My husband and I stayed at the Woodlands Inn June of this year. We drove from Canada and really enjoyed the drive with all the lovely scenery.
The check in was quick and very pleasant. The front desk staff were very professional and courteous.
Our room was gorgeous! Big, clean room with beautiful linens! Very nice decor with a lovely view of the creek and the little ducks below. You can sit on the balcony and just listen to the water tickling down the little falls. Very relaxing.
The hotel is very well equiped with a spa, gym, pool and hot tub, not to mention a couple of restaurants and a nightclub!
We ate breakfast every morning at the little breakfast restaurant and it was very nice. Was not a huge buffet, but had enough to please us. There were eggs, sausage, breads and pastries. Make your own waffle station, and a variety of juices, coffees and other things. You will not go hungry!
Couple of the days we also had lunch there. Pub style foods, also some nice lighter fare as well. The best chicken wings!
We wanted to try the oriental/steakhouse as well, but didn't get around to it. next time, as we plan on going back.
We went out for dinner one night and found that the hotel is located in a very convenient spot, close to many ammenities including shopping malls, restaurants and a lovely casino.
All in all , we had a lovely time. The hotel was welcoming, the staff were knowledgable and friendly, the atmosphere was great and we plan on going back in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Woodlands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre