I think the name of this establishment is a BIT misleading- it certainly is not my idea of a "resort"..but I suppose in the desolation of Wilkes-Barre,it might be looked upon as a semi-retreat from traffic lights and shopping centers. Decor is out of a 1980's-70's genre. Walls are about as thin as a polyester suit. Rooms are closet sized..therefore your closets are drawer-sized. "Hot" Tub was a "luke-warm" tub instead. "Complimentary" breakfast at on-site restaurant was uncomplimentary because we waited 20 mins to get seated...finally gave up and went to Dunkin Donuts.
On a POSITIVE note: ROOMS WERE SO CLEAN! Bed was comfortable. It was cool that there were clubs you could go to ON-SITE- in other words, not have to worry about driving anywhere. Desk staff was friendly and courteous. Bathrooms were IMMACULATE. If you wanted to, you could always feel included in people's conversations as they walked through the hall- sorry i had to be a bit sarcastic there.
Overall, this is a CLEAN place to stay with some possibily enjoyable amenities, but I think they should change their name,
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Wilkes Barre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Woodlands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.