“Horrid...don't know where to start!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitehall
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrid...don't know where to start!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I found (and caught) a living bed bug on my bed the last day I stayed, of course that is the worst thing. Otherwise...the staff were not that friendly (except the first male that helped me check in) I don't remember his name, he was of latin desent, he was great. Breakfast was horrible. My 1st room was pretty clean and nice. My 2nd room was pretty disgusting. Never once had maid service (although the maids were so loud very early in the morning). I could go on and on....I don't want to be cruel, I normally don't write reviews. There were cigarette burns on all blankets and comforters. Now I am a smoker (sorry) it seemed as though the smoking room area (2nd floor higher numbers) was completely ignored, unlike the non-smoking room area on the 1st floor that I stayed in my first night. Carpets were disgusting. To be fair I was refunded...I booked through priceline. Also the outside doors going in were rarely locked and/or fully closed. The only good things about this hotel is it is pet friendly, there was a fridge and microwave in the room, the location is fine...I am very familar with the area. There is a full bar in the hotel. I stayed for 4 nights over New years eve and day. That maybe a reason was the service was poor. I just hope the hotel is taking the bed bug situation seriously, and going through the proper precautions and cleaning and exterminating. Where there is one there has to be more...although there was no other signs of them as far as the maid and I could tell. No blood specks etc. I am sorry Ramada that I had to write this review...but I felt obligated to let people know.

Room Tip: Do not let them give you a smoking room IF you don't need one! Please check your beds, sheets, m...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RamadaAllentown, Director of Sales at Ramada Whitehall/Allentown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Please know that have the entire hotel treated regularly by a professional pest-control company. Regretfully, a previous hotel guests can unfortunately bring pests with them unknowingly as they travel. Rest assured, we retreated this room immediately and continue to be pest-free.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pottersville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well, I wish I could have said something positive about our stay at the Ramada, but we never made it. We relocated to hotels during Hurricane Sandy and had rooms booked for the Ramada once our current hotel couldn't extend. The hotel we were staying in, the Quality Inn (although not the best hotel, had the most wonderful people), reached out to the Ramada Inn on our behalf to see if they had rooms. Well they did and we were suppose to go over there the next day. However, our power was restored and we didn't need the rooms so we cancelled it. The ramada charged us anyway for 11 rooms. 1, 200 later and won't remove the charge :-( Great way to give back to the community Ramada. I will never stay at a Ramada inn again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RamadaAllentown, Director of Sales at Ramada Whitehall/Allentown, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I regret the situation that happened during Super Storm Sandy. Management had advised the school of the extreme demand for these rooms upon booking and that we would not be able to cancel once confirmed. Several hours had passed and an excessive number of potential guests without shelter for the night were turned away as rooms were held for the school as promised.
CARY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We travel with our yorkie puppy and need a pet-friendly hotel. Our experience had not been positive until this trip. It was the best one so far. The cleanliness rating was bc we stayed 3 nights and the bathroom floor was never cleaned. The free breakfast was fine and the staff was friendly. The construction on the main road and holiday traffic made entering/exiting a nightmare! We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaAllentown, Director of Sales at Ramada Whitehall/Allentown, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
We are thrilled that you and your yorkie enjoyed your stay. Our staff always enjoys our furry guests. With any luck, the construction will be wrapped up next time you stay with us. Thank you for chosing our hotel and for your feedback.
HARTFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been staying at Ramada in Whitehall PA for the past 4 months. I have never had a problem and my stay has been very comfortable. The one thing that stands out is their front desk customer service, they are extremely helpful, pleasant and will do whatever they can to resolve any issue. The rooms are clean and house cleaning does a very good job of restocking supplies. So from a person who has been staying there for some time this Ramada is a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

The staff and management are truly thrilled that you have enjoyed staying here for so many months. It is always a pleasure for our staff to see fimiliar faces in the hotel, and we hope you will always see us as your home away from home.

Been to Ramada Whitehall/Allentown? Share your experiences!