“Up to the standard I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Up to the standard I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in Conshohocken for 6 nights for a series of business meetings. I arrived very late after a transatlantic flight and appreciated the rapid and efficient check-in.

My room was clean and, while small, was perfectly adequate for my needs. I particularly welcomed the choice of pillows - soft pillows are my favourite.

The bar / restaurant was OK without being special but there a couple of good restaurants nearby.

Would I stay there again? Yes, definitely.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel was not up to the standards I expect from a full-service Marriott, let alone the more value-priced brands. Room was small, cramped, dark & a little shabby, although clean. Hotel could use some renovation. Elevators made odd noises & worried me, but they did get me to where I was going. Marriott could and can do better than this.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is situated overlooking a river, on the corner of the main drag in West Conshohocken. The staff is very friendly - check-in is a breeze - they have your name on a list and a key ready for you when you walk in the door. They also have a bottle of water out and hand it to you as you take your key - very nice when you first check-in. They are also good about room upgrades for frequent guests.

Luigi tends the lounge in the evening and does a great job - greeting every guest who comes in. He does a number of things, including movie nights to help guests interact and linger in the lounge - great job - unlike anything else I have seen at other properties.

Morning service at the lounge is fair - for some reason they insist on putting the spoons out so that you have to grab it by the part that goes in your mouth - gross! I don't want everyone touch what I will eat with before I get there. I have commented to the front-desk - but nothing has changed. I often eat elsewhere because of the spoon situation.

The beds are very firm as others have noted, not sure why, but they are. Overall not bad - definitely better than staying downtown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott West during a family event and received a special lower price, which was much appreciated. The hotel is extremely clean, comfortable and has all the amenities I required -- including a fridge and a coffee maker in the room. Everything was spotlessly clean, and the service was excellent.
But what made this truly an extraordinary experience, is that I "lost" my cellphone over the weekend, and was totally unsuccessful in finding it. As a last resort, I called the hotel, and sure enough, it had been found, and was being held by security. An extremely helpful staff member offered to mail it to me at no charge, and a few days later I had my phone back in perfect condition. Anyone who has ever lost a cellphone can imagine my relief and delight at finding it again.
I congratulate the staff at the Marriott for going the extra distance to help a customer. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side that is NOT overlooking the highway (or on a higher floor). It's qui...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My back still hurts. In fairness, the problem with ultra hard beds is more Marriott's fault, which is why I have asked our Travel Dept people not to book Marriott hotels in the future. Otherwise the hotel of OK.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is charging a high premium for a 2 star hotel service. For me it's one redeeming factor was the fitness area.
The breakfast room was closed for one day of my stay, but no-one from the hotel bothered to tell me about it, fortunately I overheard another guest telling a colleague, otherwise I would have been left in the dark. No-one during my 13 days asked me whether my stay was okay. The bath towels are little bigger than hand towels and if you like a turn-down service, forget it. There is very limited shopping and restaurants within walking distance, if you don't have a car, or are not travelling into Philly by train, you need a car or a taxi. The restaurant was okay on the one time I had dinner there. When I return to the area I'd be very unlikely to use the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Its a shame but it could have been better. The service is very good and the facility itself is nice. It is difficult to get to from the Interstate and the parking is hard to understand, The gym is undersized and the restaurant is adequate, It does have a nice indoor pool. Again, the hotel service staffi s the real strength.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Philadelphia Marriott West? Share your experiences!