“Good Economical Mid-Week Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Wilkes-Barre

You added Days Inn Wilkes-Barre to your Saves list
Days Inn Wilkes-Barre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   760 Kidder Street, I-81 Exit 170B, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good Economical Mid-Week Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I've stayed at this Days Inn several times over the past few years, I originally chose it because they allowed pets. I don't have a pet any more but the value is too good to pass up. And the hotel has improved over the years with new carpet in the halls and rooms as well as some refurbishing that eliminated the stale smell. I spent one 'just fine' night at the Days Inn Wilkes-Barre mid-week on June 13th. The mid-week price through the Days Inn site was great - under $50 with tax with my senior discount. The prices for the previous weekend were over $100. If my plans had not changed to allow me to travel mid-week, I probably would have stayed at another hotel with better reviews. My non-smoking room was very clean with a comfortable bed, new carpet, and a large bathroom. The small frige was a plus and the breakfast was OK - more fresh fruit and lower carb choices would be nice. The staff were helpful and the location is very convenient except for the lack of a large sign on the road.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Morristown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the days inn for one night. Got a good rate off of hotwire. Hotel is a bit ragged and aged, but its also much less expensive then other hotels in the area. Bed was good enough, bathroom was small but fine, room was fair size with desk and chair, had a fridge also. There is a Pizza hut and Friendly's on the same lot if you want to grab a bite to eat. They have a free breakfast but I didn't wake up in time for it. The decor is a bit dated, but again, you get what you pay for. They are pretty strict on the 11AM checkout also. Overall if you are looking for a cheap place to sleep that's not fancy but does the job, this place is fine...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
DayManager, Manager at Days Inn Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Days Inn Wilkes Barre. Our convenient location off I-81, close to the casino and our comfortable beds are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. We always appericate the feedback which will help us improve future stays. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Wilkes Barre..

Best Regards,
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

When trying to use the coupon from the hotel booklet from the Pennsylvania Info. Center, I was told they had met their alloted amount for the day. I did not believe for one second that on a Wednesday they had that many people use coupons, the parking lot was more than half empty. I feel I was lied to and the General Manager could have cared less! We were told that night (1:30 am) at check in we could NOT use the coupon. In the morning I questioned the General Manager and was told the same bold face lie. I have used these coupons many many many times in the past and have NEVER been refused before. I will never ever stay here again. I will find an American owned hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
DayManager, Manager at Days Inn Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your individual experience with us! On behalf of our team, please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay! As the coupon states that its only based on availability and only have certain rooms types we rent as a coupon rate. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
york pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I booked a non smoking room due to health reasons and when we arrived were given a room on the 3rd floor, although the 2nd floor was smoking. This hotel is NOT a non smoking hotel and the stench of cigarette smoke was very noticeable in our room. When we got off the elevator there was a strong musty odor like old cat urine. We entered the room and were hit with this old stale cigarette odor. We waited about an hour to see if the stench got any better and it didn't (also note the room is extremely old and dingey looking.. The mattress had a tag on it from 1989... It looks like something from the 60s..).. After realizing that that odor was not going away and my throat was starting to close up/eyes were watering etc we left.. I asked the lady at the front desk to change our room but she had nothing else to give us.. She was extremely pleasant and kind and did give us a full refund, even went so far as to call another local non smoking hotel. She was the best part of this place. If you have health issues related to cigarette smoke DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
DayManager, General Manager at Days Inn Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
We apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Feedback like yours help us improve customer experience and overall stay. We do have preventive measures in place to neutralize smoke odor on our floors.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed here last weekend. The room smelled of sweat--like an old gym locker. I was OK with it until my friend killed a bug on his pillow as we were getting dressed in the morning. I didn't notice them at the time but today (two days after check-out) my arms are covered in welts from bed bugs (at least 15-20). There must be some kind of delayed reaction since this is the only place we stayed on our overnight trip. I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN. EVER.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
DayManager, General Manager at Days Inn Wilkes-Barre, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
I am truly sorry you had a less than acceptable stay. We take comments like this very seriously. Upon reciept of the call, after you had already departed, we immediately took the room out of service. As per procedure we manually checked the rooms, then we brought in a third party inspector whose is certifed in bed bug inspection and fumigation to come and check the room. Fortunately we had no bed bugs in the room. I am sorry that your stay was not what you had expected. We take pride in our service and hope this stay is not a reflection on that of Days Inn hotels.
Fort Worth, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

My 84 yo Mom and I stayed here one night on our way through PA. We asked for a quiet room away from the lobby, elevator and such so we could get some good rest before driving to Niagara the next day. The Hotel was in a good location and seemed great to start off with. However, at 3 AM loud male voices and very loud banging began to flow through the wall behind our beds. It kept up until I finally called the desk and complained. If quieted down a little for a while but soon started up again. I called and complained again. The voices got lower but the banging continued. This went on for the rest of the morning. We never did get back to sleep. When we were checking out I complained to the desk clerk about all the noise and the fact that we got very little sleep. He said that a bunch of guys in the next room were lifting weights and drinking all night. That's it. No apology, no offer of a discount, nothing for our discomfort and loss of sleep. Don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We arrived in late afternoon and the service was great!  The deskclerks were always available with info about the area.  We were only minutes away from the main arteries around the city and to Scranton.  Crossing over the river to Kingston and the other small towns was easy.  We were there for five days and each morning we were able to walk to Friendly's for breakfast and the Mall was just across the street.  We will definitly stay there again when in the area!  Have to say there is a solid medium strip in the middle of the street and you have to go up and cross over to the left to get to the motel, but coming down the hill is really easy to access.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!