We stayed for a wedding that was on location. After recently bunking down at a Super 8, we were impressed at the quality and beauty of the Woodlands Inn. We had our dog with us, which, if you are bringing your dog, tell them in advance so they can book you a room accordingly. (An oversight on our part because I booked the room before we decided to bring the pooch. We shared a room and the couple we were with arrived a night before we did and didn't let the hotel know about the dog.) The beds were amazingly comfortable and the view was gorgeous. There was an issue with our dog barking on and off while we were out of the room attending the wedding reception. While we were upset to be interrupted during the reception and aggravated to be asked to immediately move to a different room, the concierge, Dennis, handled the problem beautifully. (We were interrupted during the first course of dinner and didn't get back to the reception until after the main course had been served.) We were relocated to a first floor room with access to the lovely grounds via sliding glass door. The room was closer to the reception, which was better for us anyway. While it was definitely an annoying problem, Dennis's high level of professionalism and customer service smoothed things over quite well. (I was very stressed about not being able to get the dog to stop barking anyway but I couldn't really control that!)
Be sure to check out the on-site restaurant and patio that overlooks the stream. There is a lovely bridge across the stream where we took pictures. You'd never know it was so beautiful from the road.
Overall, we were very pleased. Dennis did a fantastic job representing the hotel during a stressful ordeal. Truly good customer service is sparse these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Woodlands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre