“Great place for a break on I-80” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
“Great place for a break on I-80”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I often travel on I-80 between New York and Chicago. If I leave New York after work, this hotel is in a perfect spot for a break and a good night's sleep. The hotel is in excellent condition, attractive and clean. Room was comfortable, bathroom was spotless. Very helpful staff. Breakfast was quite good; the dining area is spacious and well-lit. I'm sure I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before white water rafting. The location was perfect for the purpose. We stopped off at the Francis Walter Dam which is a beautiful sight and is right near the hotel. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was attractive and spotless. Breakfast was your typical free continental breakfast. If that's not your ideal, there's a McDonalds right next door .

But the noise!!! Oh my goodness! The hotel is right next to an entrance ramp to the PA turnpike, there was traffic noise all night long. Also, any time someone closed their door on our hallway, it sounded like the room next door had slammed their door. Lastly, at around 8:15 pm there was some bizarre combination of loud voices and a shaking/slamming feeling that kept going. We were on the top floor so who knows what it was, but it was quite unnerving.

I guess I would stay there again if I went rafting because there's not much else out there and it's so clean, but I'd be prepared for a loud night.

• Stayed September 2012
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

First and foremost - Call for directions. The hotel does not have a street address to put in a GPS. The front desk told use to use the McDonald's next door as the address, which worked.

When I went for a swim at around 6:15am on Sunday, the pool was not open yet, but I went back to the front desk and she promptly unlocked it for me. The room was clean and pretty spacious for a H.I.E. and offers free, pretty strong WiFi.

As another reviewer stated, there is nothing particularly fascinating about the area the hotel is in other than its proximity to the highway. The front desk staff were friendly and all in all, the stay was average for a Holiday Inn.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here while touring colleges in the area, as it was a good mid-way point. It's a newer hotel, and while it's not in a particularly interesting location, it was minutes off the highway and easy to get to places from there. It is brand new and clean and the staff is super friendly - I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The third floor is good as it is quiet, but if you had little kids and wanted to be near the pool, t...
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We came in late on a rainy night with no reservation - we got a room and a free upgrade and the receptionist was extremely helpful. Then we were late for breakfast but the dining room attendee was more than helpful giving us full service and some friendly advice eventhough the dining room was supposed to be closed already. That's going the extra mile!
The hotel is located very close to the beatiful Poconos, just a few miles from the amazing Hickory Run State Park (highly recommended!).
It's a Holiday Inn so don't expect anything fancy however the room was in great shape and the level of comfort was very good.

Middle Village, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding 5/11/12 - 5/12/12.

The one thing that annoyed me was that I was unable to put the address into my GPS - because there isn't one!! That being said, once you get off the exit from I-80 - you can clearly see the hotel on the right. Not sure why there is no physical address though. (Mail man must love that) So even after my initial "freak out" about that - all was well. Just get off the exit if going west on I-80 - and turn right.

The hotel was clean. Staff friendly. I was very impressed. I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn before. The first thing I did was check the bed. You hear so many issues of bed bugs - so now that is a habit in ANY hotel. (Does not matter if the hotel has good or bad reviews, b/c initially, it is the guests that cause this issue, by bringing them to the hotel. I am happy to report - there not only were none, but there were mattress covers as well. Bed was extremely comfortable. There were firm and soft pillow types to choose from. Room was clean and more than adequate. Free Wi-fi. We had a family with multiple rooms - and they did a good job of keeping us all together. I did not notice highway noise, like some mention at hotels that are close like this to a major highway, but that would depend on your tolerance. (Same with "thin" walls). Bathroom was big, and spotless. Little shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion in shower/next to sink. Pool was good. Same set up I have seen in many other hotels like this with an indoor pool. They always smell like there is too much chlorine for such a little space. I had to leave after about 30 minutes. But the people I was with had no complaints. If I went in the pool, I am sure it would not have bothered me as much. Workout room next to pool with a treadmill and elliptical I believe. The Continental breakfast was awesome. So many choices... I wanted it all! You will not be disappointed in it. Eggs, fresh pancakes (you literally make them...sounds odd, but the machine is cool), cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, sausage, bacon, juices, coffee, tea... I feel like I still missed something. :)

Overall, I gave this an excellent rating, b/c other than my own preference of too much chlorine - everything was great! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a nice relatively new hotel and has very clean rooms. No problems at all with the stay.. Conveniently located close to split rock water park where we spent the two days.. My only comment is that our room was close to the highway so if you are averse to noise you may want to ask for a room that is not facing the highway.. Free Breakfast was good and hotel price was reasonable. We were satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Chose rooms that are not facing the highway
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.