“A Great Experience in the Pocono's” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
New York
“A Great Experience in the Pocono's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent this recent weekend (thanksgiving weekend) with my wife in the Poconos. I was very hesitant to book this trip due to my unpleasant experience in the Poconos in the past and due to the fact that the Hotel at the Mohegan Sun Casino was not Open. (To further explain, about 2 years ago my wife and I booked a weekend at a resort in the Poconos, at one of those "heart shaped Jacuzzi" places. It was a huge mistake and from the minute i got there, could not wait to leave.) The Experience at the Woodlands Inn was the Complete OPPOSITE.

The woodlands inn and Spa is a GREAT place for many different reasons. It is conveniently immediately off of the Highway. Let me tell you a little bit about my experience. As I Mentioned, I had very low expectations and from the moment I got to the Woodlands on Thanksgiving night, the Staff was very welcoming and friendly. We were given a choice of room locations based on our needs and wants. (Ground level, steps up, near restaurants etc.)

The room was perfect. It was a perfect size standard room that was VERY clean and very well maintained. All high end bedding and bathroom linens and bath amenities. The rooms we requested was non smoking and you can tell that it was. There was a large flat screen HD Television with In Room movie options.

The Amenities at the hotel were also very surprising and excellent. There are 3 bars, 2 clubs, 2 or 3 restaurants and everything I tried was excellent. They have wood fired pizza that they serve till LATE. They have an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a 30,000 GALLON JACUZZI. It was absolutely a perfect place. The pool has bar service, all you have to do is call it in from the pool and they deliver right to you in the pool area or Jacuzzi.

My wife had spa treatments and was very pleased with the service and the quality of the place. They were very clean, professional and accommodating. Pricing at the spa is VERY resonable.

The Hotel is about a mile to the entrance of the Mohegan Sun Casino at Pocono Downs. In the spring and summer they have Live Horse Racing. The Hotel offers a FREE on DEMAND shuttle service that takes you to and from the Casino. The wait is less than 5 minutes. It is very well organized and a Great service. The Casino is small but very nice; there are many restaurants there as well. The Hotel was SO Convenient and modestly priced, that once the Hotel opens in the Casino, I will be STAYING at the Woodlands.

If my Positive Review is not enough to tell you how much I enjoyed Woodlands, think about this as a degree of appreciation for Woodlands… On the ride home from the woodlands my wife and I called our friends and decided to book a return weekend in January.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

570-824-9831

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just stayed at the Woodlands Inn for two nights for a wedding rehearsal and wedding. The accommodations were very nice. The rooms were clean and had indoor and outdoor access (to a shared balcony along the back side of the resort). We stayed in two different rooms and each were comparable with all of the others I visited.

The staff at the front desk was exceptionally helpful. After moving rooms for the second night I realized I'd left a few things in the first room. They didn't bat an eye to let me have another key to collect my things at my leisure. The gentleman who helped me at the front desk joked around with me for the rest of the weekend because of it.

While there, we did visit the pool and (gigantic) hot tub as well as use the fitness facility. While the fitness center was not large, it was well equipped with anything you would need during a weekend away. The staff here were also very helpful.

The food was good but not spectacular for the prices. A nice feature was that they gave us coupons for their various restaurants so when we ordered pizzas (at 1 am) we were able to save 10-15%. The best food I had was actually at a small place called Parson's Family Restaurant which is 1/2 a mile up the road (I ate there for breakfast both days - under $6 rather than eating the Woodlands' Buffet).

One of the best things about the place is the location. It is almost immediately off of Rt 81 (a main thoroughfare I used when traveling there from Harrisburg). I also noticed a few shuttles to the Casino for those who'd like that service.

Hope this is helpful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review regarding your recent stay. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Woodlands Inn in November 2012. We attended a wedding reception at the Woodlands Inn. The banquet room was very nice and was a great place for a wedding reception. After the reception, we stayed overnight at the Woodlands Inn because we are from out of town. The room was very clean and gave us plenty of room for a one night stay. The staff at the hotel was very welcoming and helpful. The only down falls I could find with the hotel was the pillows (very flat) and the lack of a complimentary breakfast in the morning. For the price of our room (about $150), I expect a breakfast be provided in the morning and it was not. The other problem with the pillows could easily be fixed by bringing your own pillow with you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is willing to pay a little more for a nice clean hotel/room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 570-824-9831.

Burlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently stayed at the Woodlands Inn for my daughter's 21st birthday. We purchased the casino stay and play package which included the free shuttle to the Mogehan Sun Casino (which ran on-demand, very nice as you do not have to wait for an allotted time). Do not judge this hotel by the outside-the inside is new and up to date. The room (2 double beds) was spacious, clean, and extremely comfortable. Service was excellent from the front desk to the restaurant staff. The included buffet breakfast was your average buffet. They were charging around $10 per person which is all it was really worth but since it was included with our package we decided to enjoy our coffee and breakfast there. We did have a room away from the nightclub area otherwise it may have been a bit noisy on a Saturday night. If you prefer quiet, make sure to ask to be placed away from that area.

The only small problem we ran into was later in the evening (around 1000) we were having a snack in the hotel's restaurant and my daughter's 20 year old friend wanted to join us. Since there is a night club on the premises they would not allow her friend to enter the restaurant. Only 21 and over were permitted. After then asking that our food be made to take back to our room did our waitress get the head security person and he allowed her friend to join us. I was told as the "mother" I was responsible to ensure that this friend did not drink alcohol. Although I agree that anyone entering the nightclub should prove their age, I do not agree that the restaurant should follow the same rules. Because of this, if i had younger children, this hotel would not be a good choice for me.

Overall, we had a great stay and would return in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete an on-line review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Our security team should have allowed your daughters friend into the restaurant area. The restaurant area is not designated to be 21 and older. I will make sure all staff members are on the same page.

Again, your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We bought the package which came with shuttle service to the Kirby center to see Brian Regan.
Shuttle was outstanding! Picked you up at 7:15 for an 8pm show and allowed us to call when the show was over and was there in 10 minutes. Only 3 miles from the hotel. When we returned we informed the driver that we had dinner reservations at Mohegan Sun and he took us right over, it's only 1mile from the hotel! Plus, the shuttle back to the hotel runs till 4am and comes right away when you call. Worth the price of the stay alone.
The room. We received 2 free drink tickets (top shelf is allowed!) and 2 free breakfast buffets ($22 value and was OK)
The room was nice and clean. Great bed and nice sheets. A little dated though and could use some renovation, but still very much acceptable for a stay. Our room was on the main floor but they have creek side rooms you can request also that had their own veranda.
There are a couple of bars, a club and 2 restaurants. If you go outside there is a small trail with a bridge that goes over the creek.
All in all a great stay with awesome shuttle service.

• Stayed November 2012
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Lehighton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Got a chance to get away for a night out. Always a pleasure at the Woodlands. Wonderful hot tub,huge and clean! The pool is a pleasure also. We ate lunch along the river and enjoyed every minute, peaceful, clean, friendly people and a nice selection on the menu. No beer on tap though, only bottles. Later in the night we went to the casino and didn't come back rich, but, still had a good time. The drivers who took us to the casino were courteous and we didn't have to wait but a few minutes. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, no loud abnoxious drunks in the hallways, life was good!

Room Tip: We stayed near the pool, if you don't mind the smell of chlorine in the hallways, you'll be...