“Dissappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   880 Kidder St, Route 115 and 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 18 hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Augusta, West Virginia
“Dissappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed at many Quality Inn properties and this is by far my worst experience. The were gaps all around the door, drink spills on the desk, stains on the comforter, bathroom tub/shower was stained and dirty and the shower mat had a sour smell that was horrible. Ended up leaving the motel and staying elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Jason. I have read your review of your experience at the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre and I am "Dissappointed" as well. There are no valid reasons to give for the condition of the room that you were checked-into. The room you described is not up to our normal standards and I am very sorry that you had this experience. I assure you that this is not typical, as many previously written reviews of the hotel have been quite positive. I would like the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me the next time you will be in Wilkes-Barre and let me know if we may have the chance to make a better impression. Thank you for your review. Regards - Mark

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Petersburg PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Attended a Conference at the site. Our check-in was very fine and professional. Room was fine altho overall the establishment needed a little attention -- stair wells, rooms just needed a little attention. But AC worked well, refrig and microwave were supplied, several pillows and curtains arranged so room was dark. Breakfast was standard with some hot foods. Best part was a fantastic woman managing the breakfast room on Sunday morning -- dark-haired and I did not get her name. She also helped with the banquet before. This woman did a great job and was very professional. The little things she did were not overlooked by me. Conference room was very good and lots of good attention by the management. I would definitely recommend it for a small conference sit. The hotel was connected to a TGIFridays. Very good food and very good manager. Handy so we did not have to leave the premises which was at a very busy intersection. It was very hot outside so not having to get in a car and travel down the road was definitely appreciated. No elevators.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back. It requires a walk across the courtyard to get to the breakfast room and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello.....Thank you for writing your positive review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre!! It's great to read reviews where our Staff is recognized for their efforts. I will be sure to share your review with all members of the Team and we look forward to your return to the hotel. Please feel free to contact me personally to make your upcoming reservations! Thank you again - Mark
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Was looking for a comfortable, clean room for an overnite trip to visit the nearby casino and see a few sites the next day. Was looking to 'rent' a room for the nite, not pay the mortgage!
What I received was convenient, safe location, comfortable bed, clean, roomy-room. A nice breakfast with the biscuits and gravy etc, a nice change. Two waffle machines, and lots of seating. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Inn and grounds were tidy and well kept, and the TGIF connected added to the convenience. ie- 'I received good bang for the buck.' Had better luck picking this Quality Inn then we had a the casino!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello Tom! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your comments about your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Wilkes-Barre. I'm pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay while in town to visit the nearby casino. Though you may not have hit the jackpot there, I hope you will agree that the Hotel is a sure thing! If you did not take advantage of it during this stay, be sure to check out our Play and Stay Package, which includes overnight accomodations and a $50 voucher for use at the Mohegan Sun Casino. It's our most popular package by far! We welcome your return to the Hotel. Thank you again Tom! - Mark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went to Wilkes-Barrie for the state bowling tournament, from the 1st time I called until we arrive Robin her crew were very helpful, i needed so many rooms on Friday and got them, then about 5days before we were going out, i needed to change some rooms from Saturday to Friday, and Robin said I'll see what i can do cause the bowlers were coming in, I called back on a Wednesday and Robin got me the rooms. We arrived about 2hours early, thinking the rooms would not be ready for us, so we took a chance and walked into the lobby just to check and find out they were ready, to Robin and her crew a great job done to help us out, on the 15 rooms we got, on April 12th & 13th.

Thanks Ed & Donna

Room Tip: did not rate the spa and breakfast didnt use the spa and we go out to eat breakfast, even though the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Hello Ed and Donna - Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel, particularly regarding our Staff. Robin does an outstanding job with accommodating our groups, and our front desk and housekeeping staff work hard to handle large groups in an efficient manner. It feels great to have their efforts recognized!! We all look forward to seeing you upon your return to Wilkes-Barre. Thank you again - Mark
Belfast, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was looking forward to a hot shower, clean room and comfortable bed after a long day of travel. I did not find it here! I only give this hotel 3 stars because it was close to the express way, it was not noisy on our side of the hotel (It is connected to a TGIF and I was worried, as it was a Friday night, about the noise since many people were mingling outside and had been drinking) and breakfast was ok.

The hotel is very dated and in need of remodeling. I feared the bathroom as it looked dirty but it may have just been the aged decor. The shower did not work properly and the water was either scalding or cool. The water did not drain properly either. The linens were thread bare and only 2 were provided for our room which was for 4 guests. The sheets were not clean, which I did not notice until the morning as the room and decor was dark.

I will not stop here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre. I am sorry that you did not have a very good stay at the hotel. Please accept my apologies. I was at the hotel the entire time during your stay but I cannot recall hearing about your troubles. Though it is after the matter, I will be depositing additional points to your Choice Privileges account, as a way to offset the matters you experienced. If you would like to discuss anything, please contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again. - Mark
Hampton New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here on our return home from Florida. Easy access off I 81. The hotel is older and has outside access to the rooms. The room was large and had a large flat screen tv. There is a TGI Fridays attached to the hotel which was handy and they supplied an excellent hot breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre. I am pleased that you had a very stay at the hotel. Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to and from Florida. - Mark
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Recently stayed at the Quality Inn because I had an early morning flight. I had a strange feeling so I called to check that the shuttle would be available at 4:30 AM - they told me it would not be. I told them that I would be cancelling the reservation but then they quickly agreed to the shuttle taking me at 4:30 AM to the nearby small airport. When I checked in the night before, I was informed that a shuttle had been ordered for 4:30. After dinner at the attached TGI Fridays (a real plus) on the way back to the room, I was told that the manager would be driving the shuttle but at 5 because now they had other passengers going to the airport. I reminded them that the only reason I was at this hotel was because they agreed to a 4:30 shuttle. They told me that the 5 would be fine. I told them that I fly from this airport many times a year and know that most of their flights leave early because they connect and their manager does not make my flight plans.
Finally, I was told that they would pick me up at 4:30. Then, I was put in a room next to a guest that had been there awhile and was known to have "problems". So the police was at his door at midnight - obviously, staying at the hotel to get some sleep and be close to the airport turned into a ridiculous comedy of errors.
Moral of the story - nice hotel with questionable management skills -

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for submitting your review of the Quality Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre. I apologize about the scheduling matter related to our airport shuttle service. I will look into this matter. The normal shuttle times are from 8am to 11pm daily and we do our best to accomodate special requests. Thank you for staying with us; we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. - Mark

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!