“Great view @ woodlands” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
“Great view @ woodlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would like to thank Ross so much for being so accommodating when we had to change our date. Our streamside room was just delightful as my friends and I enjoyed the view, the ducks & even a wedding party (their wedding album will be awesome!).
We also enjoyed using the shuttle to the casino & it was very prompt. Staff is very friendly!

Room Tip: Get a streamside view if you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out your online review with such positive feedback!

I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for the personal props, much appreciated.

570-824-9831

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

So It was my birthday weekend and I just wanted to get away, I'm from NYC and work at a investment firm, so life can get hectic - so for my birthday I just wanted to get out and be in the middle of no where. This place was it, it was my first time and the pictures of the hot tub sold me. I went with 3 other girlfriends of mine, and we had a blast! They had a lounge/club in the hotel - which was nice. The breakfast was INSANE, check out the waffle maker, and get "waffled" as my friends and I kept calling it. The outdoor bar was always nice since there was stream type thing, coming from manhattan - you cherish such things. The hotel/resort is very well maintained and managed, the owner was a amazingly nice guy. There's always a shuttle that takes you to a Casino and if you get that package you get a ten buck voucher - which really is 30 bucks at the casino (10 bucks for giving your email, 10 bucks for signing up, and 10 bucks from the resort) which i didn't know! Also the shuttle guy helped us get a local experience by taking us to a local bar Eddie's - definitely a cool nice week getaway, also very close! I recommend this for chill people.

Room Tip: You want the courtyard facing rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend. If there is anything that you need from me please don't hesitate to call, and by the way happy birthday!

We hope to see you soon.

Mitchell Kornfeld
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for business and did not really know what to expect based on the reviews & location but it was less than 5 minutes from my meeting so I gave it a shot. It was really a neat experience and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. My room was small and on the first floor but was clean and cozy and I thought the shower & bath were creatively designed to make the most of the compact space. When I produced my Choice Rewards card, I was offered a free upgrade to a streamside room but had already unpacked and settled in. The extensive breakfast buffet offered everything from eggs made to order to waffles with every type of topping imaginable. Both of the restaurants were also excellent. The hot tub temp was only 90 degrees so it was not usable and since it was off season the outdoor patio and bar were closed but really looked inviting. I'm actually thinking about going back during the season to be able to really enjoy everything they have to offer! It was definitely a unique place to stay and a nice change after staying in so many "standard" hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your online survey. It's nice to hear someone say they appreciate the uniqueness of our facility as opposed to the standard hotel offering.

Thank you so much for your business and your Choice Privilege membership, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Since we recently moved into the area I was not aware of the exact location or of the caliber of the accommodations of The Woodlands. After reading some of the reviews I went ahead and booked a "Streamside" room for our first stay at the Woodlands for our Anniversary and can honestly say was quite taken back by the location off of the highway. Somehow the name Woodlands and a busy highway just didn't fit together. That being said, we were very happy with everything about our stay...clean room, comfortable bed, hot water and a great view from our balcony. Everyone on the staff was helpful, professional and in a great mood! Excellent dinner at Shogun and a fun time with new friends. We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Streamside Room is the way to go!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your online review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Glad to see that you were surprised "in a good way" once you walked into the hotel.

Old Westbury, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were very disappointed with our viewless dark dreary tower room. The heater unit was very noisy and not working as it should. Heat came in a blast followed by a blast of cold air...a very noisy motor running all of it. I had to turn off the unit to get any sleep. Our morning shower didn't happen because the faucet was broken, and we couldn't turn it on.Breakfast was a plus except that we had to walk a long distance up & down stairs to get there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at The Woodlands Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the maintenance issues on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance supervisor so he can look into the problem and make sure it doesn't happen to the next guest.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Wilkes Barre.

BETHESDA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were looking for something a little different on the way back from visiting relatives. The Woodlands provided a nice alternative to a generic hotel. The location was surprising, relative to expectations. "Woodlands," but immediately adjacent to a highway? The design is a very clever use of the location. The design shuns the road and hugs the stream, providing a sense of a more remote location. The orientation to the stream makes for an unusual layout; this is not all rooms off a single hallway. We opted for a streamside room. The cold spring temps this year made infeasible what I wanted: sleep with the door to the balcony open, the sound of the stream filling the room. Maybe if we make the trip in the summer we can stop for that experience. Nice pool and giant spa: we were the only people in it on a Monday morning.

Room Tip: The "streamside" rooms cost more but provide the most different experience.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your online review.

Your thoughts about our hotel ring true in every aspect. You have to appreciate the quirkiness and uniquiness of our facility to really understand how we went about building and designing it around the surroundings.

Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Not sure why but I just like this place. Always get a streamside room - this is a must and worth the extra few bucks. You can lost here, at the property that is. Its not friendly to getting around but it may be part of the quirkiness that I like. The front desk staff is always very friendly and although busy, take time to answer questions and talk to you. Lots to do on property including bars, dance club and some pretty nice food choices. Convenient location and overall a place I do like to stay. The things that would turn others off is actually what I like (long choppy hallways, smell of chlorine from the pool, hustle and bustle of club goers till late at night, odd parking spots). I go for the service and the bed comfort.

Room Tip: Streamside rooms are a must. Although I don't know about the other regular rooms. Be prepared...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013

It's nice to hear that you love our quirkiness, that's what separates us from the average cookie cutter hotel. Thanks for appreciating.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 570-824-9831.

570-824-9831

Been to The Woodlands Inn? Share your experiences!