“Not cheap for the quality” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
“Not cheap for the quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are currently staying at this hotel needless to say I'm upset and writing this review. We have kids and this place compared to other places seemed convenient and affordable.
Upon arriving the service was okay, not very welcoming. We were quickly given keys to our room. The room is somewhat updated, the bathroom was actually the better part. There were cobwebs on the wall corners and stains on the tv and bed headboard. The thing that troubled
Me the most was the sheets were not changed from the previous use. There was hair all over the pillow tops and stains on the sheets.
I requested the sheets to be changed but was told house keeping leaves at 3pm and I will have to do it myself. Being tired from the trip I asked for fresh pillow tops and asked for the sheets to be replaced the next morning.
Before leaving for sightseeing I spoke to the housekeeping manager and mentioned everything I noticed that made the room very shabbily unkept. She assured me they will change the sheets before our arrival.
Ofcourse they were not and when I made a fuss at the reception they said there's nothing they can do for me since the housekeeping has left and no manager or hotel personal were present except for one person at the front desk.
I'm sitting sulking at the situation with again having to sleep on someone else's dirty sheets with no possible complimentary compensation.
If I want another room ill have to downgrade to a smaller room since there aren't any similar rooms available.
We paid $130 a night for the disgusting unhygienic room and phatetic service.

P.s the free breakfast SUCKS big time.
Never staying here ever again

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Aq1981,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the cleanliness of the room that did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property, which does include the rooms on property.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Holiday Inn in White Haven, PA was nice, clean, had a nice breakfast, good staff, and good location.

The hotel is located right off RT 80 and the PA Turnpike, making it very convenient to get to. The only downside is some rooms are close to the highway and can be a bit noisy. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from Split Rock Resort which has an indoor waterpark and tons of activities. It is also very close to Jack Frost and Big Bolder ski areas. Its only a half hour away from Wilkes-Barre and the casino. And about a half hour from the outlet mall.

The hotel is very clean and modern. Our room was a nice size.

The breakfast was one of the best at a budget hotel. It included a machine that made tasty pancakes to order. Also included were eggs, biscuits and gravy, homemade cinnamon rolls, toast, juice, yogurt, cereal and coffee. Breakfast only went to 9:30 which is a bit early on the weekend, but the staff was kind and kept it open later. There were plenty of tables and everything was clean and neat. There was also plenty of food.

The hotel has a nice sized pool and hot tub. There is also a small gym with 3 machines.

Overall, a great place to stay to enjoy the Poconos.

Room Tip: Try to avoid being near highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Forked River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here Sat. night March 16, 2013. We had just finished up at Split Rock Resort water park and were originally planning on driving home that evening. However, due to the snow, we decided to try to get a hotel room in the area and drive home in the morning. We called Holiday Inn in White Haven and were given the same rate as the travel websites which was great. Most places raise the rate if you book over the phone or in person. We got there, checked in. The lady who worked the front desk that evening, (I dont know here name, she got off work at 11 pm that night she said) was excellent and very friendly. She helped us choose a restaurant that would be good for my family and I to eat that night. Our room was nice. Bathroom was nice. Water pressure was great in the shower. We left at 6:30 am the following morning, just in time for the free breakfast. We grabbed bagels and muffins and ceral to go. The chocolate chip muffin was soooo good!! We are priortiy club members so the front desk lady let my daughters each pick a snack out of a basket at check in. Overall,we would definately stay here again.!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here during a skiing trip and loved it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only problem I had was some guests were a little rowdy in the pool and halls. Not only young teens, but adults with young children. Warning the pool area sees some heavy drinking. Other than that the rooms were nice and they have a great breakfast spread.

Room Tip: King suite is worth the extra money
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really enjoyed the stay. Easy and quick to get to, and real close to Jack Frost/Big Boulder (5 minutes). Rooms are spacious, clean, and well kept. Breakfast is decent with many options both hot and cold. One downer was that the pool and spa were pretty cold. My kids didn't have a problem with it, but tough for me to stay in too long. We only stayed one night, but would definitely return. Good vale and location overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This Holiday Inn is fairly new, clean, and a great place to stay for families vacationing in the area. My kids really appreciated the heated pool. It is about 10 miles away from Jack Frost skiing area. We choose the suite, so the kids would have a little more space to run around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Where do I start? My family and I just got home from a weekend getaway / snow tubing trip with the kids.
If you plan on staying there, read-on; First, the hotel has no physical address, that’s correct, a hotel with no physical address. Your GPS will never find it. If you call the hotel they will tell you to use the address from the nearest McDonalds. As the other reviewers mentioned about the noise they are absolutely correct. Not only did the noise come from the highway, but from other rude guests staying during the weekend of 1/25/13 – 1/27/13. I must say the hotel was spotless!! During our stay people had no control over their kids. Mind you my wife and I were traveling with our three kids, which range from ages 2-16. People would start slamming doors and kids’ running in the halls at around 6am, at 11pm it was still going on. I can’t speak from 11am – 6pm because we were not on-site. The front desk had the nerve to call me saying that the guest down stairs were complaining about the noise (banging) coming from my room. I explained to the front desk that my kids were sitting down having dinner and before that we were all laying down watching television. I further explained that the noise was coming from the track and field activities in the hallways. They said they would investigate. (What-ever)!
I never noticed any of the staff smiling. As a priority member I never expected this.
So! If you don’t mind doors banging every 2-3 min, stampeding in the hallways, and the fact that there is no hot water! That is correct, no hot water. We let the water run for about 30min. and it felt like it was getting colder. The front desk said that is normal being that it is well water it takes longer for it to heat up especially due to the fact that the rooms haven’t been used in a while (really)!
If you decide to stay there anyways, there is a decent restaurant Brooklyn Bridge Pizza; they deliver to the hotel with pretty good food and reasonable prices. I hope this review helps

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear joel g,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that you find our hotel clean. I appreciate your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret if your stay was negatively affected by the noise and hot water issue. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Quality Inn Pocono Resort
Quality Inn Pocono Resort
#1 of 3 in Lake Harmony
3.5 of 5 stars 61 reviews
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.