“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Late Night
PA
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm sorry to say that I did not have a very good dining experience. I've been to Austin's many times but this last visit will be my last. I went for lunch on Saturday and ordered the baked potato soup. It is usually very good, however when it arrived it looked like it had been sitting for awhile because it had "skin" on top. It was so over-salted that I could not eat it. A server did not come near me until someone brought my cheeseburger. She asked if I wanted another soup but it was too late at that point so I just took the burger. Again, I've had this before and I enjoyed it but it was also very salty; I did not eat it. When the server came back I told her and she took it away. A few minutes later a manager came over to find out what was wrong with my meal. When I explained that the food was very salty, she said that they "season their food that way all the time." She offered me another meal without any seasoning but I declined. I just wanted to leave. I then got my check with both the soup and burger being charged in full. I didn't eat them! When I mentioned this to the server, they were taken off the check. It wasn't just the food I was unhappy about, but also the service. It's too bad because I used to enjoy Austin's.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
“Ceaser salad/anchovies...yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had dinner at Austins...we usually do lunch...Love their burgers! My friend had salmon which she thoroughly enjoyed. I enjoyed their Ceaser salad with grilled chicken and anchovies. For dessert, the apple pie ala mode was to die for. And, their lighting seemed a bit "lighter"!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Austin's always has great service with multiple people checking on you. Food is really good - the best baby back ribs I've had.

Visited January 2013
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Food was awsome and the atmosphere and great. My family loves eating here and the specials are alway good.

Visited January 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Awesome Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food here is amazing. The service is a close second. Many would be concerned about the price, but then again, you DO get what you pay for. If I want cheap, there is always fast food joints to be found. The only negative I have found with this place is how dark it is, though I guess you could say it is "intimate."

• Visited August 2012