“Slow service & mayonnaise covered sushi” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Forty Fort, Pennsylvania, United States
“Slow service & mayonnaise covered sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The service was extremely slow with barely anyone in the place. We had to ask the waitress to take our drink order then flag her down to get our checks. Every order of sushi is drowned in the "chef's special sauce" which is basically mayonnaise with spices in it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Shavertown, Pennsylvania
“mostly the waitress i suppose”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

A group of friends and I went to shogun today for their sushi Sunday special. We all ordered 3 rolls and ice teas. We were one of only four tables in the restaurant and yet waited 50 min for our food? I realize this isnt unheard of so we let it go. One of my friends ordered two of roll x because they are his favorite. He decided to try a new roll, well say roll y. Well, he ended up with two of y and only one of x. Problem was he didn't end up liking y and now had two... so I kindly mentioned it to the waitress.
After an additional 40min, the problem was resolved when the waitress brought out another roll x. She told us part of the delay was so she could verify what we told her- she did this by checking what we had circled when we ordered. So I guess she felt a need to tell us she didn't trust our friend? She told us that they keep these papers as records till we pay.
It didn't end there- my finance and I (again, ordered 3 rolls reach) had 7 rolls on our bill. The others handed their bills to the waitress and I sat there for a minute trying to figure this out. The waitress didn't like this and took the bill out of my hand. She just stared at me so I kindly asked if I might speak with the manager. Instead, she walked over and spoke with him. She kept gesturing to our table. She came over a few minutes later and said made a point of saying we were lucky they got rid of our order papers.
Will never be back. This experience legitimately ruined the rest of my day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, PA
“Solid food - very nice service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Unfortunately we arrived towards the end of the evening so im thinking the food was just on the average side, was good but not awesome like most hibachi places are. Temperature was luke warm. Service was really great considering the served us when they most likely wanted to close. I'd try it again but at a more normal time.

Visited March 2013
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Got Sashimi Deluxe, which included the fake crab. Who orders sashimi for fake crab? Also, the green tea was unpalatable. But the alad and miso sop were very good, and the rest of my sashimi was ok. Service was excellent.

Visited March 2013