“Ms Necy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 20 hotels in Wilkes-Barre
PENNSLYVANIA
“Ms Necy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've been at the Melody Motel for a week .The staff there is so kind and caring they made me feel at home.The rooms are very clean its cable and wifi ready close to stores. I have family coming to visit I will recommend The Melody Motel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I only have great things to say about this motel and staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The family that owns and operates the Melody go the extra mile and beyond to ensure a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am currently working in the area , needed a place that meets my budget . Owner very accomodating . Wifi accessible , Close to all local shopping centers . Close to all recreation area. Will recommend to others.

Room Tip: whether you ask over the phone .or ask in person you will find them receptive to request .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed with family overnight in there double bed room.
The room was clean and the owners are very caring.
We asked for extra blankets as it was cold and the staff provided us with an extra heater also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My visit to the Melody Motel came as a great surprise. The rooms have been recently renovated and are quite nice. The owners greet you upon arrival and are warm and charming. I was made to feel like family from the start. The linens are fresh and the rooms are clean. The staff is pleasant the grounds are nicely kept and landscaped.The location is very convenient to town but is far enough away to be quiet. No drugs, no parities and no "ladies". A hidden gem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My uncle called and asked me to come stay with him for a short time while he was sick. There was not enough room at his place so I decided to look for a Motel. I called the Melody and the price was right. When I arrived the owner, Mr. Singh, was like a friend of the past. I talked with him for over 30 minutes upon arrival so it immediately felt like home. The TV is big, small fridge and microwave. The internet works BEAUTIFUL and has a desk for the laptop. The room is very clean and comfortable. I have been here over a month now so that should be a review in itself. You can walk next store and get some good food cheap and they are friendly too. It is a short ride to other eateries and the mall. The mountains are nice here too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hughesville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I go to the casino every now and then and we get a room for the night. I made a reservation for the Melody inn on Kayak and requested a king size bed. When we finally found the place because our GPS couldn't figure out where it was and hte owners directions weren't any better, we were told we needed to go to their other motel down the road because "it was much much nicer".and they didn't have a kind size on site. So we went to the other motel and checked in to our "king size room". We walked in to what appeared to have been a converted maintenance building. There was a huge mirror mural of a vuluptuous woman in a bikini holding a beach ball taking up most of the wall. The carpet was dirty and very aged. I walked into the bathroom to find all pink tile with a similar paited mural on the shower door of ducks and a BIDET! We slept there for the night, we felt a little unsafe so we pushed the desk infront of the door, the bed was a king but horribly uncomfortable and we didn't shower because we figured we would feel dirtier in the end. Overall, it is a great motel story to tell because it was soo bad it was like something out of a movie!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
harnoor s, Manager at Melody Motel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We understand that you booked your room with kyack and room wasn,t avaiable and we send you our other motel room was nice and clean.

now we made lot off renovations in our first motel and looks nice and great rooms , ccomfortable, quiet, spaicous .

so soory about that inconvience for your stay and we would like if you keep coming back with us and stay with us .

all rooms got renovated and comes with all amnities . thanks management

Been to Melody Motel? Share your experiences!