“Great Dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
“Great Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had been hiking at Moraine State park and developed quite an appetite and were anxious to find a convenient restaurant. We were happy that we found Bella Frutteto. The restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere with natural light to make it seem even more pleasant on a beautiful fall day. The menu was extensive, and the meals came with delicious hot bread and dipping sauce. Our waitress was wonderful, and we ordered the two meals which she said were her favorites. The seafood bake was amazing with the delicious sauce and huge well-prepared scallops and a great amount of crab meat. Since the portions were generous, we felt bad that we didn't leave room for dessert because we heard they even have a pastry chef. After the great meals we had, we look forward to going back just to see how good the desserts might be.

• Visited October 2013

“Awful Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

For the first time I was extremely disappointed in the service that I received, so much so I had to give the restaurant a poor review, it would have been terrible if the food hadn't been so good. I came in with a large group, probably 15 of us. We had called ahead for reservations and made them aware that we all hadn't seen each other for awhile so it was a special occasion. When we first got there the girl who sat us was very friendly and polite, but from there it all went downhill. First we were put in a back room, which was fine since we did get a bit loud, however we were sat at 2 tables pretty far away from each other. We were the only ones in this room so we asked and then pushed the tables togther so that we could all sit at one table, if looks could kill we probably would have died the waitress was evil. She never gave us her name but she was an older woman, probably in her late 30s/early 40s. I was appalled that for a group as large as ours was that we only had one server. She took forever to take our orders (45mins), half of the table took until we received our lunch to get our drinks and then she never once came back for refills. Never were we asked if we needed anything or how our meals were. I was extremely embarassed since I spoke so highly of Bella to my family.

I will give this restaurant another chance because the food is delicious but I will make sure that I have one of the younger girls as a waitress, but I promise Bella Frutteto is only getting one other chance, there are plenty of other restaurants who would appreciate the business that we gave them (at least $300).

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a friend for the first time last week. The front was very pretty, but we were put in this back room with no windows. It was pretty and clean, but a little too private- maybe if it was a date night with my husband I would have appreciated it more. I ordered the chicken parm Panini. It had NO flavor other than breading (if that's a flavor). It was bland. My friend ordered some kind of cranberry/chicken wrap and she did not like it AT ALL. She said it had no flavor. The side salad was so extremely small- get the chips. Now THEY were great. If I was to ever go back I would just get a plate of THOSE. They were really good. The server was here one minute then gone for the next 20 minutes. She wasn't bad, just never around. It took forever for her to take our order. ALL in ALL it was not the worst place I have ever been. Just overpriced, average (sometimes tasteless) food with slow service. AND make sure they stick you in the front!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wow I'm shocked by the amazing reviews on here... Maybe at one time this place was good but judging by the Ravioli's I had for lunch... I'd say that they've gone downhill. I thought it was a rinky dink Italian restaurant that didn't serve PIZZA.....?? What kind of Italian Restaurant doesn't serve pizza? Once I got over this shock on the menu I decided to order the Mushroom Raviolis. I've actually eaten raviolis in Italy and I have to say that if a native Italian tried what was on my plate today they would have been insulted. The raviolis tasted frozen (they definitely weren't made fresh) and they were smothered with this nasty sauce that was flavored with canned mushrooms. I love raviolis and I feel as if the natural flavor of the filling should be enough that you don't need to drown it out. I felt that this was all a pretty poor excuse for Italian food. I was considering getting a panini but when I saw what the table next to me was eating I decided against it. They were these ginormous chunks of white bread that didn't even looked pressed... like they toasted the bread and made a sandwhich. I do have to give them credit for the bread and oil they gave us on the table. That was probably the most edible part of the meal. My advice: if you want great Italian food.. try Piccolo Forno in Lawrenceville. It is MUCH MUCH fresher and way more affordable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

First time to this restaurant. Not so appealing from the outside. But DO NO JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER !! Great service from entry to exit. So many different dishes and also dishes for people who do not like to go outside of their comfort zone. Great Prices. Great Food. Fabulous Service. Cannot wait to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere