“OK...but staff is not very friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Bath, Pennsylvania
“OK...but staff is not very friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Got to the place about 9pm and no person at front desk...after 10 minutes of shouting we called the emergency number on the desk phone...we get an answer and a tall guy holding his mobile phone steps out of the back room and curtly asks us 'You checking in?'...We replied 'yes' LOL. We found the room clean but hate the fact that it is not cleaned daily and hated the microscopic shampoo we got for our two day stay...had to use soap on day two!!!! Otherwise it was good.

PS as were leaving during the day the woman behind the desk was MUCH nicer! That was great and gets the rating up a star! I guess it is true that you get what you pay for. All that said I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...I would just grit my teeth on the way in. LOL

Thinking about this place...only minor tweaks would make this place pretty good. Make you feel welcome and give people shampoo!

Room Tip: Get a room on side away from traffic.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just like being home ! This hotel has everything even the family. The staff makes you feel at home and anything you need they will assist ! I mentioned we were going to try to take in a movie and when we came down there was a list of local theaters and movies times waiting for us. Everyday there is coffee, tea and cocoa along with muffins, breakfast bars and apples for you to enjoy. I feel like we have extended our family with the staff who is the best of the best !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the grab-and-go breakfast during your stay with us. It was our pleasure having you and so nice to know that the staff made you feel like family! We hope to see you again!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I needed a one-night stay for an interview in Pittsburgh in 11/2013. Got a good deal through Priceline. It had all I could need - it was clean, bed was comfortable, the kitchenette and bathroom were well-equipped, the receptionists were helpful and friendly, and I grabbed a very adequate breakfast on my way out (literally!). I couldn't have asked for more; as a matter of fact, for the price, it was amazing. It's about 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. I would recommend for short and, of course, "extended stay".

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
encino ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly staff. Only drawback is the divided highway it's located on, must exit one way and make a U-turn if you want to go the other way. This was the better of my 2 Extended Stay experiences to date.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Kim - I am glad to hear that your stay at our hotel was a pleasant one. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and how comfortable your room was. I am so glad that we provided you with a great experience and hope we can do so again in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and i got flooded out of our apartment and we had to go to a hotel! Christina, Lynette, Ang, Amber, Amanda, and Kameh are the best staff in the hotel industry! They went out of their way so many times over for me. I stayed from July 30th till Sept 30 2013 and had we could not ask for better hospitality!! Anything that was wrong and they took care of it right away although i didnt have anything wrong i saw this with other people staying there. They would do whatever it took to make things right! The only complaint i had was the cable, they dont offer that many channels and alot of ESPN, but that is not the staffs problem that is the company in an over all. THANK YOU! for the wonderful treatment that we got! I will be sure to recomend this place to anyone and everyone i know. We will never forget any of you!! You were very special to us in a very hard time of our lives you became our second family!! THEY ALL DESERVE A RAISE!

Room Tip: Pick this place if you want to feel at home!! They made leaving hard because they are so kind and ca...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Renee - Thank you so very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! It was our pleasure to have you both, even though your stay was unexpected! We strive to provide our guest with a great experience during their stay and I am pleases to hear that Christina, Lynette, Ang, Amber, Amanda, and Kameh provided that for you during your stay.

I think that I could speak for the entire staff, by saying, we were sad to see you go! However, I am sure that you are both happy to be back home! Hope to see you in the future under different circumstances! Take Care!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Once again, a sad event brought us to the South Hills and once again the hospitality shown to us by the staff made our stay so much easier. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was small-but the fruit was appreciated and the coffee great.

In the two times that we have stayed here in the past 8 months, however, it has been the staff's warmth and accommodating manner, particularly Lynette-which has been so memorable. For one example: we asked for help with some paperwork we needed for my Mom's wake, and Lynette was so helpful-one less thing to worry about during a difficult time.

Thank you again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I would like to take a moment to send my deepest sympathies to you, from all of us, for your loss. Thank you for the nice comments about your stay with us! It prides me to know that the staff's warm & inviting nature, helped to make your difficult time just a little easier! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lynette!
Middle Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

my family and I traveled from new York to see family in Pittsburgh upon entering the room the bed had hair and stains on the sheets and covers. We told the desk person to put us in another room which also had hair and cigarette burn in the sheets. We told the night person we could not stay here and put my family in a dirty room. Need less to say the breakfast was only a shelf next to two coffee pots. The night girl needs to be not as sarcastic. to her customers Needless to say we got our money back and went to the Hampton inn in west Mifflin by which staff there was great!! And you get what you pay for meaning a full breakfast from waffles to eggs and friendly people. Extended stay staff needs to learn from Hampton inn staff.

Room Tip: do not pay first ask to see the room and inspect with the staff before paying for your hard worked m...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Matt - I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us, as we utilize all feedback to help better our hotels offerings. The issue with the bed linen in your guestroom is unacceptable and has promptly been addressed. As well, I am going to be coaching the entire staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward as I do not condone unprofessional behavior like what is being described in your review.

I would be happy to speak to you in more detail, concerning your stay. Please feel free to contact me at the property, 412.650.9096. I do hope that you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin? Share your experiences!