We are from Ontario and travel to the States about once a month if we can. We stayed here for 2 nights in early October on our yearly fall colour tour and loved it. We should've stayed an extra night instead of stopping along the way on our trip to Pennsylvannia. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was so cozy. We parked the car and never left again until we checked out to go home. There are 2 restaurants and both are very good. They are both at the back of the property overlooking a beautiful little stream and waterfalls. The weather was very warm when we were there so we got to sit out on the deck and just relax and watch the little waterfall.....Just heaven!!!! Breakfast was included and better than most places that we stay. Lots of fresh fruit and eggs to order. The hot tub was huge and beautiful and the pool was equally as nice and very warm. We always like to stay in places with a pool, but find alot of times they are too cool for our preference. The Woodland's pool was an excellent temperature for us and we swam everyday. It was a nice touch with the Keurig coffee makers in the room and in the lobby.
There were some nice trails out behind the resort to get some exercise and also an outdoor pool and huge fitness room. It was a very quaint resort and if you are travelling anywhere near Wilkes-Barre, we highly recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your The Woodlands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre