The location is good. Near to the casino. There are many restaurants onsite. The rooms are nice, the bathrooms updated, and the beds are comfy. Our balcony was missing, so our sliding door to the outside was sealed shut.
If you need handicapped access, I would not recommend this hotel. There are no elevators, and it's set up like a bunch of split level houses next to one another, so you are guaranteed to have a set of stairs. If you are staying here and have trouble getting around, request a room where you can get in and out of the building without stairs - there may be some available. Also, there are some rooms with a walk-in shower and others with tubs, so if you need the walk-in shower, be sure to request that. (I know this because we had our grandmother with us on this trip).
There is no soundproofing in the hotel. My room very close to the banquet hall and there was an event that went well into the evening. We were close enough to the banquet hall that you could not only hear but feel the music. Also as the guests filed out to go back to their room, you could hear every word they said through the wall. There may be a better location for a room in the hotel, but we had family staying on the other end of the hotel and they could hear the snoring from the room next to them, so overall the sound proofing isn't good. I wouldn't stay here again because I like a quiet hotel. However, if you are there for a wedding or a bachelorette party, a good nights sleep might not be what you are after.
That said, when someone in our large block of rooms complained to the front desk about the sleep quality due to the noise, their room was refunded, so this hotel obviously cares about customer satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Woodlands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre