“Great hotel..but don't go there for the pool!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Great hotel..but don't go there for the pool!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Everything was nice about this hotel, except for the pool. We went for a quick overnight trip to ski and swim. The skiing was great at Jack Frost but the pool was a big disappointment. It was only 3 feet deep and it was maybe 8 ft. by 16 feet with a really narrow hot tub. This pool is fine for kids up to 5..but anyone older than that can't actually swim in it. Though the hotel was nice, we'll pick another place that has an actual swimming pool next time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when I recently stayed at this hotel. The staff was nice and friendly, the continental breakfast was hot and good (well besides the rubbery bacon), the hotel was new (and you could tell), and the best part; the room was great. The bed was very comfy and new, everything was super clean and in perfectly working condition, and the LCD TV was a nice addition too. You can't expect much from a lot from other similarly priced hotels around this area. Most are outdated and therefore their accommodations are as well. The pool and the hot tub didn't look like anything I'd be interested in since they were both only 3 feet deep, but I wasn't there for that. I was going snowboarding at Jack from and Big Boulder. Only about a 10 minute drive to both of them. Very convenient to those resorts. Definitely going to stay here again before the season is over.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

This hotel I thought was typical of most. Nothing really stood out, except the friendly staff. The breakfast was nice and decent enough for a free breakfast, but nothing extraordinary. Everything was laid out well and clean. I did like that the milk was in little containers in a fridge and not just laying out in ice or in a thermos.

We had a suite so it gave us a little extra room with the sitting area but the tv was in front of the beds. It made it difficult for me to watch tv when the kids were sleeping. I agree with the other reviews. The walls are very thin. The room next to us was watching tv till at least 4 in the morning. It was loud enough that I could hear when it was music or talking. It wasn't loud enough to wake me up, but because I woke up in the middle of the night, it made it hard to fall back to sleep.

The gap between the floor and door was not evident until I walked into the room. From the outside it appeared to be small but from inside it was almost 2 inches. We did hear some outside noise because of it- but then we are staying at a hotel where it is expected people walk in the halls. We tried to cover it with some towels.

The pool was heated and was clean.

I gave the hotel the top score for service because they did do everything they could to accomodate us. We checked in early and they did not give us a problem. I learned you can not get to anything without a car. I was dropped off with my younger child so my older child could go skiing with husband at Jack Frost. (Which is extremely close to this hotel.) We needed lunch and the ONE place that they told me delivered was closed! The desk clerk got someone to run to McDonald's across the highway for me so I wouldn't have to go with my child. They didn't think it was safe. I really appreciated that.

I would stay here again for short stays- as it didn't have a seperate bedroom. It was great for our trip to Jack Frost.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We needed to stay overnight in this sourthern Pocono area, and decided to try the Holiday Inn this time, because the other chain hotels in the vicinity have been somewhat disappointing over the past couple of years.

What an excellent decision that was to try this relatively newer location. It is right off the White Haven exit of I-80, near a Wawa and a few fast food eateries. The day time staff is extremely friendly, efficient and accommodating. Our room was immaculate with very pleasant decor, the beds very comfortable, including soft cotton sheets, a large flat screen tv , and working wireless internet service for our laptop. Our room, a regular room with 2 queen beds, is a bit smaller in footage than some of the chain hotels, but well appointed with furnishings for all our "stuff." A decent size, granite countered, bathroom as well. If you are staying with a family of a few and would like more space, I looked in one of the suite sized rooms. These have the 2 queen beds, and are a bit larger to allow for the small sitting area that includes a sofa and a little kitchenette/food prep space.

There are three floors, serviced by an elevator, with ice and vending machine conveniently on each floor. The fitness room and heated indoor pool and whirlpool, and small business center, with a computer for guest use to check email, are located on the first floor, as well as a spacious breakfast dining area off the lobby.

Complimentary buffet breakfast is quite good and continuously replenished: several types of breads & baked items, with assorted spreads, my favorite being the lightest bisucuits I have ever tasted; hard boiled eggs as well as thin, plain omelette; bacon properly cooked; yogurts; bananas; hot and cold cereals; hot and cold drinks. Hot drinks are available 24 hours a day from the self counter set up in this area.

Why didn't I check all five circles for the value category? After all, there is nothing more we could have asked for during our stay. It was excellent. The rates at this hotel are in line with all the others that are decent in the area, but prices have become high lately and that is difficult for all of us. It is my way of saying that all of the hotels have raised the prices too much. Travelers have to cut down on overnight trips because of this.

When we can budget another trip to this area though, we will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

This is probably the nicest HIE I've stayed in on my travels. The hotel is new, built within the last 2 years and it shows compared to most that are renovations of older hotels. The entire hotel is non-smoking which was a big plus to me. The rooms were clean and spacious, the furniture was in very good shape. The HVAC systems worked well with a single wall control. Location is convenient if you're traveling being right off the expressway. Free breakfast was ok, standard fare for these type of hotels. Front desk person was very nice. All in all, for a roadway hotel, it's hard to beat for the price.

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

The second night we stayed we had a medical emergency with my husband ending up in the hospital for five days and the rest of our vacation cancelled. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Joann Moffat went beyond making sure we had everything we needed. Mark Williams tried to find a room closer to the hospital with no luck. I'm so glad we stayed in White Haven because of the way the staff made every detail easy for us including Carol in the breakfast room making me a sandwich to take to the hospital so I wouldn't be caught without something to eat. That's service! Thank you to the entire staff! I would stay there and drive to Wilkes-Barre if I wanted to go to the casino. A staff like that is hard to find. Everything spotless and comfort first class! Thank you everyone!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ventnor City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We went looking for a public restroom off the highway, and it was late at night. The place was so clean and friendly that we decided to stay the night rather than drive another hour or so and hope to find another place so nice.

Nothing fancy here. I can't see staying here for days. But for a clean, comfortable place to sleep, this place can't be beat. VERY friendly staff, and even a free breakfast in the lobby. Again, nothing fancy, not fine dining, but it works! Eggs, bacon, breads, cereals and so on. Oh, and the other pleasant surprise was free in-room wi-fi, which is enabling me to write this review "live."

The very friendly front desk clerk quoted me the price for a room for the night, I said OK, and then when she gave me the form to sign she said she took $10 off. Nice touch. And did I mention how immaculately clean the entire property is? The rooms, the halls, the breakfast area ... spotless.

Again, just for a place to sleep for the night, I can't imagine a better place. BRAVO!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.