“Best view and filet ever” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Best view and filet ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

There was nothing to dislike, service, dinner and view were exactly what we needed and we received!!

Visited May 2013

“Only good part was the view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Watching the rain roll in from miles away over the valley was the only good part of this experience. The waitress may have been overextended by covering too many tables, but for the price point she didn't take the time to review or recommend anything on the menu. I'm embarrassed to say that it did not occur to me that neither the salmon nor the catch of the day are probably not too fresh in central PA. French onion was good. Coffee was ok. Overpriced.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Terrible service, Average food, great scenic view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

They advertize themselves as one of the best 10 restaurants in North-East Pennsylvania. They should be sued for false advertizing. The price of the entrees are those that I am used to pay in top rated high-end restaurant but the quality and presentation of the food are average at best. While they are charging you $ 28 for veal Calabrese, they have the audacity to offer you a salad for ONLY $1 extra!!!They are definitively understaffed and the service is terrible. The only redeeming feature is the beautiful view of the valley below.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, CT, USA
“Oh, dear”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We eat here when in Hazleton because we haven't found a good place to eat in the area. We are able to laugh at it now, but it's a very bad experience. Way overpriced for the food, which is mediocre at best. The last time we were there, one of the entrees was corned beef and cabbage (left over from St. Patrick's Day?) tossed with bowtie pasta. Passed on that one. I've learned to order the chicken with NO sauce....but it's still marinated in Italian salad dressing. Service? once they ran out of glasses. The decor sends us back to the 50's.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Save your money and dine somewhere else.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I never expect much from this place, but today was a solid worst experience ever visit. I don't even know where to begin?

I waited for the rest of my party to arrive and was offered a drink to start. The coffee and water I ordered didn't arrive ever... 20 minutes later when the rest of the table arrived and they were asked for drinks and I reordered them. Once our drinks came one of the cocktails was wrong. That was a 5 minute wait.... And a poorly made cocktail.

Food is fair to ok as far as being edible. But it is way over priced. I dine in center city Philadelphia often and don't see entrees priced at $31+ or appetizers for $15-17!! Those are prices for a 4-5star establishment. They are just plain crazy to even print thise kind of prices. The Seafood Surprise entree (a crock of creamy sauced shellfish) had one chunk of lobster, 2 shrimp and 2 scallops with some crab meat. For $31. They should be ashamed. The salmon Greco looked nice. My shellfish app was a joke. The barely noticeable scallops in bacon. Seriously? Did they wrap two tiny bay scallops with scraps on breakfast bacon?? And the baked clams casino were 2 of the smallest littleneck clams ever. The 2 shrimp were nice U12 shrimp but overlooked and stringy. I get that its a sampler. But make it right and make it well. Not crappy and broiled with butter.

Our waitress was admittedly busy and scatter brained from being the only one on shift for most of the time. Approximately 2pm another server arrived. (Note to management: Maybe your lunch staff in time needs to be adjusted) ... Returning to food/service. Clearing the table took forever.... Water glasses had lip marks.... I just swapped my with the table next to me....The melting whipped cream in the desserts either leads me to believe that it's pre made and garnished and sits in a fridge or stale warm milk... We had to ask for water refills. There was no manager to be seen just this poor waitress floundering in the weeds. Every sauce is laden with butter. Every sauce that was supposed to be a demi glace or emulsified was broken. The dining room was absolutely void of any atmosphere. No music. No laughing. Just a nice view which this time of year is blah. (Not their fault) but the silence of a tomb doesn't make for a good dining experience.

You know what's good? The bread.
You know what was better? Leaving.

Save your money. Dine elsewhere... Or pray that Robert Irvine or Gordon Ramsey and their restaurant rehab shows get there before you do.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere