“Hide away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Wilton, Maine
“Hide away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This resort has so many great qualities. Lets start with the terrific beds,so comfortable you don't want to get up.Has everything under one roof.Spa, exercise facilities ( large selection of equipment ,restaurants,breakfast available,beautiful view,nature walk.pool extremely large hot tub.Night club,live entertainment .Out side deck

Room Tip: Spend what you like..You get what you pay for.
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend, for three nights with our grandson who lives nearby. The hotel was nice and the surrounding area with the creek, the trails to hike, and the indoor pool and spa were perfect to spend enjoyable time with our grandson. We stayed in the older part of the hotel and the room was ok. We had three situations with the front desk on the weekend that was disappointing. First I went to purchase tickets to a park in Allentown on Saturday on the computer in the lobby, so I could print the tickets on their printer. It took almost an hour and going to the desk over six times to ask if they had printed, finally getting three of the four pages, I gave up. The person at the front desk replies were they could not understand, nor did they ever go see if I was doing something wrong.did-not seem to care. When we got back to the room on Saturday we noticed the message light was on the phone, when I followed the verbal directions from the phone, I heard the first message was over two weeks old, and it transfer me to the hotel operator/ front desk. I was told we had no messages. When we left the room the light in the phone was still on, as we had a message. As we were leaving the hotel, I mentioned the light and was told they would delete them and the light would be taken care of, it probably is still on. Last on Sunday morning I called at 8:00 A.M. To have the room cleaned while we went out, at 2:30P.M., I found a housekeeper in the next room and asked her to please clean our room as we went out again. Bottom line nice hotel, front desk needs help.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at The Woodlands Inn, an Ascend Collection hotel.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our customer service at our front desk on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our front office manager to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Wilkes Barre, PA.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

On our recent one-night stay over (for a quick gambling get-away at Mohegan Sun Casino), we were very happy about all this hotel had to offer. The grounds were very rustic as we were hoping for and the furnishings and art work throughout the hotel were definitely unique. The staff we encountered were extremely friendly, room was perfectly adequate. This place appeared to be more upscale (in a nice way) than we expected and was actually much bigger than it looks from the outside when you first pull in. We had dinner at the Creczeno's restaurant which was OK, but much more impressive was the breakfast buffet they put out in the morning. Really good food and many selections. Would definitely recommend this nice place and would stay there again if we are so inclined to be in the area again!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the place to be if your stranded in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania for a couple of days. It's family owned & the owners son is on site. He was very accomodating. They have an Italian restaurant & a Japanese restaurant on either side of a nice cocktail lounge that overlooks a beautiful creek. There is a huge deck with tiki bar & palm tree overlooking the creek as well. My wife wanted Japanese & I wanted Italian. The owner sat us down near the cocktail bar & had waitresses from both restuarants come out to take our separate orders. Food was wonderful. There are outdoor trails, sunning spots & party facilities in the woods near the creek as well. There is a natural grotto style "hot tub" that makes you think you're in the playboy mansion. It's the size of a small swimming pool. Very romantic place to bring your sweetheart. They have so many other amenities that we never even got to experience. The beds are covered with soft down filled comforters wrapped in a duvet. Wish we had a few more days there. If you like the nightlife, hospitality & nature, this is the only place to go.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to stay "creekside". Each room has a small balcony that overlooks the creek whi...
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stop here every year en route north. Woodlands never disappoints. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean, pools and spa area are fun. We eat at the Japanese restaurant for dinner; breakfast in the cafe. Prices are more than fair. Ambiance is pleasant. We look forward to this every year and 2013 won't be an exception. Thanks to all of the staff.

Room Tip: Depends on what you want to pay-- we like the ones on the inside with the patios where one can read...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I visited the Woodlands this past weekend as friends of ours were getting married there. I read wonderful reviews on tripadvisor for the Woodlands and was excited to check it out. The room was clean upon arrival, but it did have a bit of a stale smell. Our room was located on the main floor and had to walk through the hotel to attend the wedding, which was a bit of a hike. The wedding itself was lovely and I believe the facility did a great job for our friends. Unfortunately, there is a dance club in the hotel and having our room on the main floor, was hard to deal with, as the music was extremely loud and we had a lot of drunk, annoying people walking by our room, making a ton of noise. We decided to order a pizza from Crescenzo's room service around midnight and approximately 10 minutes after we received the pizza, I got a call from a very rude man, advising the front desk told him that we had already paid for our room and I would have to give him a credit card to pay for the pizza. My husband and I weren't checking out until Sunday morning so the front desk had my credit card on file. Isn't that what room service is for? You charge the delivery to the room? Well, after arguing repeatedly with me, I told him that he would have to deal with the front desk on this. I honestly didn't appreciate being screamed at for payment for a pizza, that is "room service". It wasn't like we ordered Pizza Hut. Crescenzo's is part of the hotel and considered room service. When we checked out, the charge was over $27.00 for a large pizza which is pretty ridiculous! I doubt my husband and I would make the trip to this facility again, but if we do, we will make sure we aren't on the main floor and definitely not order room service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at The Woodlands Inn, an Ascend Collection hotel.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our restaurant, specifically roomservice on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our food and beverage director to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We would like to thank everyone at the Woodlands Inn for their kind hospitality. We stayed there last week on our way home to Ontario. It was a very pleasant surprise to find this gem of a hotel and restaurant at such an excellent price. We got the Stay and Play Casino Package (an excellent value) and from the moment we arrived until we checked out, we were made to feel like valued guests. We'd like to send a special thank you to Amanda who was so very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Crescenzos restaurant had great staff and the pizza was delicious. We will definitely make a point to stay here when traveling that way in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Woodlands Inn? Share your experiences!