“Great food, but lousy server!” 4 of 5 stars

412-469-1119
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in West Mifflin
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food, but lousy server!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had a business lunch here today...fish sandwich was great but the person that waited on us was miserable...middle aged blonde lady (Linda, according to my receipt)...took our order, acted like she was doing us a favor..had to wait to get a refill on the drinks too long, brought us the bill and just dropped it off...no "thanks for coming"...the person I was with has eaten here before, and she said this lady is always miserable..so a note to the owner: your service is hurting your business...does not matter how great the food is, if the service stinks, then people will not be back..just thought you should know..I still gave you a "very good" because the food was so good

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glenville, New York
“Scary looking outside, but great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Business dinner with co-workers...very skeptical due to appearance on the outside (looks like an old bowling alley. Much to my surprise, the staff was great, and the food was amazing. I had the Parmesan Crusted Chicken..and it was awesome. Others had Stuffed Cod / Seafood Pasta Primaveara - all great. Had dessert - don't recall exact thing, but was like a choc lava cake...also very good.
Awesome place - airplane decor inside. Just lacks on outside appearance (so I'm sure many people pass it by). Better for me...less wait time for a table...LOL

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worst ever!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We made reservations for a group of 16, arrived on time and were seated promptly. Things went downhill from here. Drink order was a nightmare-- waitress couldn't even get that right, they couldn't do pitchers of beer, were out of Coors Light. We had to go get our own menus. She took our dinner orders and food still wasn't all out 2 hrs later-- if you got your entree, you might not get your side, no sour cream after 4 requests, no drink refills, no bread rolls on the table (other tables got it). As we started to get a little angry, the waitress actually yelled at us, telling us we were rude and that she had a long night ahead, even had to mop the floor before she left?! The bill had to be only one for all 16 of us, no separate checks. After most had left, my husband & I stopped to try to talk to the manager who was also cooking & bartending. He made every excuse possible (staff call-offs, too much to do) and never even apologized for lousy staff & service. We asked why he took a reservation for a large group if he couldn't handle us-- never got a straight answer. We will NEVER go back! Poor management, poor staff, mediocre food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Bread sticks almost made me cry!!! Very friendly service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stopped in today for lunch, traveling with my husband on business, so I was getting very tired of typical chain food - VERY tired. My husband said he knew just the place, having eaten here before, he knew I was in the mood for good, Mom and Pop food. WOW! This place was a real gem!!! Aviation themed restaurant, fitting next to Alleghany Airport. Service was friendly, she immediately explained that they were busy, which I appreciated, and she was working her tail off. My 13 year old ordered shrimp cocktail, husband had tomato basil soup with feta and a grilled cheese, and I ordered French onion soup, salad and breadsticks. Everything was perfectly portion, and excellent!! The waitress was very attentive, even when she realized she served my husband the wrong soup (Maryland crab) which she left for my son to devour (again, apprecited) To her defense, they do look very similar! But the real treat was the breadsticks that came with my soup - holy cow, they tasted Ike donuts!!! Covered in fresh grated Parmesan cheese, these suckers were deep fried!!! The owners wife came over during the meal and was very charming, even offering a great to our son if he finished his meal!! She didn't disappoint - came by as we were leaving with some treats and a toy! He loved it!! They have a very nice bar area and would eat here once a week if I lived nearby!!!! I feel sorry for those folks who choose places like Applebee's compared to this!!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Still the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went to Skyvue Friday night and there was a great band there!. Had my usual almond encrusted flounder and as usual it was delicious. They had a squash mixture that you see everywhere, BUT it's not like anywhere else because they cut up all the fresh vegetables and season them perfectly. They are almost like an entirely different dish from your average side at other restaurants.
Ended up there Saturday afternoon too! Attended the small exhibit at the county airport my Wonderful in-laws(No kidding, I won the in-law jackpot). so we were right across the street. I had a luncheon blackened swordfish sandwich with fries and coleslaw on it. It was out of this world.
How can anyplace have such consistently delicious meals and such great staff too?

PS. It's so nice to be able to write a whole review instead of worrying about the 'tip of the iceberg.'

• Visited June 2013