You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here during a skiing trip and loved it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only problem I had was some guests were a little rowdy in the pool and halls. Not only young teens, but adults with young children. Warning the pool area sees some heavy drinking. Other than that the rooms were nice and they have a great breakfast spread.

Room Tip: King suite is worth the extra money
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really enjoyed the stay. Easy and quick to get to, and real close to Jack Frost/Big Boulder (5 minutes). Rooms are spacious, clean, and well kept. Breakfast is decent with many options both hot and cold. One downer was that the pool and spa were pretty cold. My kids didn't have a problem with it, but tough for me to stay in too long. We only stayed one night, but would definitely return. Good vale and location overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This Holiday Inn is fairly new, clean, and a great place to stay for families vacationing in the area. My kids really appreciated the heated pool. It is about 10 miles away from Jack Frost skiing area. We choose the suite, so the kids would have a little more space to run around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Where do I start? My family and I just got home from a weekend getaway / snow tubing trip with the kids.
If you plan on staying there, read-on; First, the hotel has no physical address, that’s correct, a hotel with no physical address. Your GPS will never find it. If you call the hotel they will tell you to use the address from the nearest McDonalds. As the other reviewers mentioned about the noise they are absolutely correct. Not only did the noise come from the highway, but from other rude guests staying during the weekend of 1/25/13 – 1/27/13. I must say the hotel was spotless!! During our stay people had no control over their kids. Mind you my wife and I were traveling with our three kids, which range from ages 2-16. People would start slamming doors and kids’ running in the halls at around 6am, at 11pm it was still going on. I can’t speak from 11am – 6pm because we were not on-site. The front desk had the nerve to call me saying that the guest down stairs were complaining about the noise (banging) coming from my room. I explained to the front desk that my kids were sitting down having dinner and before that we were all laying down watching television. I further explained that the noise was coming from the track and field activities in the hallways. They said they would investigate. (What-ever)!
I never noticed any of the staff smiling. As a priority member I never expected this.
So! If you don’t mind doors banging every 2-3 min, stampeding in the hallways, and the fact that there is no hot water! That is correct, no hot water. We let the water run for about 30min. and it felt like it was getting colder. The front desk said that is normal being that it is well water it takes longer for it to heat up especially due to the fact that the rooms haven’t been used in a while (really)!
If you decide to stay there anyways, there is a decent restaurant Brooklyn Bridge Pizza; they deliver to the hotel with pretty good food and reasonable prices. I hope this review helps

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear joel g,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that you find our hotel clean. I appreciate your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret if your stay was negatively affected by the noise and hot water issue. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just arrived home from a trip to the Poconos where we had the opportunity to stay at this property for an overnight. It is located right off of the Pa Turnpike and I80. This makes it very convenient, but does mean that traffic noise may be a concern for you if you are a light sleeper. The hotel was clean and the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. The walls are very thin, however, and we had to complain to the front desk about noise since the hotel was full and several groups of people were laughing and carrying on well past 11PM. The staff clearly must have addressed our concerns, since the amount of noise lessened noticeably. However, it began again early the next morning at 7 AM. Breakfast was also a bit problematic due to overcrowding. I would suggest that if you need to stay in this area, try the Holiday Inn Express located an exit down 80W. We ended up there by accident prior to checking in at this hotel, and wish we could have stayed there since it was clearly less crowded and would likely have been quieter, yet just as new/clean and almost as conveniently located to the event we were attending.

Room Tip: If the hotel is busy, try for a third floor room as it may be quieter. Friends of our who stayed on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

New building, front desk gave me my priority benefits.
even number rooms face the highway, literately you can throw a rock and hit a truck on 478 from your window. So if you don't want traffic noise, stay in odd number room facing quieter parking lot.
Location, stay sleep leave, no town to talk of, but easy on off to I478, and I80 and US940. easy to get to both casinos nearby, outlet stores skiing.
The heat to the pool did not work, and breakfast was disappointing as the 'food' truck did not make a delivery. But that was new years eve, so maybe things back to normal. I did not down grade my review on this alone, but i have stayed at many HIE and this was not the best.
BUT expect the usual comfortable, mostly quite rooms, with all new furnishing and amenities. The HIE down the raod in Drum has no pool, but then again, winter and no heat = no pool. Call to see if this was repaired, otherwise, stay down the road .

Room Tip: odd, not even numbers,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Claremont, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My GPS could not find it and there were no directions on the hiexpress.com website. Once we finally got there, I asked them what exit they were on and they acknowledged that this was common problem. No reasonably priced restaurant options nearby: either fast food or $25+/plate. We couldn't get cold water in our room and they fixed it. The breakfast was ok. My family liked the pool. Even though our room was non-smoking, I could smell cigarette smoke in the hall. Like others have said, no treat bag of Priority Express members. Due to all the above, would only stay there if I was in a pinch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.