“Love their Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Cochranville, Pennsylvania
“Love their Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

They have ton of food there. Such a great Selection. Food taste good as well. The only problem I had while there last time was the horrible server we had. she was personal at all and she seemed liked she was in hurry and hated her job.

Visited May 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Just meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ignored when we walked in the door, place was not busy 5 people in the restaurant. Wait staff was preoccupied with talking and texting to themselves. Only 2 of us at our table not only got the drink order wrong but the food came out with things we specifically asked not to be on it. When you ask for plain no toppings that pretty much as easy as it comes. Not loaded with lettuce tomato, mayo and Onions. Did I mention we were 2 of the 5 customers in the place. How hard should it be?

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kat D, Owner at Aurora Pizzeria & Pasta Kitchen, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at Aurora. It definitely sounds unpleasant. I will definitely be addressing these issues with my staff! If you would be wiling to send me your address I would like to send you a gift card to possibly try us again. My email address is katherinedel@gmail.com.
“Are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We live near Aurora. Have tried this place from time to time to see if they can improve. The last time we went (11/2013) my wife ordered a chicken parm sandwich, my daughter got a tuna salad wrap and I ordered a "Kennett Square" burger.

This place remains mostly unchanged. Some updated seating and changed paintings on the wall, but still uninspired decor. The waitstaff are mostly all children of high school age. They try to take your order without writing anything down. They often don't recall what you tell them and they return to get your order a second time or turn it into the kitchen wrong and you get something you did not order. They are unpleasant and do not return to refill drinks if you order water as they know the bill will be less since soft drinks are not adding to a fairly pricey bill, since many items are overpriced and under portioned.

My daughter's tuna wrap was decent and fresh. The menu states it has cheese that can be ordered on it but does not state you must pay an additional charge for the cheese. while it might sound petty to complain about paying an additional .75c for cheese, it would be nice to know it before receiving the check and feel like the owners are just trying to bleed extra money.

My Kennett Square burger came with a choice of the type of cheese. Nice if you like to choose from only 2 types of cheese, American Or Provolone. I asked for Swiss, but ended up being relegated to Provolone. Kennett Square is the Mushroom capital of the world. Aurora is the underpopulated area of mushrooms as my burger had about 4 pieces of mushroom on the burger. The cheese was not put on the sandwich until it was plated and was cold and not melted on the burger. If I had not ordered a side Caesar salad, the burger would have been the only thing on the plate. Who doesn't serve burgers with fries or chips? At $9 for a burger, a side of chips or fries would not break the bank for Aurora.

The chicken parm my wife ordered was a complete joke. Aurora claims to be a pizzeria and pasta establishment, but was not able to put anymore than about a teaspoon of sauce on my wife's sandwich. That would be possibly ok if they were trying to showcase their cheese, but there was not much more cheese than sauce on the bread. An extremely poor sandwich.

We have had their pizza before and it is regular pizza with poor sauce. No where as good as Brother's in West Grove.

Boring store-like atmosphere, lousy service, overpriced menu and poor food. Go somewhere else. We will never return - not worth going.

Visited November 2013
Pennsylvania
“Just misses the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food is just shy of being excellent, but the owners need to train the waitstaff a little better and update the decor. If they gave the place a little ambiance, it would feel less like cheap eats and they might even be able to bill it as BYOB. Salads are a little overdressed or come with the dressing in a little plastic side cup. The wait staff doesn't seem to be up on dining protocol. Just misses the mark, but with a little tweaking could be exceptional.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laurel, Delaware
“Excellent Pasta Dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant modern feeling dining room, a little noisy but it was almost full when we arrived, and all of us enjoyed looking at the featured art on the walls. Great decorating idea and conversation starter for dinner! The roasted beet salad was delicious and plenty to share with another person. I love their house basalmic dressing on the salad. My Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and crab was absolutely amazing with a light sauce, fresh peas, and red pepper. Very generous with the crab! Others with me had the bow tie pasta with pesto sauce and pine nuts. That was also perfect and the pesto freshly made too! Portions are very generous, enough for leftover dinner the next day. Our waitress was attentive by keeping our drink glasses filled, giving us extra pizza bread to take home, and getting us out quickly at the end. Great pasta!

• Visited June 2013