“Attention to detail” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great experience with staff and their kindness. Attention to every detail.
Attended an event dinner, where cocktail reception and dinner were excellent.
Enjoyed staying overnight as well...rooms were quite nice and very comfortable.
Looking forward to coming back again soon!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
RossKornfeld, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Rob M:

Thank you for writing your review. We're so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time during the banquet. Kindness and attention to detail is hopefully what separates us from other local hotels. We get many guests who find our staff to be quite friendly and accommodating. Thank you again for your kind words.

Ross Kornfeld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

What a great hotel nestled between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. Great location, close to the casino (with a free shuttle too, wow!), nice views from around the property, and lots to do on premises. Friendly staff, great food, and nice location, what more could one ask for?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
RossKornfeld, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Tim A:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Are you a golfer? if so, come back and book our golf package, rooms starting at $104.00 per person based on double occupancy, the package includes room, breakfast and golf w/cart. The SKYYVu deck bar is also open. We hope to see you soon.

Glens Falls, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed last Wednesday and Thursday. The hotel itself was very nice, as were the restaurants - however my complaint is with one of the staff members. There was some sort of rock concert going on Thursday night, my husband and I encountered a girl who yelled at us for being in a restricted area. We had no idea that there were any restricted areas and neither one of us (we're both in our late 50's) had any desire to meet Joan Jet. All I know is her name is Dawn, she's a short Italian - looking girl and she was extremely rude with a bad attitude. I had mentioned the incident to the desk at checkout but they didn't seem to take our complaint seriously. I think next time we'll try the new hotel right at the casino.

Dear Carol K:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. We will address your comments with our staff and specifically Dawn about the way you were treated.

We hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Woodlands Inn is a great place to get away and enjoy yourself. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I loved the ducks below the deck along the streamside. You cannot get bored with this place, happy hour seems like 24/7. The Food is excellent especially the breakfast buffet, my favorite part of the day. The huge jacuzzi was amazing place to meet people. Overall there is no need to leave and find things to do. The Woodlands provide all the entertainment you need, or they will drive you to the casino. I will be coming here again on my next school break in June!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear AmberS:

Thank you for writing your review with such positive comments. June would be a perfect time for you to come back and experience warmer weather activities. SKYYvu deck bar is now open, experience the best view of any deck bar in NEPA. Golf packages available as well, call us for details at 570-824-9831.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

What a cool eclectic place located on a beautiful stream and woods but right at the heart of everything. All. Kinds of cool features. Outdoor seating for food and drink with a deck hanging over the stream. Spa and sushi too! Wow!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Swampr:

Thank you for writing your review. Experience golf with special packages starting at $104.00 per person/per night. The package includes Main/Tower accommodations & taxes, one round of golf w/cart and more. If you're interested please contact our reservation department at 570-824-9831.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Upon arrival to the Woodland's Inn, the outside didn't look like much. Once inside, the lobby was beautiful and we were greeted with a smile at check-in. We had paid for the room using a Living Social deal. One receptionist didn't know how to do it, but the other quickly checked everything and informed us we would have to just pay the taxes, and we would be all settled. We needed help with our bags since we were on the main floor, with no elevator. It was just two short flights of stairs, though. When we did get assistance, to my surprise, it was a woman. I felt bad, because I thought they would have had a man to help, but they didn't. A little while after check-in, room service knocked on the door with champagne and cheese/crackers (part of the Living Social deal) and wine glasses. The room was very modern but my husband thought it could have been bigger. We used our $20 gift card from the LS deal to eat at the bar/ Cresenzo's eatery that night. The wings and nachos were good! We also had 90 cent drinks at the bar during happy hour! The hotel is very spacious with a Japanese restaurant onsite and a nightclub, but the club is only open on the weekends. We didn't care, we wanted to have a relaxing time...and we did! The hotel was very quiet. Time in the jacuzzi was very nice and the linens were comfortable. We had a very nice stay at the Woodlands Inn...we almost felt like it was our "little secret" because you wouldn't know that hotel had so much to offer.

Dear SassySada:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We have had many guests take advantage of the package on the living social website. Look for more in the future. Our hotel is part of the Choice Hotel family and with that affiliation you can earn valuable reward points when you stay with us. You can enroll online at choiceprivileges.com.

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed during the weekend of 4/11-4/13 with my boyfriend. We stayed in room 426 on the 8th floor non-smoking. We had an amazing time. We had dinner at the hibachi restaurant Friday night. It wasn't crowded then again we had dinner at 6:00 PM and it was raining. The food wasn't bad. On Saturday we did ask the front desk for a recommendation on trail hikes and ended up driving to Frances Slocum State Park. It was AMAZING!!! My boyfriend and I had fun and took a ton of pictures. We did breakfast at Crack Barrel which is less then 10 minutes drive from the hotel. Dinner that night was at a BBQ place in the same location where Crack Barrel is located. We ended up driving ourselves to the casino and my boyfriend played for a bit. Since I purchased my stay with living social I had a $20.00 gift certificate to use at the pizza place. We had breakfast there Sunday morning before driving back to NJ. Nice buffet and the lady made me a good omelet. They made sure we had wine with cheese and crackers Friday & Saturday at 4:00 PM. Miranda was so friendly and so was everyone else in the hotel. I will come back again during the summertime. Free parking and Wi-fi. My only compliant was the cleaning person did not empty out the crackers nor left over cheese on Saturday after cleaning our room. Like I said not a big deal. The rooms do not have mini fridges either but for a small $ you can have them put one in the room for you. I ended up using the ice bucket to keep my water cold. They also give you complimentary water which we used during the trail hike. I didn't use the pool nor jacuzzi as I had a cold but my BF did. He said it was okay. Overall I stay here again. Thanks again for everything you guys did.

Room Tip: Do not stay close to the night club as you will hear a lot of noise. The rooms in the new towers ar...