This hotel is nice, very nice!
Landscaping is one of the nicest i've seen at the 200 or so IHG hotels and other brand hotels I've stayed at. (Orange Lake FL is nicer, 1,400 acre resort though). Small but very well maintained, pond, tiny mini golf, water falls.. super cool to walk around.
The night we checked in, they had a complimentary bbq and drinks which was great, everything was fresh, well prepared and as some items were running low, the staff kept bringing out more.
Fresh fruits (apples/bananas), popcorn, cookies, chips, were also available at the front desk.
I travel for work, and spend close to 100 nights/year at hotels, with a majority going to IHG hotels. I mostly travel alone and don't care for the "Complimentary room upgrade" that platinum members are supposed to receive, if rooms are available. On this trip my wife and two children came along and i was hoping to take advantage of this benefit for giving most of my hotel business stays to IHG hotels.
Upon checking in, I asked the clerk (young girl) if I could get a complimentary room upgrade for being a platinum elite member, her response was "I can't make that decision" she also mentioned that there was a "suite" available if I wanted to pay for the rate. Thinking she was new, I thought she might not even be aware of the IHG loyalty program or the benefits IHG claims for their platinum elite members.
On my way back from the car with my luggage, i noticed a gentleman in a suit, thinking he was the night time manager, i asked him if there was another room available as a complimentary upgrade for a platinum member.
He replied, "Subject to availability, we are all sold out." I informed him that the girl sitting beside him said there was a room available, unfortunately he rudely cut me off repeatedly saying "subject to availability" and then he apparently got upset and said "someone will book that room".. and kept repeating "subject to availability" while i kept walking to the elevator... Nice hotel but perhaps managers should not feel the need to belittle their guests, to prove their superiority to new employees.
Needless to say i will not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Sharon / Hermitage, PA is a recipient of the prestigious 'Torchbearer' Award from IHG Hotels for 2008. This makes 4 years of outstanding customer service recognized by IHG Hotels. The HI Express and Suites in Sharon/Hermitage, PA is only 25 minutes from the Youngstown Regional Airport. Our hotel is conveniently located to Shenango Valley Mall, Prime Outlets in Grove City, Amish Country and right next door to beautiful Tam O' Shanter Golf Course.Our hotel features: associate empowerment training for total guest satisfaction, themed spa suites, Presidential suites with fireplaces, soaking tubs, family suites and romance suites complete with heart-shaped tubs, two port high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms, kitchenettes, guest laundry, meeting rooms, tropical Indoor pool and spa, complimentary manager s party, complimentary Express Start breakfast and our famous value-added 'wow' service touches. Please book early and have your chance to experience an exceptional value, with top ranked services at a great price. We put a new meaning to price value in your hotel stay so be smart with the leaders in the Holiday Inn Express and Suites brand. Please Note: Pool is for registered guests only. No pool or guest room parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage Hotel West Middlesex
- Holiday Inn West Middlesex
- Holiday Inn Express Hermitage
- West Middlesex Holiday Inn