“Very welcoming, very accommodating, very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
“Very welcoming, very accommodating, very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Extended Stay for three nights to attend my father's funeral. It was a very difficult time for us and Lynette the front desk clerk could not have been nicer. She allowed us to check in a little early to change our clothes after a 4 1/2 hour drive for the funeral home visitation. The next morning as I waited for my husband, she listened empathetically, showing real concern for our loss. Our room was quiet, clean and very comfortable. The coffee in the room was very good, and the oranges and always-available coffee in the lobby were a treat. More importantly, however, was the warmth and accommodating, hospitable manner extended to us by Lynette. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear georgejrpa,
Thank you so much for your glowing comments regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America, Pittsburgh- West Mifflin. Our mission is to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms and I was glad to read that we did just that. We will be sure to share your comments with Lynette. Please let us know the next time you are in the West Mifflin area, we would love for you to be our guest again. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for three days. Nice, clean, extremely friendly place to stay. Hotel itself is quiet but the road noise can be annoying. The fridge was nice to have. Only downside was the smoke detector is above bed and it flashes a light every three seconds that is quite bright. Besides the traffic noise (I'm a light sleeper and may not be bad in a room facing alley) and the smoke detector beacon, it's a great place to lay your head. Will definitely stay again at this chain. Front staff very friendly and helpful, especially night staff.

• Stayed December 2012
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Jennifer C,
Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. At Extended Stay America, we strive for total guest satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way with your future travels to the Pittsburgh area or any of our other locations throughout the United States
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Got an email asking for feedback from a recent stay at the above hotel. None of your links in the mail work. Dates there were November 29, 30, and Dec 1. I got a call the afternoon before (28th) by an Expedia agent asking me when I would arrive. I told him Thursday between 1 and 3 pm. I asked why. He said because "they want to be sure someone is there to check you in." Huh? What hotel closes on any day? He assured me that my time would be passed on. He also said he never heard anything like that before, but he was just following his orders to call. Ok, whatever. We get there at 1:05 pm and no one is there at the desk to check us in. A note on the door and desk said due to the holiday they are closed until 6 pm. Huh again?? Now I am very unhappy. What kind of hotel is this? So, we leave and go to see my Mom and come back at 6 pm. Someone is there. I asked her why did someone call to make sure of my arrival time when no one was here? She had no real answer only that the staff wanted some holiday time off. Huh again? Ok, so now for the room review. I actually liked the room, new renovations etc. Loved the kitchenette. But, the entire room was very dirty. Like no one cleaned anything. The bed linens had hairs in them and were old, stale, wrinkled, and just looked plain dingy. The bed was rock hard. The towels as rough as sandpaper and you got one mini, mini bottle of shampoo and one mini mini cake of soap. No one came for the towels, we had to ask at the front desk for new ones. Well, I was unaware that "extended stay" meant extended no cleaning, new towels, or new/clean anything. So I cleaned my own room and went to the front desk every day for clean towels. I'm glad I brought with me a big bar of soap. In all, I will not be coming back nor staying at an Extended Stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear dra1111doggys,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Extended Stay America, West Mifflin, PA. I was disheartened to read your comments on the cleanliness of your room. I have spoken to the local management staff in regards to both issues and ensure that your comments will be addressed. I was glad to read that the guest rooms were comfortable for you. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us another chance to serve you if you are in the Pittsburgh area again. Thank you.
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have relatives in Pittsburgh that we visit a couple of times a year. They live off of Lebanon Church Road so I have chosen other hotels on that street. Over the years we've stayed at Holiday Inn Express up the road and the Days Inn across the street. I was hesitant to call Extended Stay America because I thought it would be way expensive since it's called "Extended Stay". I had to make a trip up to "The Burgh" at the last minute and found they were WAY LESS expensive. I could also have my small dog with me for an additional $25.00 a night. The staff was really friendly and the decor in the lobby and the room was very nice and clean. I could smell cigarette smoke in the hallway so some stick up air fresheners would help with that. In addition they had a KITCHENETTE complete with dishes, etc. That was great because when we had food delivered, we didn't have to worry when the delivery guy forgot to bring them (as well as my husband's DIET PEPSI, Vocelli's). Flat Screen TV, windows that actually open and one of those curved out shower curtain rods were a nice touch, too! The bed was firm and I prefer it that way. The recliner was comfortable. I didn't bring a hair dryer because I thought they'd have them in the room. They had a brand new one we could borrow so that worked out great! VERY NICE EXPERIENCE..GREAT HELPFUL STAFF..I HAVE FOUND A NEW PLACE TO STAY IN THE 'BURGH! Also, A grab and go breakfast is nice. If you want a full breakfast, there's a Eat N' Park about a 1/2 mile from the motel..save yourself the $40.00 you'd pay for the breakfasts at Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn. We paid $20.00 for breakfast for 2 at Eat'N'Park. (PLUS they have Smiley Cookies. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear KP710,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Extended Stay America, West Mifflin, PA. We pride ourselves in providing each of our guests with a clean, comfortable room at an exceptional rate. We take great satisfaction in knowing that we did just that for you and your family. The next time you are in the West Mifflin area, we hope you give us the pleasure of having you as our guest. Thank you again.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. We had no problem with any ordors from cooking. There were ice trays in the freezer w/ ice which was nice when we arrived-there's no ice machines. There is convenient shopping close by- Target, Walmart, Shop and Save, Dollar General, etc. As others have stated the beds are "firm", but we had no problem w/ that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Jean S,
Thank you so much for your glowing comments regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America, Pittsburgh- West Mifflin. Our mission is to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms and I was glad to read that we did just that. Please let us know the next time you are in the West Mifflin area, we would love for you to be our guest again. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin? Share your experiences!