“Clean, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Anywhere
“Clean, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night while passing through the area. It is conveniently located less than a mile off I-81 with several dining choices within the immediate area. The lobby is clean and inviting and the rooms are what you would come to expect for a Fairfield Inn, clean and comfortable. This property is also in close proximity to several universities and colleges in the area. My only complaint is the painfully slow internet connection. It was, at times, nearly impossible to get web pages to load in a timely fashion. Internet is definitely something they need to upgrade. All in all I would recommend this property when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the compliments & feedback. We are happy you chose us during your visit to Wilkes-Barre. Please be assured that the internet concerns you have raised have been addressed. We take pride in our hotel and appreciate the feedback to help us correct if needed. Thank you for staying with us.

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would have to agree with other reviews that the hotel is hard to find. May be if you had better signage somehow off of the main road that could help travelers? When I checked in Espy was very friendly and welcoming. She told me about the property and where breakfast was located in the am. I came back to the hotel later in the evening and I asked Espy about the area and whether or not it was safe to walk to TGIF's? She told me the area was safe, but that I could also walk along a path outside of the hotel and enter thru the other hotel's lobby and I would be right at the restaurant. She also helped me find a carwash place for the morning. I used to work in a large hotel at the front desk and you can tell that Espy really enjoys what she does! My hotel room was ok. I am a very attention to detail person and the room had some scratches and a hole in the wall. Thou these things did not affect the quality of my sleep(which was very good), they just bother me. The restroom was pretty clean. There was some hair near the large light on the ceiling(May be I see these things more because I am tall?), but the shower, sink, and toilet were clean. The older little lady at breakfast was too cute for words! She came out of the back area and said "Where is everyone headed today?" I said "Ohio". She said "Ohio! Well you better get yourself a hot breakfast!" The breakfast had enough of the items that I like to have for breakfast. Janice at check out was very friendly and told me several times to have a safe trip and thanks for staying with us! Overall it was a good stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. It is appreciated. A hotel is defined by many qualities, but especially the level of service that it provides to it's guests. Our success is measured by our guests satisfaction on our services and facilities. Thank you for notcing our efforts! Hope to see you again.
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great, but hidden, location off of PA 309 and I-81 in Wilkes-Barre. There are signs directing you to turn into a driveway, but in front are a TGI Friday's and Quality Inn. You have to turn into the lot and then, way in the back of the lot, is a sign that points you to the the Fairfield Inn.

The staff was warm and friendly, they answered questions and gave directions to nearby shopping. The breakfast was mostly good, but the scrambled eggs left much to be desired (my wife said that it didn't even taste like eggs). Other than that minor issue, we had no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for teh compliments & thank you for staying with us! It is our goal to make every guests stay with us enjoyable, which is why your feedback is so important. Thank you for being honest about the quality of your stay with us. I have noted your comments & we are working to improve upon specific areas.
Delray beach, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent the night at the Fairfield Inn, the gym was nice with televisions on the equipment, very clean. Modern design and clean rooms. They have free internet in the front lobby computers. A wonderful restaurant to try is Cork which is a couple of miles away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice comments & feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Hope to see you soon.
Lincoln, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel was very clean, the staff were very friendly. The breakfast could have had a better variety. For my husband and I it wasn't anything to write home about but it was being used by a lot of guests. Very close to Mohegan Sun Casino. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the honest feedback & compliments. We appreciate you staying with us. Hope to see you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our family has stayed at the Fairfield Inn several times when we visit family in Wilkes-Barre. The rooms are modern, the location is great, and the beds are very comfortable. However, we will not be returning after our last visit. My husband and I were traveling with two small children, and after being out of our room all day - we returned at 10 pm to find that housekeeping had not come and we did not have any clean towels. Additionally, 10 minutes upon checking out of the hotel, I realized I had left my iphone charger in the electrical outlet; I called the hotel to let them know that I would be returning to pick it up. On our way back to the hotel, I received a call from guest services stating that housekeeping had already been in the room and they did not find a charger. Guest services suggested to me that perhaps I had packed the charger in a bag. I informed them I had not, and suggested that perhaps they did not have very honest staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing us during your visit to Wilkes-Barre. I personally apologize for the issues you experienced. We always strive for excellence & we are disappointed we fell short of the positive experience you deserve every time. We appreciate your business & can only hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. I appreciate the honest feedback. Please call me directly to discuss your concerns & I hope to provide a satisfactory resolution. (570-208-4455 Mike Nafus, GM)
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

little details that make the difference. no cookies, hot water at the coffee station after supper no Kleenex in the room, and the pool is not warm enough. The room still very nice and very quiet but you have to take a suite to have a fridge . I prefer the couettes at the Hampton inn and Fairfield should invest in them rather than the 2 sheets over; difficult to get on 81 north

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Wilkes-Barre. We certainly want to satisfy all guests. I personally apologize if we fell short of any of your expectations, please call me personally to discuss these concerns (570-208-4455, Mike Nafus, GM). I have followed up with the departments you mentioned & have taken the opportunity to find better ways to serve our valued guests. I agree that the little things matter the most! Our property will have a fridge & microwave in all rooms by the end of this year. We are upgrading our standard size pillows to queen size pillow by the end of July 2013 as well as a new top sheet.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre/Scranton? Share your experiences!