver booklet at the NY tourist center near Alexander Bay and found this hotel listed for about $70. We thought this was great value. On arrival shortly after 4:00PM we were warmly greated and promply checked in. We were informed of all of the hotel's amenities. It has a wonderful little "Pickles Pub" and is handy to numerous eateries within a couple of miles. We went to Smokey Bones. An extensive breakfast is included.

The room on the fouth floor was very clean and well appointed including a mini fridge and microwave.

In our opinion this hotel offered all that we needed under the circumstances and my wife and I would highly recommed it. Great value for money at this price.

Room Tip: We got a room on the west side away from I81.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gravette, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

First visit to this area and stayed at Choice Hotel's Comfort Inn. I usually get a good feel for a hotel by it's lobby, and I got a Real good feeling when we walked into the beautifully appointed and clean lobby. The clerks were friendly and efficient and we were quickly in our spacious, clean, and comfortable rooms. Beds were firm, my preference. Internet was easy to log on to using the provided code, and fast. Rates were reasonable, parking well lit and plentiful. Very convenient to highway, with a Perkins restaurant in the parking lot. Haven't checked out the breakfast bar yet but if it's not up to par I'll let you know.
As others have noted, this Comfort Inn actually has a little pub on premise which is nice if you don't want to venture out. I would recommend this hotel for whatever your traveling needs might be.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from interstate side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I don't think of Wilkes-Barre as a vacation spot, but for a stopover on the way to somewhere else, the Comfort Inn & Suites is a great choice. It's about a mile from the RT 81S exit, and a 1/4 mile to the on ramp when leaving.

This Comfort Inn is rather unique in that it has a pub on the premise that is open until 11pm, for those who want a drink after a long drive. It also serves pub grub and offers room service until 10pm. Hotel guests get 15% off. There is also a Perkins restaurant right next door where guests get a 10% discount.

Our room itself was clean and comfortable, although I do have a personal bias against the pillows at CS hotels. The breakfast was at the high end of what one expects from CS properties, with eggs, sausages and waffles, along with the usual fruit, bagels, cereal etc.

My only gripe, aside from the pillows, is that they offer the Wall St. Journal all week, but not on Saturday (we stayed on Friday night into Saturday.)

Since I assume they are owned by the same people, let me put a plug in for the Econo Lodge right next store. I normally avoid the EL properties, but this one is light years better than all the others. It's about $30 cheaper than the CS. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Doesn't make a difference.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our second time staying here and was our primary choice due to our previous experience. Check in/out was seamless. The Front Desk recognized that we were Choice Priviledges members. The room was top notch and the bed very comfortable. Although it is next to the Interstate, very little noise was heard. It was again pleasant to have a bar for a nightcap. The only downside was that the WiFi password changed daily but the staff was very forthcoming to provide it on request. Definitely recommend this location and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southport, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Separate trash cans for recycling in each room. I don't think I've seen that anywhere else. Nice breakfast. I bit frustrating getting on wifi,one must re-enter a pin every now and then. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Shrewsbury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Booked reservation on line based on the low price compared to other hotels in the area. I was just expecting a basic hotel to spend the night on my way through Wilkes Barre. Boy was I impressed when I checked in. The front desk clerks were pleasant and lobby was nicely decorated. My room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Had breakfast the next morning. Your basic hotel breakfast but for the convenience you can't beat it. Enjoyed the hotel so much stopped here again on my way home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business