“exactly what i expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in White Haven
Astoria, New York
“exactly what i expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

my go to holiday inn was booked full so this one was the closest option to where i was, and it was 50$ cheaper. so a 15 min drive further, and i was there.
it was exactly what i expected from a holiday inn express. nice modern lobby, large rooms, comfy beds etc.
the best part of this place :) around 7pm a ton of guys mingle in the lobby eating dinner, chatting, watching the game. i had to give myself a reason to go to the parking lot to get some water from the car. it was that good

i would def return, if not to stalk some hotness then just to enjoy a nice place to relax.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed for one-night to have some alone time. The space was great and the room was extremely clean. Our room faced the interstate but the noise of the air conditioner kind of drowned out the noise of the highway. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and spacious.

We ordered food from a nearby restaurant to the room and it got there very quick (Ray's Tuscan Villa). The front desk was extremely helpful and let me check in 20 minutes early. The breakfast was great and this hotel is located right next to various skiing places. I will definitely consider staying there in the future!

Room Tip: Try staying on the room away from the highway
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the very nice comments on your stay with us! We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. I am happy your enjoyed the room and food from one of our local restaurants. We hope if your travels bring you back to the area you will some stay with us again.
Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We checked in during the memorial day weekend. Was apprehensive after reading reviews mentioning the noise from the highway beside the highway.To our bad luck we got room next to it. When i called front desk about getting a different I was refused ,I was taken aback when the front desk person lady said I could pick up ear plugs from the front desk. When i saw earplugs right on the bed stand I realized this must be common. However after turning on the AC the noise kind of died down. Apart from this I have only the nicest things to say about the hotel. The room,beds ,pillows and bath room were the cleanest I have seem. Everything around looked neat and clean in the property. The hot tub and pool were a bonus ,it definitely relaxed us while kids had a good time. Breakfast was excellent, they have a well laid breakfast including biscuits with gravy,sausage,cereals,bagels and much more.Kudos to the ladies who were working hard for putting it up.

Room Tip: Light sleepers make sure your room is not beside the highway!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the location of the hotel brings challenges of noise with it. We are seeking ways to resolve the issues and have added earplugs as an alternative to help the light sleepers. I am sorry your stay was during a time the hotel was sold out and not able to move your room.

I am glad all else was to your satisfaction and hope if your travels ever bring you to the area again you will contact us directly to block you a room away from the highway side of the building.
Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day conference. It worked out great, the rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was helpful and friendly. There isn't a ton of stuff to do around the hotel if you are looking for chain like restaurants etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Robin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! The staff and I pride ourselves on customer service and try to make every guests stay as enjoyable as possible. I am gald you enjoyed yours and hope you will visit us again when you travels bring you to the area.
Lower Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here one night while passing through the area. The hotel room was HUGE! Staff was friendly. There was a lot of construction workers staying at the hotel and hanging out in the lobby area at night watching tv. They all seemed friendly enough though.
One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy you liked our comfy beds! Please remember to stay with us again when your travels bring you to the poconos.
Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This little hotel in the Pocano mountains was convenient to get to and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable for a change. Breakfast was included for $94 aaa rate. The hotel could change its menu to have better protein and fruit but there were still a lot of choices. The hallway has a sweaty smell and could use an essential oil touch! The staff was ok. The business center is free and so is parking. The main town is 4 miles away and there are stores, restaurants and gas stations right next to hotel. No much activity in white haven, but saw a starbucks at hickery run the next exit.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying at this hotel needless to say I'm upset and writing this review. We have kids and this place compared to other places seemed convenient and affordable.
Upon arriving the service was okay, not very welcoming. We were quickly given keys to our room. The room is somewhat updated, the bathroom was actually the better part. There were cobwebs on the wall corners and stains on the tv and bed headboard. The thing that troubled
Me the most was the sheets were not changed from the previous use. There was hair all over the pillow tops and stains on the sheets.
I requested the sheets to be changed but was told house keeping leaves at 3pm and I will have to do it myself. Being tired from the trip I asked for fresh pillow tops and asked for the sheets to be replaced the next morning.
Before leaving for sightseeing I spoke to the housekeeping manager and mentioned everything I noticed that made the room very shabbily unkept. She assured me they will change the sheets before our arrival.
Ofcourse they were not and when I made a fuss at the reception they said there's nothing they can do for me since the housekeeping has left and no manager or hotel personal were present except for one person at the front desk.
I'm sitting sulking at the situation with again having to sleep on someone else's dirty sheets with no possible complimentary compensation.
If I want another room ill have to downgrade to a smaller room since there aren't any similar rooms available.
We paid $130 a night for the disgusting unhygienic room and phatetic service.

P.s the free breakfast SUCKS big time.
Never staying here ever again

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Aq1981,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the cleanliness of the room that did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property, which does include the rooms on property.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in White Haven
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.