You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Yonkers, New York
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We checked in during the memorial day weekend. Was apprehensive after reading reviews mentioning the noise from the highway beside the highway.To our bad luck we got room next to it. When i called front desk about getting a different I was refused ,I was taken aback when the front desk person lady said I could pick up ear plugs from the front desk. When i saw earplugs right on the bed stand I realized this must be common. However after turning on the AC the noise kind of died down. Apart from this I have only the nicest things to say about the hotel. The room,beds ,pillows and bath room were the cleanest I have seem. Everything around looked neat and clean in the property. The hot tub and pool were a bonus ,it definitely relaxed us while kids had a good time. Breakfast was excellent, they have a well laid breakfast including biscuits with gravy,sausage,cereals,bagels and much more.Kudos to the ladies who were working hard for putting it up.

Room Tip: Light sleepers make sure your room is not beside the highway!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the location of the hotel brings challenges of noise with it. We are seeking ways to resolve the issues and have added earplugs as an alternative to help the light sleepers. I am sorry your stay was during a time the hotel was sold out and not able to move your room.

I am glad all else was to your satisfaction and hope if your travels ever bring you to the area again you will contact us directly to block you a room away from the highway side of the building.

Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day conference. It worked out great, the rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was helpful and friendly. There isn't a ton of stuff to do around the hotel if you are looking for chain like restaurants etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! The staff and I pride ourselves on customer service and try to make every guests stay as enjoyable as possible. I am gald you enjoyed yours and hope you will visit us again when you travels bring you to the area.
Lower Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here one night while passing through the area. The hotel room was HUGE! Staff was friendly. There was a lot of construction workers staying at the hotel and hanging out in the lobby area at night watching tv. They all seemed friendly enough though.
One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Robin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy you liked our comfy beds! Please remember to stay with us again when your travels bring you to the poconos.
Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This little hotel in the Pocano mountains was convenient to get to and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable for a change. Breakfast was included for $94 aaa rate. The hotel could change its menu to have better protein and fruit but there were still a lot of choices. The hallway has a sweaty smell and could use an essential oil touch! The staff was ok. The business center is free and so is parking. The main town is 4 miles away and there are stores, restaurants and gas stations right next to hotel. No much activity in white haven, but saw a starbucks at hickery run the next exit.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are currently staying at this hotel needless to say I'm upset and writing this review. We have kids and this place compared to other places seemed convenient and affordable.
Upon arriving the service was okay, not very welcoming. We were quickly given keys to our room. The room is somewhat updated, the bathroom was actually the better part. There were cobwebs on the wall corners and stains on the tv and bed headboard. The thing that troubled
Me the most was the sheets were not changed from the previous use. There was hair all over the pillow tops and stains on the sheets.
I requested the sheets to be changed but was told house keeping leaves at 3pm and I will have to do it myself. Being tired from the trip I asked for fresh pillow tops and asked for the sheets to be replaced the next morning.
Before leaving for sightseeing I spoke to the housekeeping manager and mentioned everything I noticed that made the room very shabbily unkept. She assured me they will change the sheets before our arrival.
Ofcourse they were not and when I made a fuss at the reception they said there's nothing they can do for me since the housekeeping has left and no manager or hotel personal were present except for one person at the front desk.
I'm sitting sulking at the situation with again having to sleep on someone else's dirty sheets with no possible complimentary compensation.
If I want another room ill have to downgrade to a smaller room since there aren't any similar rooms available.
We paid $130 a night for the disgusting unhygienic room and phatetic service.

P.s the free breakfast SUCKS big time.
Never staying here ever again

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Aq1981
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Holiday Inn in White Haven, PA was nice, clean, had a nice breakfast, good staff, and good location.

The hotel is located right off RT 80 and the PA Turnpike, making it very convenient to get to. The only downside is some rooms are close to the highway and can be a bit noisy. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from Split Rock Resort which has an indoor waterpark and tons of activities. It is also very close to Jack Frost and Big Bolder ski areas. Its only a half hour away from Wilkes-Barre and the casino. And about a half hour from the outlet mall.

The hotel is very clean and modern. Our room was a nice size.

The breakfast was one of the best at a budget hotel. It included a machine that made tasty pancakes to order. Also included were eggs, biscuits and gravy, homemade cinnamon rolls, toast, juice, yogurt, cereal and coffee. Breakfast only went to 9:30 which is a bit early on the weekend, but the staff was kind and kept it open later. There were plenty of tables and everything was clean and neat. There was also plenty of food.

The hotel has a nice sized pool and hot tub. There is also a small gym with 3 machines.

Overall, a great place to stay to enjoy the Poconos.

Room Tip: Try to avoid being near highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Forked River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here Sat. night March 16, 2013. We had just finished up at Split Rock Resort water park and were originally planning on driving home that evening. However, due to the snow, we decided to try to get a hotel room in the area and drive home in the morning. We called Holiday Inn in White Haven and were given the same rate as the travel websites which was great. Most places raise the rate if you book over the phone or in person. We got there, checked in. The lady who worked the front desk that evening, (I dont know here name, she got off work at 11 pm that night she said) was excellent and very friendly. She helped us choose a restaurant that would be good for my family and I to eat that night. Our room was nice. Bathroom was nice. Water pressure was great in the shower. We left at 6:30 am the following morning, just in time for the free breakfast. We grabbed bagels and muffins and ceral to go. The chocolate chip muffin was soooo good!! We are priortiy club members so the front desk lady let my daughters each pick a snack out of a basket at check in. Overall,we would definately stay here again.!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Quality Inn Pocono Resort
#2 of 3 in Lake Harmony
3.5 of 5 stars 71 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
4.5 of 5 stars 471 reviews
BEST WESTERN Inn at Blakeslee-Pocono

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony